IGNORED

Raheem Sterling

reddogkev

25 minutes ago, Super said:

Why does he seem to get so much shit from fans? Those fans abusing him on Saturday were older fans!

Old school Chelsea....they've got previous for racist abuse. Paris Metro.

Have they not seen Kante, Roudiger, Willan etc?

Lifetime bans, name n shame them, put them in the same room as Drogba for 20mins....

31 minutes ago, Super said:

Why does he seem to get so much shit from fans? Those fans abusing him on Saturday were older fans!

Racism more likely to come from older fans I reckon.  Old fashioned entrenched views.  

So many schools are multi-cultural now which is a massive help for anti-racism.

Sadly when I heard racist shouts at Ashton Gate and reported it, nothing happened.  All the other fans around me would have heard it and decided not to get involved.  Makes me wonder how many times it is heard on Saturday afternoons.  Probably more than we think.

38 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Old school Chelsea....they've got previous for racist abuse. Paris Metro.

Have they not seen Kante, Roudiger, Willan etc?

Lifetime bans, name n shame them, put them in the same room as Drogba for 20mins....

Plus community service working with the communities that they have been so despicable about or working with organisations like Kick it Out around how their actions affect individuals, families and communities. Hopefully this will open their eyes and may even lead to reform of their ‘views’.  

16 minutes ago, lenred said:

Plus community service working with the communities that they have been so despicable about or working with organisations like Kick it Out around how their actions affect individuals, families and communities. Hopefully this will open their eyes and may even lead to reform of their ‘views’.  

You can but hope Leon, but from our own experience at the Gate, discrimination does unfortunately sometimes pass down through the generations!

I think he is right about the newspaper articles that he has highlighted too. 

The language is sensational in one case and restrained in the other. One comes across as "how sweet and thoughtful", the other as "how extravagant and arrogant". I haven't read either article, but the headlines are all many people read and set the tone.

"The story about Foden, who is white, has the headline: “Manchester City starlet Phil Foden buys new £2m home for his mum.” The story about Adarabioyo, who is black, has the headline: “Young Manchester City footballer, 20, on £25,000 a week splashes out on mansion on market for £2.25million despite having never started a Premier League match”.

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think he is right about the newspaper articles that he has highlighted too. 

The language is sensational in one case and restrained in the other. One comes across as "how sweet and thoughtful", the other as "how extravagant and arrogant". I haven't read either article, but the headlines are all many people read and set the tone.

"The story about Foden, who is white, has the headline: “Manchester City starlet Phil Foden buys new £2m home for his mum.” The story about Adarabioyo, who is black, has the headline: “Young Manchester City footballer, 20, on £25,000 a week splashes out on mansion on market for £2.25million despite having never started a Premier League match”.

Context.

Two players with differing number of appearances.

Two different articles written by two different journalists.

The supposedly sensational article is written by a man who is not white. 

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Context.

Two players with differing number of appearances.

Two different articles written by two different journalists.

The supposedly sensational article is written by a man who is not white. 

I did consider that first point, but I don't feel that Foden has consolidated his place to the point that he could be considered anything other than a youngster. As for the other two points, I don't think the journalists formulate the headlines, that would be an editorial decision.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I did consider that first point, but I don't feel that Foden has consolidated his place to the point that he could be considered anything other than a youngster. As for the other two points, I don't think the journalists formulate the headlines, that would be an editorial decision.

The supposedly discriminatory article was about a player with zero appearances being able to buy his Mother a two million pound house. The journalist (non white) says that was the context. Lots and lots of money but nil appearances. 

1 hour ago, lenred said:

The PFA only donate £125k to Kick It Out annually, yet spent £70k on a box at Man City, £2m on a Lowry painting and Gordon Taylor was paid £2.29m last year.

If the union that is supposed to be looking after the players isn't really backing the anti-racism organisations it shows the game still has big problems on the inside as well as the fans.

1 minute ago, Cowshed said:

The supposedly discriminatory article was about a player with zero appearances being able to buy his Mother a two million pound house. The journalist (non white) says that was the context. Lots and lots of money but nil appearances. 

But attributing some sort of blame to the player for that, surely the blame lies with the club for paying a player those kind of figures? 

Apparently, a few lip readers have said the guy actually said "**** off you manc c***" 

Not that its much better.  

Apparently, a few lip readers have said the guy actually said "**** off you manc c***" 

16 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Apparently, I've got a stutter. 

If you saw the original video it’s pretty obvious what was said and it wasn’t ‘Manc’ that’s for sure.  

4 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Fair enough, but if they have they can afford to invest £2m in a painting you'd think they could spare more than 125k to Kick It Out.

I’d more argue over their Man City box to be fair. The painting will be a long term investment.

All very well the likes of Henry Winter finally supporting Raheems voice but he still works for Murdoch and their sister paper the Sun continues to stir up the issue. Perhaps he should show his real belief and quit just like Colin’s murray did when Murdoch got hands on talksport.

Its not the sole problem this country is divided and returning to levels of racism not seen since the 1970s but the press and media have to take a proportion of the blame 

2 hours ago, Undy English said:

The bloke's picture is plastered all over the media. Club and Police will have undoubtedly identified him by now. They need to make an example of this guy.

Name and shame publicly. Ban for life. Reputational damage he'll never recover from and never be able to attend live football again. 

No doubt these blokes have kids. What kind of example is that setting? Disgusting.

Archived