IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

7 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

But the City & County of Bristol do not have a team named after them, so who am I to support?

The closest team to me? That's Gloucestershire.

The team that actually play in the City & County of Bristol? That's Gloucestershire. 

The team that play in a city I've actually been to? That's Gloucestershire. 

So yep, they're my local team :)

Glos beat Midzex in the hit and giggle cup. Got no interest in this form, but apparently, we always beat them at this game .........so if you like ,they are like City's  Fulham !

Edited by slartibartfast

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Glos beat Midzex in the hit and giggle cup. Got no interest in this form, but apparently, we always beat them at this game .........so if you like ,they are like City's  Fulham !

Yes a good win, although they made slightly harder work of it by losing wickets near the end.  Watched it on the live stream, as this one sold out weeks ago.  Love all forms of the game, but I know The Blast/Big Bash isn't everyone's cup of tea. 

Agree about the Fulham thing but, it seems for as long as I can remember (which is a bloody long time!) we seem to have a disproportionate amount of success in any form of the game during the Cheltenham Festival.  This festival we have won both our 4 dayers, today's T/20, and we would surely have beaten Glamorgan in last weeks Blast if not for a downpour, which washed out what was left of Glam's innings, and we couldn't start ours.  But I remember regularly going up there back in the days of the John Player Sunday League and, however good or bad our season was going we always seemed to win at Cheltenham! Edit: not sure why this post ended up looking like it does!!

Edited by New Dazzler

56 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Yes a good win, although they made slightly harder work of it by losing wickets near the end.  Watched it on the live stream, as this one sold out weeks ago.  Love all forms of the game, but I know The Blast/Big Bash isn't everyone's cup of tea. 

Agree about the Fulham thing but, it seems for as long as I can remember (which is a bloody long time!) we seem to have a disproportionate amount of success in any form of the game during the Cheltenham Festival.  This festival we have won both our 4 dayers, today's T/20, and we would surely have beaten Glamorgan in last weeks Blast if not for a downpour, which washed out what was left of Glam's innings, and we couldn't start ours.  But I remember regularly going up there back in the days of the John Player Sunday League and, however good or bad our season was going we always seemed to win at Cheltenham! Edit: not sure why this post ended up looking like it does!!

Yes, for years I always went to Chelt for a couple of days, great setting. Used to love the JPL, but t20 is a stage to instant for me ! The main reason is ........if I want a football atmos, I go to football. :cool:

Edited by slartibartfast

3 hours ago, TomF said:

Defo good move in bolstering up the batting. Who drops out though? Davis and Banton gets the gloves? 

Azhar Ali will drop out. Too much bother un registering Babar and re registering Azhar and then reversing it again apparently.

You can only have one registered at a time

45 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Azhar Ali will drop out. Too much bother un registering Babar and re registering Azhar and then reversing it again apparently.

You can only have one registered at a time

Two, actually.

Whilst he is only contracted for 20/20, Taylor is registered, meaning only one of Ali or Babar.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Two, actually.

Whilst he is only contracted for 20/20, Taylor is registered, meaning only one of Ali or Babar.

Yes, 2 of course.

I would happily un register Taylor and keep the other 2 for the rest of the championship games though. 

On 25/07/2019 at 10:09, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbh there are/have been quite a lot of City fans in Somerset- or borderline South Bristol/North Somerset. That is their local cricket team.

Those who live in Bristol outright, it's the team with their HQ in the city (and county) of Bristol.

So on your logic, anyone north of the river should support rovers and not city? As that is their local football team?

• Hmmm 1