IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

1 minute ago, Stortz said:

Fair play to Zhang, career best performance.

I don't understand why Joyce came in light then stayed in the pocket exchanging, makes no sense.

Only seen Zhang twice but I've been pretty impressed. He's a big old unit, heck of a jab, and quick.

The worry with Joyce has always been how painfully slow he is, plus lack of head movement.

Joyce just lost to the better man tonight. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Fair play to Zhang, career best performance.

I don't understand why Joyce came in light then stayed in the pocket exchanging, makes no sense.

His best performance was against hrgovic last time out but he blew up later rounds,his power is underrated tho it had to be said,hopefully Joyce will have a hard look at his career because you can’t continue to get punished and try to walk through them 

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Only seen Zhang twice but I've been pretty impressed. He's a big old unit, heck of a jab, and quick.

The worry with Joyce has always been how painfully slow he is, plus lack of head movement.

Joyce just lost to the better man tonight. 

He’s very good mate but normally only a 6 round fighter and then fades

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

His best performance was against hrgovic last time out but he blew up later rounds,his power is underrated tho it had to be said,hopefully Joyce will have a hard look at his career because you can’t continue to get punished and try to walk through them 

No, stopping their punches with your face isn't a sound defensive strategy.

edit- chat shit get Zhanged

Edited by Stortz
  • Haha 1

Just now, TomF said:

Old Frank must be feeling shite - Fury fighting bums, Dubois and Joyce both lost after all hype.. 

How are his sons even more annoying than him? 

Special mention to the judges again. One Brit and two yanks, so of course no bias there against a Chinese fighter. 

One of them had Joyce one round up when the stoppage came ?

1 minute ago, Stortz said:

FFS!

I bet he is mind, seems easy and lucrative work after tonight I'm sure.

Joyce said he might not bother with it, said that rematches often don't work out.

I'd prefer him to have a domestic, the problem is despite him losing tonight I still can't see Eddie Hearn letting AJ fight him without any belts on offer. Dillian Whyte maybe? He's had his title shot now.

• Like 1

Just now, TomF said:

Whyte pre fight seemed up for it when asked.  

This generation of heavyweights feels like it's running out of steam doesn't it? Almost all of them are close to retirement and there's too many egos behind the scenes stopping the big fights from happening. Promoters scared of putting their cash cows in the ring in fear of it damaging or ending their careers.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

This generation of heavyweights feels like it's running out of steam doesn't it? Almost all of them are close to retirement and there's too many egos behind the scenes stopping the big fights from happening. Promoters scared of putting their cash cows in the ring in fear of it damaging or ending their careers.

It’s sickening really.Fury really should of fought the 3 belt champ for 50/50 and AJ doesn’t want to get hit anymore,the only bloke who wants to fight all and sundry is Wilder but he can’t fight anyone at the moment 

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

I struggle to manage 10:30pm walks.. if it rolls over to 6am at least the youngest might be awake ?

A few years back I'd have been bang on it at someone's and tomorrow would have been a blur. Now, the sad middle aged get I am, I'm going set the alarm and creep past the kids' rooms to get up and watch it.

They do start sleeping in at around 10/11 mate, promise!