IGNORED

The Official Nottingham Forest v Bristol City Match Day Thread

This thread is an embarrassment and just highlights the intelligence levels of some on here. Wait til 90 minutes are up and then have your moan.

Forest are setup in a completely different way to any shape they have played this season and with a new starting XI under new management. That has thwarted us so far this half.

Let Johnson do his thing at HT and then come full time if we are still that crap, by all means moan. Being at the game, rather than at home being a keyboard warrior looking at stats- gives you a far more accurate picture of what is going on...

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

this is a personal request and please don't take it in the wrong way as obviously I don't know anything about you. It would just stop my blood pressure rising to unsafe levels if you could avoid using the word "pants" in the context of something being bad. It annoys me so much I felt compelled to write this, says a lot more about me than you I know.

Knickers!

1 minute ago, stokes7 said:

People moaning about city first half but come on when this season have we been good it the first half, once or twice at the most

Well, that's indefensibly s**t then and absolutely worth moaning about. 

Any manager worth his salt will send the players out fired up, and carrying out his instructions from the off.

Writing off the first halves of games because we're almost always listless and pedestrian just isn't good enough.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

This thread is an embarrassment and just highlights the intelligence levels of some on here. Wait til 90 minutes are up and then have your moan.

Forest are setup in a completely different way to any shape they have played this season and with a new starting XI under new management. That has thwarted us so far this half.

Let Johnson do his thing at HT and then come full time if we are still that crap, by all means moan. Being at the game, rather than at home being a keyboard warrior looking at stats- gives you a far more accurate picture of what is going on...

fair play...

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Ah, it's the managers fault again then.  Brilliant.  So the fact everyone thought it was a good team selection doesn't count then: he's 'set them up for a 0-9 draw'!  How does that work then?  Do the players not have brains in their heads?  Is their every move controlled by the manager on the touchline?  Get a grip.  Time the players took responsibility.

How do you set up a team for a 0-0 draw? You play compact and keep men behind the ball, stick to your shape and don't commit too many players forward when you do have the ball. Doesn't always work but that's how you do it. That style of play WOULD be dictated to the players by the Manager. In effect he is controlling their movement if he asks them to play that way as there are certain areas of the field he does not want certain players to move into!! So I suppose you could argue the players may be carrying out the instructions of the Manager.

One shot in 45 minutes of football would suggest that is the way we have at least started today particularly when listening to the words of the Manager before the game where "not getting beat" seemed to be the priority.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Well, that's indefensibly s**t then and absolutely worth moaning about. 

Any manager worth his salt will send the players out fired up, and carrying out his instructions from the off.

Writing off the first halves of games because we're almost always listless and pedestrian just isn't good enough.

Wasn't writing off first halves, just stating a fact that for some reason the team never get going in the first halves of games