IGNORED

Ashton Gate Break-in

JasonM88

Pretty cool.

No damage or theft; just wanted a look around.  Didn't break in, just climbed in.

I climbed the fence to have a look around the Cartographic (I think) offices in London one night after walking past them every day for a year and wondering what was inside.  No harm done.

Live a little, people!

Back in 2001, being saddo's that we are, me and a mate decided to go round a tour of the London grounds. Without even trying, we ended up inside Stamford Bridge. Was just walking round the outside of it, and not sure if still is, but a concourse was a public footpath, or similar. Every door was open to pitch side,so just wandered in, no questions asked 

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So they're covering their faces in the video, but then post it on a Twitter account with both a full name and photo. They wouldn't be that stupid...would they?

If they got in the grounds without means of breaking and entering ie they climbed over a gate then there is nothing illegal about it. It's civil trespass issue between the landowner and the above. The police could try and throw the horrendously old vagrancy act at them but it wouldn't stick in court 

However the way they've gone about it isn't very clever. Media whores for likes and ego boosting

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

I can't get the video to play anymore or is it just me?

No they've pulled it. Probably realised not the best idea.. especially with a title of breaking in. 

14 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

If they got in the grounds without means of breaking and entering ie they climbed over a gate then there is nothing illegal about it. It's civil trespass issue between the landowner and the above. The police could try and throw the horrendously old vagrancy act at them but it wouldn't stick in court 

However the way they've gone about it isn't very clever. Media whores for likes and ego boosting

Until I read that I forgot you do/used to do Urban exploring - you had some awesome pictures a while back (including the storm drain ? my memory is a little fuzzy).

37 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Fair enough, but still stupid to cover your faces and then post it on your Twitter!

4 hours ago, Fiale said:

Until I read that I forgot you do/used to do Urban exploring - you had some awesome pictures a while back (including the storm drain ? my memory is a little fuzzy).

Yes I do, not as much past few years mainly because the stuff I like - typically dereliction - is less. But Urbam Exploration technically covers stuff like this under live infiltration banner. Not the sort of thing I really like myself and the advent of social media and higher profile of it all has lead to many people doing it for the attention rather than the enjoyment or interest in it. It's a shame because they is many good people who will record the history of certain history such as Coal Mining, Asylums or Mills. I've worked with 3 others on lunatic asylum history leading to 4 years of work to create county asylums which is well received by historic building societies and also mental health charities.

My personal stuff is on the link in my sig.. As say not hat active these days!

Wow - first of all I thought there was no way someone could be so stupid to post a video bragging about 'breaking in' to private property with their photo and full name.  I stand corrected.

I am on a daily basis astounded at the lengths of stupidity that exists in society.

Archived