IGNORED

Picture Quiz...Name the players

BobbyC

17 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Whatever happened to those (always light blue) "invalid vehicles"?

Possibly one of the most unsafe vehicles ever produced, they would blow over in a strong wind. Also how did anyone ever think that it was safe to just park them around the pitch with players sliding into tackles all the time. It's amazing there weren't more problems. :)

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Looks like John Toshack heading the ball for Cardiff towards Mike Gibson in goal watched by Alec Briggs and Jack Connor

Totally correct. Probably 1968-9, we lost 0-3, but could also be previous season. I cannot remember when the old Cowshed stand was demolished.

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Rosettes, rattles, the half-time scoreboard, being encouraged to throw coins at people walking around the pitch carrying a blanket, back home to wait at the newsagents for the Green'Un and the Pink'Un then buying both ... ahhhhh

Jumpers for goal posts? Isn't it? Wasn't it?

Marvellous! 

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Totally correct. Probably 1968-9, we lost 0-3, but could also be previous season. I cannot remember when the old Cowshed stand was demolished.

If it was the late 60s then I was there although I don't remember many games from that era. I was only a "yoof" back then. My first game along with my mate and his dad was in 1967. 

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

The opening game of that reason we lost home to Hudders 3-2.

The game I'm thinking of was actually the 2nd home game of the 70/71 season when we lost 2-0.  Toshack signed for Liverpool in the Novermber of that season.

7 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Seems ridiculous to have both teams playing in grey.

"and for those of you who are watching in back and white, the pink is next to the green"

Archived