IGNORED

Gary Rowett

And Its Smith

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Swansea are appointing Paul Clement.  Rowett is still available.  Perhaps he can pick a settled team and show signs of progression.

Maybe Rowett can buy players that improve the 11.  

Imagine watching a team every week working to a plan and getting better!  What a year next year could be. 

You mad, delusional dreamer. LJ is here forevs, apparently.

5 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Is Gary Rowett the new Nigel Pearson? The man guaranteed to deliver 100% perfection with guaranteed promotion?

Maybe I'm on my own but I just don't get the current obsession with Rowett, don't see what's in his record that justifies the reputation. Looks more like the new Michael Appleton to me...

5 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Maybe I'm on my own but I just don't get the current obsession with Rowett, don't see what's in his record that justifies the reputation. Looks more like the new Michael Appleton to me...

Well he carried burton out of league 2 into league 1 did he not? He then took over at brum and has done very well with their budget.

Just read that it wasn't him who got them promoted!

4 minutes ago, Calculus said:

I'm a bit confused too. He's done a decent job but somehow he seems to have become some sort of messiah. 

5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Well he carried burton out of league 2 into league 1 did he not? He then took over at brum and has done very well with their budget

No he didn't. He got them to the play-off semi-finals and then the play-off final the following season. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was manager for their promotion into L1.

14 minutes ago, Calculus said:

I agree with this. I'd never even heard of him so just looked up his record. He's hardly achieved anything

32 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Watched Birmingham a few times on the telly and they were poor.

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Yeah I'd hate to be 7th

Didn't say he was a bad manager but watched them a few times on the telly and was hardly inspiring to watch. Didn't really make me eager for us to ever be interested in him. Undoubtedly did a good job there though.

1 hour ago, Calculus said:

No your not on your own, I don't get it either done no more than lj at this level...Johnson is here to stay hey over it 

Whoever is out there that is good enough to give us Premier League football, there is one not so little problem - SL. Unless he has a massive change of mindset we will never get anyone who would be allowed to make the necessary major changes to our set-up and it's not fundamentally about money.

25 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Whoever is out there that is good enough to give us Premier League football, there is one not so little problem - SL. Unless he has a massive change of mindset we will never get anyone who would be allowed to make the necessary major changes to our set-up and it's not fundamentally about money.

Maybe we can ask Coventry for a swap and get Sisu to come in for SL.  Get real ffs

Archived