IGNORED

Magnússon

Davefevs

33 minutes ago, mattjtsmith said:

Fear not, everyone is outraged at the moment, but I'm sure next week he'll play and misplace one header then everyone will criticise LJ for dropping the other CB, seems to be how this forum works... We have a good, deep squad now, these things will happen!

I think most would agree he's our best defender. 

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Has to come in for flint imo, flint is average at this level I'm afraid and hordur is a massive step up on him

Flint is below average at this level. I know he's a bit of a icon at City but judging on the facts he's actually not very good. 

Dont think LJ will drop Flint unfortunately.

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I can see LJ suddenly thinking that the last half hour means we can go to a back three, and he'll play Wright, Flint and Magnússon.

I'd like to see Hordur at some point play LB.

A back three of Wright, Flint & Magnusson does not exactly require a knowledge of rocket science to work out, let alone football.

But here we are again in the position of LJ not seeming to know how best to set up the team or which players to use for particular games. Today was crying out for more attacking intention but the first half was possibly the worst first half performance all season at home, and that is going some tbh. 2 upfront from the start would have made life a lot more difficult for Rotherham.

So is now the right time to go to a back 3, with 4 difficult away games coming up? Probably not considering most sides will look at us and see the potential for an easy 3 points. And the most obvious place to target is our right back as Wednesday tried to show, although ironically both their goals actually came from progress made down their right (our left). So unless we can conjure up a couple of wing backs out of nowhere, I would suggest it's going to remain 4 at the back, and Magnusson's only chance will either be at left back or if there is an injury to Wright or Flint.

3 minutes ago, MattRSp95 said:

Mentioned this with the mid week game and I can't work out why he can't get on the bench as at least CB cover. 

Hegeler can drop in to CB so I think LJ's playing it safe with the bench, giving himself as many options as possible, as any tinkerman would like.

7 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

A back three of Wright, Flint & Magnusson does not exactly require a knowledge of rocket science to work out, let alone football.

But here we are again in the position of LJ not seeming to know how best to set up the team or which players to use for particular games. Today was crying out for more attacking intention but the first half was possibly the worst first half performance all season at home, and that is going some tbh. 2 upfront from the start would have made life a lot more difficult for Rotherham.

So is now the right time to go to a back 3, with 4 difficult away games coming up? Probably not considering most sides will look at us and see the potential for an easy 3 points. And the most obvious place to target is our right back as Wednesday tried to show, although ironically both their goals actually came from progress made down their right (our left). So unless we can conjure up a couple of wing backs out of nowhere, I would suggest it's going to remain 4 at the back, and Magnusson's only chance will either be at left back or if there is an injury to Wright or Flint.

Yes, I think that is my point, that a successful 30 minute spell will have LJ tinkering again.

Just now, RedDave said:

He is very overrated on here.  Good prospect but Flint and Wright both much better,

Personally I don't agree, Flint always looks as though he has a mistake in him and he looked dodgy at times yesterday whereas Magnusson looks a lot more calm and collected on the ball

The only way Mags can play is if he plays left side of a back 3 imo. Anyone else like to see this team at home, very attacking. Away from home obviously one up top is better, especially with the away games we have coming up..:facepalm:

Giefer
        Wright Flint Magnusson
  Cotterill Hegeler Brownhill Bryan
                    Tomlin
          Djuric/Tammy, Taylor

Archived