IGNORED

Raheem Sterling

reddogkev

17 hours ago, cynic said:

There is always a major mistake in Joe Hart and I cringe every time he gets a pass back. He is a liability with the ball at his feet, too cocky (with no reason).

For me, he is the weakest part of the England team and, with Smalling and Cahill at centre back, that is saying a lot.

The lad is vastly over rated and shouldn't be anywhere near the England team imo. Having said that, this must be one of the worst eras for England goal keepers.

he is the second best keeper in england, 

Forster, Hart, Butland in that order, considering we have to take 3 keepers then hart would make the squad regardless,

20 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

he is the second best keeper in england, 

Forster, Hart, Butland in that order, considering we have to take 3 keepers then hart would make the squad regardless,

Forster had his fair share of mid-season wobbles. Butland's fracture against Germany didn't cover him in glory... but that aside he is Mr Consistent. I'd reverse that order personally

A lot of criticism of Hart on here.

Yes he is cocky but having watched him on a regular basis at champs league games this season all I can say is he is a class act.

He was at fault for the Wales goal and he has had some dodgy moments recently but form is temporary class is permanent. 

• Admin

Was amazed this evening listening to Sterling at the England press day that the gun tattoo that the press went nuts about last week he had done last AUGUST! 

Just goes to show how the press try to ruin our players.... 

15 hours ago, phantom said:

Was amazed this evening listening to Sterling at the England press day that the gun tattoo that the press went nuts about last week he had done last AUGUST! 

Makes you wonder whether or not it's done on purpose. Sell more papers if they lose, outrage, anger, England's shame, cycle repeats.

Certainly fishy. 

15 hours ago, phantom said:

15 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Makes you wonder whether or not it's done on purpose. Sell more papers if they lose, outrage, anger, England's shame, cycle repeats.

Certainly fishy. 

I'm beginning to believe the conspiracy theory. There always seem to be a story about a player, or manager, fights, arguments or something just before a major tournament ? I've heard it mentioned before but just ignored it , but this fits right into that idea. Could have ran the story almost a year ago, but waits until they can sensationalise it linking it with England/World Cup .

1 minute ago, bengalcub said:

Classic British press , trying to Destroy a player before a big tournament . 

Sterling is a class act let’s hope he has the last laugh and rises above it all. 

he turned up late for his first training session, southgate considered dropping him because of that, he is far from a class act,

but I agree with the press bit

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

he turned up late for his first training session, southgate considered dropping him because of that, he is far from a class act,

but I agree with the press bit

Wasn't that due to a problem with planes and transfers etc; an explanation accepted by Southgate and his teamates following a verbal apology?

6 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Wish he was used as a winger though in a 4-4-2 ... 

vardy and Kane have to start up top 

Ooh no, completely disagree. Think a 3 at the back formation will be much better for the squad in general. We have an abundance of talent in attacking midfielders and wingbacks, not wingers. Sterling, Alli and Lingard all work best as roaming but generally central players. Vardy will definitely have more impact off the bench imo. Kane up top, maybe with Sterling, with one of Alli or Lingard linking up behind them.

12 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Wish he was used as a winger though in a 4-4-2 ... 

vardy and Kane have to start up top 

Why? that's not how he plays for Man City and it's not his best position.

5 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Ooh no, completely disagree. Think a 3 at the back formation will be much better for the squad in general. We have an abundance of talent in attacking midfielders and wingbacks, not wingers. Sterling, Alli and Lingard all work best as roaming but generally central players. Vardy will definitely have more impact off the bench imo. Kane up top, maybe with Sterling, with one of Alli or Lingard linking up behind them.

This, IMO

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm beginning to believe the conspiracy theory. There always seem to be a story about a player, or manager, fights, arguments or something just before a major tournament ? I've heard it mentioned before but just ignored it , but this fits right into that idea. Could have ran the story almost a year ago, but waits until they can sensationalise it linking it with England/World Cup .

It's happened before every tournament as far back as I can remember

The agenda against Sterling appears to be particularly personal. I cant find it now but in the wake of the gun tattoo fall out there was a thread of all the stories that had made front page news about Sterling from him eating a greggs sausage roll and flying via EasyJet, to not cleaning his car. If that's not a witch hunt then its just plain odd.

I actually like the guy, he's fought back from a lot of criticism and had a blinder this season. His attitude certainly seems right. He still needs to improve his finishing, he's scored a lot of goals this season but he still misses many good chances - 2 spring to mind in the first half on Saturday

I like Sterling as a footballer and what I’ve read of him and heard from him as a person

Considering where he grew up he’s stayed away from trouble and appears reasonably down to earth considering his wealth

Takes a lot of bumps and rough treatment on the pitch ,often with little complaint but gets up and goes again

Doesnt pull out of squads with niggles

Think the gun tattoo wasn’t a great choice , but in the whole scheme of things .......

One of our most talented players and I wish the press would leave him the ***** alone

13 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They can`t help themselves. I`ve still not forgiven them for trying to stich up Sven before the 2006 World Cup just because the tabloid press had decided he needed to be sacked - bear in mind the players threatened to strike if he was.

Bastards the lot of them.

Same with venables.  

32 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They can`t help themselves. I`ve still not forgiven them for trying to stich up Sven before the 2006 World Cup just because the tabloid press had decided he needed to be sacked - bear in mind the players threatened to strike if he was.

Didn’t realise until watching a programme last night that Sven lost all his money in the Notts County saga (He was conned)

Hes bolstered his balance since with 3 or 4 years in China !!!

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

.....and the sustained campaign against our national treasure Sir Bobby Robson before Italia ‘90 claiming he’d had an affair with a ‘redhead’ - they just had to wait to undermine our squad just as they left for the tournament, with no real evidence either....

It amazes me how many opportunities The Sun have been given by football fans. Just today, I saw someone sat in Bedminster on a building site reading the back pages of The Sun, and all of this is despite:

• Hillsborough
  • Repeated attacks on the England camp during international tournaments
  • Hounding footballers based on the colour of their skin

IMO, enough is enough. More clubs outside of Liverpool should ban The Sun journalists from their premises, and fans should stop buying their shit-rags.

On 05/06/2018 at 19:24, phantom said:

The Media hounding against Sterling have been nothing short of disgraceful, articles of where he shops, Tattoo’s, how is missus is hard done by etc there’s plenty more, leave the bloke alone FFS he’s done F All wrong. It’s mainly The S*n, but clearly are trying to destroy the mans career (just before a major tournament as usual) then will complain what bottlers the players are when we exit at whatever stage, despite them digging up whatever they can on someone within the squad to try and destroy their confidence.

The UK Media is a joke all round.

5 hours ago, EnderMB said:

It amazes me how many opportunities The Sun have been given by football fans. Just today, I saw someone sat in Bedminster on a building site reading the back pages of The Sun, and all of this is despite:

• Hillsborough
  • Repeated attacks on the England camp during international tournaments
  • Hounding footballers based on the colour of their skin

IMO, enough is enough. More clubs outside of Liverpool should ban The Sun journalists from their premises, and fans should stop buying their shit-rags.

Not to forget how they treated one of England's most exciting to watch footballers, Gazza.

On 06/06/2018 at 13:14, MarcusX said:

It's happened before every tournament as far back as I can remember

The agenda against Sterling appears to be particularly personal. I cant find it now but in the wake of the gun tattoo fall out there was a thread of all the stories that had made front page news about Sterling from him eating a greggs sausage roll and flying via EasyJet, to not cleaning his car. If that's not a witch hunt then its just plain odd.

I actually like the guy, he's fought back from a lot of criticism and had a blinder this season. His attitude certainly seems right. He still needs to improve his finishing, he's scored a lot of goals this season but he still misses many good chances - 2 spring to mind in the first half on Saturday

Reminds me of there Constable Savage sketch from Not There Nine O'Clock News.

Archived