IGNORED

Lee Johnson - You are a very lucky man

Londoner

18 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I have posted before that I don't think it matters much to BS whether we are in The Championship or Division 1/2.  Indeed there would be considerable savings re transfer fees and wages.

Don't believe Board or owner really mind.  Suppose on balance they would prefer Championship but really aren't that bothered

I hate to have to agree with you, but you do start to wonder if SL and the board have any real ambition for the club. Past evidence, particularly with decisions relating to management selections, is not particularly reassuring. You wonder if SL & the board are still haunted by the Coppell fiasco...

2 hours ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

He tweeted as cristo(?) saying about happy clappers, 20man laughed and said basically hiding behind a tweet, mocked him and then challenged him to come live on air to which our academic friend tweeted a minute before the end (convenient) how do I ring up... something along those lines anyway.

@AppyDAZE

Bristol City thump Sheffield Wednesday 4-1 April 6th 2016

Team: O'Donnell; Matthews, Flint, Baker, Bryan; Smith, Pack; Tomlin, Reid, Freeman; Kodjia

Only 2 months after Johnson became manager. Arguably still playing the playing the Cotterill/Pemberton way.  Almost the same team available to him now.  The team that has since been 'improved and strengthened'. Surely proof (if any there were any single doubts left) that the manager has ruined any progress and made a right tits up of the whole thing.

Piss up in a brewery springs to mind.  Now with the 'improved' squad no-one I know thinks we have a cats chance in the same fixture of less than 12 months ago.

On 29/01/2017 at 02:20, cider head said:

Roll or the dice yes but going by our recent past form the bookies would have us down for a far more losses than wins to come. (Same manager and thought processes).

Hope we turn it around but would you put your life savings on it?

Err, no. I would not even put my piggy bank on it.

On 29/01/2017 at 04:19, B block said:

Lucky is not the word, taking all the emotion out of the situation Johnson is the custodian of the worst run in the Clubs history and in a must win game at Cardiff plays a quarter of the team out of their natural position.

He has a champions league centre midfielder who he plays right back, a winger behind the front two rather than out wide and benches our best holding midfield player.

The only people I know who want him to stay all support various other teams, all of which don't like us.

Can anyone out their name any club in Europe yet alone England who who would still be sticking with their manager in such circumstances ?

I simply cannot see any way he will turn this around, if he plays anyone any further out of position Abraham's going to be in Goal

One post, 6 likes. Who might this new member be?

On 29/01/2017 at 04:39, Harry said:

I'm also not sure where a win vs Rotherham will get us?  All it would mean is that we are better than the worst team in this league.

Seems as though everyone is writing off our chances against Sheff Weds, and assuming we'll beat Rotherham.  Is 3 points such a big saviour out of these 2 home games, when we have Derby, Leeds, Newcastle & Villa away in 4 of the next 5.

This is all utter bollox now.  For me, if we lose or draw vs Sheff Weds, he HAS to go.  ONLY a win is good enough 

I have suggested a 2 goal loss to Burnley, tick, a 1-1 draw with Wed and a hammering at the hands of Rotherham. 

On 29/01/2017 at 05:16, Der no.2 said:

"I was living in a world of make believe 
When my best friend wrote and told me 
That there may be a job in the city"

Is this John Pemberton? !

8 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Err, no. I would not even put my piggy bank on it.

One post, 6 likes. Who might this new member be?

I have suggested a 2 goal loss to Burnley, tick, a 1-1 draw with Wed and a hammering at the hands of Rotherham. 

Is this John Pemberton? !

Good god I hope not, that would mean I probably won't see us win until Burton in March and that is already looking a 6 pointer now - by March it could be looking like a match to just claw back some points on whoever is 21st

Archived