IGNORED

John Sheridan

!james

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Vile human being. 

Really !! Look we all lose the plot at times and a managers jobs on the line especially in the lower leagues. Whatever you may think , at that level they don't earn thousands a week and their livelihood and reputation is at stake . Easy to call him vile up there in your ivory tower. 

The swearing and abuse is over the top but to be fair to managers, when refereeing decisions can cost you your job, you are likely to get pretty worked up. 

Remember how Graham Taylor in that documentary says to the linesman in the World Cup qualifier against the Dutch how the referee had cost him his job as England manager. And he was right he had, through some shockingly bad decisions. Didn't stop the tabloids, and The Sun particularly, vilifying Taylor with more turnip references.

RIP Graham Taylor. A football man through and through.

7 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I am sure a career in the diplomatic corps awaits, should Notts dispense with his services.

Actually, he should send his CV to the new POTUS.

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I fear Notts County fans may be in for another long hard season with that whimsical half wit at the helm. 

Kevin Nolan was appointed Notts County manager a few days ago....Sheridan is back at Oldham, again!

To me, it just highlights how the British football industry is stuck in a time warp in terms of the language used within it.

Most other industries moved away from that sort of abusive language many years ago with zero tolerance of bad language, sexist, racist remarks. Try using it in your job either as a manager or employee and it would be instant dismissal for gross misconduct.

Football stuck in a time warp with it's terminology. eg "Gaffer" for a manager straight out of Victorian English.

52 minutes ago, Neo said:

Can't believe people defend this as heat of the moment.

FFS - he threatened an official at the end and deserves sacking just for that - **** !!

Quite right.

But if that standard was equally applied then Alex Ferguson should have been sacked about 300 times..

9 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Really !! Look we all lose the plot at times and a managers jobs on the line especially in the lower leagues. Whatever you may think , at that level they don't earn thousands a week and their livelihood and reputation is at stake . Easy to call him vile up there in your ivory tower. 

Ivory tower? If you worked for me and did that on your watch you'd be summarily dismissed. 

As would most of us. 

Clearly he's unable to put professionalism ahead of abusing others trying to do their own job. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

So a manager swears at an official - what's new? 

Indeed.

Swearing in the heat of the moment is using inappropriate language in an instant.

What is documented here is a tirade where someone has completely lost control of their faculties over a period of time. Lacking judgement and self control is not the attribute of a leader in control. 

27 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Ivory tower? If you worked for me and did that on your watch you'd be summarily dismissed. 

As would most of us. 

Clearly he's unable to put professionalism ahead of abusing others trying to do their own job. 

You've never been put under the same pressure have you too comment . You can't relate a regular job to football management it's a ridiculous comparison. 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You've never been put under the same pressure have you too comment . You can't relate a regular job to football management it's a ridiculous comparison. 

Plenty other jobs have equal or more stress attached than those in football, often with significantly less remuneration attached - this lad gets sacked, he's going to walk with a decent wedge; most aren't so lucky.

Seen and been in scenarios nothing to do wit football where people have shouldered far more pressure than winning a football game, and they've not snapped like the bloke here.

It might not just be only a game, but Sheridan is clearly a bit of scumbag based in the above, regardless of pressure.

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

What is documented here is a tirade where someone has completely lost control of their faculties over a period of time. Lacking judgement and self control is not the attribute of a leader in control. 

I appreciate your point but it could be argued that his players seeing his red mist decent shamed them into upping their game.....

If a player loses it on the pitch then either he gets a red card or his teammates usher him away from the incident. A manager might get sent off but there's no-one nearby to remove from the flashpoint to avoid being sent to the stands.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Utter rubbish. I've had full responsibility for a blue chip telecoms company's call centre software when the whole thing has gone tits up and the CEO has been breathing down my neck and the media are already on to it. 

I'd wager that's more pressure. 

38 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Utter rubbish. I've had full responsibility for a blue chip telecoms company's call centre software when the whole thing has gone tits up and the CEO has been breathing down my neck and the media are already on to it. 

I'd wager that's more pressure. 

So you're to blame when I tried to ring BCFC the other week and couldnt get through......................now we know CR ;)

Swindon's lovely chairman had a bit of an episode too...

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/discipline-cases/2015-part-2/the-fa-v-lee-power---8-september-2015.ashx

"In an Extraordinary Incident Report Form relating to the Swindon Town FC v Port Vale FC, Football League 1 fixture which took place on 18 August 2015, the Referee, Mr Brendan Malone, stated “I had awarded Port Vale a 93rd minute penalty for handball, of course the home side were aggrieved by the decision which made the game end 2-2 on the night, what happened after gave me the greater concern, I was met at the top of the extendable tunnel by a gentleman shouting “you’re a f****** disgrace” several times, I asked this gentleman who he was, he told me he was the Swindon Town chairman and the abuse continued from this point right to my dressing room door with the level of abuse getting worse as we made our way down to the said door, I [was] subjected to comments of “you fat c***” and “you ******* little s***”, “you cost people their lively hoods.” This gentleman had to be restrained by stewards who did a great job in protecting my team and myself during the whole unpleasant incident, I later found out his name to be Mr Lee Power. I feel that this isn’t the way for a chairman of a club to behave

Archived