IGNORED

The Cost of Football....

Tinmans Love Child

Based on last season's prices and results, this is how much it cost a club's supporters to see each home goal:
Bristol Rovers: £4.79
Bristol City: £4.89

Cheapest season ticket:
Bristol Rovers: £260
Bristol City: £299

Most expensive:
Bristol Rovers: £540
Bristol City: £429

Price to follow club:
(One adult shirt, 23 programmes per season, 1 pie and 1 cup of tea per game, cheapest available season ticket)

Bristol Rovers: £472.39
Bristol City: £523.39

Two Leagues difference and about £50 between us. People surely can't complain about our prices. I point you to fellow strugglers in our division Rotherham

Price to follow club:
Rotherham United: £578.99

Based on last season's prices and results, this is how much it cost a club's supporters to see each home goal:
Bristol Rovers: £4.79
Bristol City: £4.89

Cheapest season ticket:
Bristol Rovers: £260
Bristol City: £299

Most expensive:
Bristol Rovers: £540
Bristol City: £429

Price to follow club:
(One adult shirt, 23 programmes per season, 1 pie and 1 cup of tea per game, cheapest available season ticket)

Bristol Rovers: £472.39
Bristol City: £523.39

Two Leagues difference and about £50 between us. People surely can't complain about our prices. I point you to fellow strugglers in our division Rotherham

Price to follow club:
Rotherham United: £578.99

Even more remarkable when you consider that Rovers have c. 4.5m fans to spread the cost over and we only have 50k

All very well but tickets for individual matches are extortionate. 

1 guy in work bought tickets for Forest.. £34 per adult in south stand..it's on the TV..I would have expected no more than £30 for Dolman tickets.

Even more frightening another guy bought a 5 year old a ticket for Fulham (he's a St holder but his childcare not available for this match).. The ticket was £18.. For 5 year old who won't even watch the match..  He was expecting about £10.

Who on earth sets these prices..? Extortionate. 

So the cost of my ST alone, no shirt, food or drink equals this if ŷou use the calculator in the survey:

"following Bristol City Tickets = £399.00

£399.00 is the same as 7.98% of the average Championship player's weekly salary

£399.00 is the same as 0.00665% of Andre Gray 's transfer fee"

Are they taking the Mick by quoting Gray's transfer fee?!:grr:

So the cost of my ST alone, no shirt, food or drink equals this if ŷou use the calculator in the survey:

"following Bristol City Tickets = £399.00

£399.00 is the same as 7.98% of the average Championship player's weekly salary

£399.00 is the same as 0.00665% of Andre Gray 's transfer fee"

Are they taking the Mick by quoting Gray's transfer fee?!:grr:

I thought that, make me laugh a little.

I believe that as soon as the ground is finished we will see cheaper match day prices as at the moment they are trying to reduce the effect of only having 3 stands by bumping up the prices for match day tickets

I sincerely hope so. I've always been a fan of having fuller grounds for cheaper prices rather than top prices and half empty. I hope the board see it like this and not think that they've got us paying out now so let's try to get more paying the same.

i think they are building a monster of a stand and will need to fill it, and the South Stand too to justify the redevelopment. The trouble is the Dolman still has it's faults (legroom and access compared with the other stands) and unless prices are much cheaper I for one will be seriously considering relocating elsewhere. If others are similar then the Dolman will be looking very empty.

I believe that as soon as the ground is finished we will see cheaper match day prices as at the moment they are trying to reduce the effect of only having 3 stands by bumping up the prices for match day tickets

It had better as it is disgraceful this season.

Archived