IGNORED

if he does go? what about mark Cooper. .

castle red

11 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

it must have been very refreshing for Cooper to hear Papa Johnson and little Lee, say how pretty their football was for 35 minutes and then what?, **** all, nil goals, nil points, watch ice skating or ski jumping if you want a sport that awards style points.

Isn't that what we are doing this season EMB?

Quite alot of irony in this thread, people slaughtering Swindon who I actually thought caused us plenty of problems that night but ultimately, weren't good enough where it matters most - in both penalty areas.

Story of our season?

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Isn't that what we are doing this season EMB?

Exactly what we are doing and i'm sure that you, me, SC, the staff, the squad, the owner and the whole fanbase are absolutely pissed off with hearing because it counts for nowt at all, in our position 3 or 4 totally jammy 1-0 victories are needed where everybody says HTF did they win that, but history books only print the result and sweet FA for style, so thanks for illustrating my point mate.

Our finishing saved us against Swindle. They played well. Not for me Cooper. Think the board will go for Cotts give him some time and money and we will finish ten points outside the play offs. Steve will be given a new contract extension at the end of the season

43 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Watch the game agian. If it was not for Frank Fielding..

First 15 minutes they had a couple of good chances.  I've got it on Sky plus (on keep).  They in no way dominated 90 minutes.  We were at home, in red, not them!

4 minutes ago, shelts said:

Our finishing saved us against Swindle. They played well. Not for me Cooper. Think the board will go for Cotts give him some time and money and we will finish ten points outside the play offs. Steve will be given a new contract extension at the end of the season

About one third right, our finishing v their finishing WON us the game.

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

We won 3-0. We completely dominated from the first to last minute.

Step away from the PC 

We won 3-0 (and what a crucial one it was, at that) but to suggest we were in any way dominant in the overall game is lunacy. I remember thinking constantly 'how on earth are we not behind here'. 

A bit like saying Charlton were equal to us on Saturday - sometimes you get a freak result that just doesn't reflect the game and that was one of them. 

That was one of those games that 9/10 times thy would have won - and on the one occasion you get an anomaly of a result. 

image.png

PS - I don't want him here (far from it) but let's be economical with the truth. Had the shoe been on the other foot we'd have been coming away absolutely baffled about the result. 

11 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

We won 3-0 (and what a crucial one it was, at that) but to suggest we were in any way dominant in the overall game is lunacy. I remember thinking constantly 'how on earth are we not behind here'. 

A bit like saying Charlton were equal to us on Saturday - sometimes you get a freak result that just doesn't reflect the game and that was one of them. 

That was one of those games that 9/10 times thy would have won - and on the one occasion you get an anomaly of a result. 

image.png

PS - I don't want him here (far from it) but let's be economical with the truth. Had the shoe been on the other foot we'd have been coming away absolutely baffled about the result. 

OK let us not be economical with the truth, they could easily have 2 players sent off before halftime and further player sent off in the 2nd half, one player could have been sent off 3 times, we could have had 3 penalties, so actually I believe we would still have felt cheated had the result been different.

it matters, not the officials were crap, so was their shooting and we won 3-0, which was an incredibly fair result because they deserved **** all.

18 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

image.png

If I was a Swindle fan that day I'd be absolutely fuming about how my team overplayed every single time they had the ball and how our defenders were too busy trying to physically assault City players rather than defend which they were dreadful at. It's no fluke we got 20 more points than they did at the end of the season and how we're a league above them.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

No doubt and by the end of it we were clearly the better team. Just saying I was there and there was a brief spell before we scored where I was very nervous as they looked likely to go up. People were making it sound like from the opening whistle we were on top of them and they didn't have a sniff of goal. We were soundly the better team by the end but it was a nail biter early on. 

Yep, that's pretty much how it went. So you agree with the majority on this thread that the guy who claims Swindon dominated the game is talking bollocks.

I'm for sticking with Cotts personally. Have never been an advocate of sacking managers, believe they need time. Unless it's blatantly obvious they are not up to it, which I don't believe Cotts falls into. But if I had a choice of an out of contract manager, it would be Hoddle every time. Might be pie in the sky, although I'm not sure it would be if he was given full control and was impressed with our future plans. Just like his philosophy on players and how the game should be played. Has made obvious mistakes in the past, but who hasn't.

2 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Yep, that's pretty much how it went. So you agree with the majority on this thread that the guy who claims Swindon dominated the game is talking bollocks.

Yes. Just bored the only reason I bothered. We weren't dominated for 90 minutes. More like a 15-20 minute spell where we were even then we dominated. 

8 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

OK let us not be economical with the truth, they could easily have 2 players sent off before halftime and further player sent off in the 2nd half, one player could have been sent off 3 times, we could have had 3 penalties, so actually I believe we would still have felt cheated had the result been different.

it matters, not the officials were crap, so was their shooting and we won 3-0, which was an incredibly fair result because they deserved **** all.

Not denying any of that, but it wasn't the easy, cruise to an easy win that people are suggesting.

In fact until we scored I think everyone in the ground felt that we were in for a long night. 

Justice prevailed and it was absolutely what was deserved on so many levels, but we certainly didn't cruise the game, despite what the score line suggests  

12 hours ago, Tomarse said:

We won 3-0. We completely dominated from the first to last minute.

Step away from the PC 

Have to say I think you've misjudged this one Tom. We certainly weren't dominated for 90 minutes as Sweden suggests, but it's no more true to say we dominated from first to last.

At 0-0 Swindon were on top and playing good possession football. Ultimately there was no end product, but that was mainly due to an excellent stop by Fielding. I also recall the relief of Joe Bryan's goal because there was always the threat of an equaliser.

Ultimately City deserved the win - I don't think you can win 3-0 and not deserve three points - but it was far from a one sided affair.

• Admin

Mark Cooper - NO !

Unproven at a decent level, this is why we are forever a yo-yo club, we get to a point and then stagnate!

We need to be looking for better than what we have, not taking a gamble again that has no indication it will bring any benefit to the club

Archived