IGNORED

Lee Johnson - You are a very lucky man

Londoner

Why? Because the game that your bristol city job hangs on is against one of the worst sides in chamoionship history, Rotherham.

We all know losing to wednesday will not see you sacked, it should, but it wont, but surely even a side ineptly set up on a weekly basis wont drop points against the dross of the division. You are very fortunate.

You spout about your footballing philosophy, fast moving attacking football...yet play a lump up top by himself promoting hoofball.

You highlight about crisp passing, yet bobby reid and lee tomlin have been relegated to obscurity in our league campaign.

You highlight the importance of players playing in their best positions yet change their roles on a week by week basis.

Do the right thing and resign, best rotherham we have "turned the tide", "fans stuck with us on our awful run"....yes lee i can see it now, one problem, we have villa leeds newcastle derby all coming up.

As for the fans who went today and chanted his name.....you are beyond dilusional.

Do the right thing and resign, you have turned us into the laughing stock of the championship.

1 minute ago, cider head said:

Regardless of beating Rotherham we gave shockingly hard games right after so it's going to be tough.

Exactly this, SL and others seem to be putting a lot on this game its just one game and it cannot hide whats gone before or whats left to come.

I think its already too late and we will be very LUCKY to survive now. :no:

7 minutes ago, cider head said:

Regardless of beating Rotherham we have shockingly hard games right after so it's going to be tough.

So what you are alluding to is that win one of the next two and we go into the next 4 with the same manager and probably get beaten in all of them.

Or.. Lose the next two, get a new face, lets say Pembo, and City go on an unbeaten run for 5 games?

A highly possible dual course.. oh if only we had dungeons and dragons options.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It has got the the stage with me where even if we beat both Wednesday and Rotherham I still wouldn't say with any conviction that he was the right man for the job.

On that basis I wish we'd made the change last week and given a new manager (or at least a prospective one) the chance to assess today.

Exactly this.

36 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Why? Because the game that your bristol city job hangs on is against one of the worst sides in chamoionship history, Rotherham.

We all know losing to wednesday will not see you sacked, it should, but it wont, but surely even a side ineptly set up on a weekly basis wont drop points against the dross of the division. You are very fortunate.

You spout about your footballing philosophy, fast moving attacking football...yet play a lump up top by himself promoting hoofball.

You highlight about crisp passing, yet bobby reid and lee tomlin have been relegated to obscurity in our league campaign.

You highlight the importance of players playing in their best positions yet change their roles on a week by week basis.

Do the right thing and resign, best rotherham we have "turned the tide", "fans stuck with us on our awful run"....yes lee i can see it now, one problem, we have villa leeds newcastle derby all coming up.

As for the fans who went today and chanted his name.....you are beyond dilusional.

Do the right thing and resign, you have turned us into the laughing stock of the championship.

Who said his job depended on the next two results? I've not seen it mentioned anywhere, certainly not by the people making decisions. 

Where he's been lucky is that despite losing match after match we've rarely been out of the game until the closing moments. Even at my intolerant worst I'll keep supporting the team until I think they have thrown in the towel...he's been very lucky that in recent home matches the towel has been thrown in with just moments to go...leaving the crowd stunned. If we were being tanked with 30 minutes to go it might be different story...but just as on OTIB there are enough people clutching at straws to let him run swiftly down the tunnel.

That and Bristol folk are far too apathetic and happy to accept mediocrity...

42 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

So what you are alluding to is that win one of the next two and we go into the next 4 with the same manager and probably get beaten in all of them.

Or.. Lose the next two, get a new face, lets say Pembo, and City go on an unbeaten run for 5 games?

A highly possible dual course.. oh if only we had dungeons and dragons options.

Roll or the dice yes but going by our recent past form the bookies would have us down for a far more losses than wins to come. (Same manager and thought processes).

Hope we turn it around but would you put your life savings on it?

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

we could beat rotheram 5. 0 and we will still go down with lj in charge the mans a chancer   and he,s getting found out.

53 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It has got the the stage with me where even if we beat both Wednesday and Rotherham I still wouldn't say with any conviction that he was the right man for the job.

On that basis I wish we'd made the change last week and given a new manager (or at least a prospective one) the chance to assess today.

How do we know there wasn`t someone there today?

2 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I think his luck could run out Tuesday. There will be a nasty atmosphere if Wednesday start walking away with the game, and fans will react in a way last seen when Pulis was manager.

Or Johnson, or Cotterill, or almost every other manager who has not given fans what they want.....

We will eventually always just repeat the same cycle. Manager appointed, do ok for a while, have a shit run and boo increasingly loudly until he's sacked and the whole cycle of shit starts again.  

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Or Johnson, or Cotterill, or almost every other manager who has not given fans what they want.....

We will eventually always just repeat the same cycle. Manager appointed, do ok for a while, have a shit run and boo increasingly loudly until he's sacked and the whole cycle of shit starts again.  

I can't remember fans chanting for any manager to go since Pulis?

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Although in fairness to the Ashton Gate crowd we are on the worst run in our history and there's hardly been a squeak...he's got to go.

Archived