IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, BrightCiderLife said:

So after all this it seems their long list of no-fixed-abodes has grown: Twerton, Eastville, the aborted move to Cheltenham, and now we can add the NotYetihad and the No Camp. 

Never has a team played at so many 'home' grounds without building anything (canopies and carpets aside).

Always Look On The Bright Cider Life

:laughcont:

:clap:

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And 2nd prize today to this ******* idiot.

He actually believes Hamer's version of events the deluded fool.

mariobalotelli
Fans' Favourite

mariobalotelli Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 412 posts
6 minutes ago 
Post Options

Post by mariobalotelli on 6 minutes

We're not going to go back grovelling to them.

We walked because UWE weren't willing to accommodate the terms we wanted. We gave UWE a deadline, then ignored it and we walked to say show that the terms were serious and we were to be taken seriously.

If this is to get on back then it's UWE who have to rethink their approach.

Why would he put his passport photo on there ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

So will Rovers be sued by UWE?

Depends on the terms of the original agreement between UWE and the sags as negotiated.by Higgs.  There's no doubt the sags under Wally have acted in bad faith, but whether the University can prove breach of any contractual terms by the blue few F... knows.

25 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Who cares........

The only news I want is that they are bust, gone, cease to exist, lovely retribution for the horrible bile and pure glee many of them expressed in 82.

I don't... I'm just thinking 'irony' after their recent willingness to engage the courts when they've been unhappy :yes:

3 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And 2nd prize today to this ******* idiot.

He actually believes Hamer's version of events the deluded fool.

mariobalotelli
Fans' Favourite

mariobalotelli Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 412 posts
6 minutes ago 
Post Options

We walked because UWE weren't willing to accommodate the terms we wanted. We gave UWE a deadline, then ignored it and we walked to say show that the terms were serious and we were to be taken seriously.

Why should UWE have to rethink their approach? It's their land so it either gets built on their terms or not at all. Why do they think they have a divine right to get things for free?

These sags are always after something for nothing.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, miagsygas said:

No, the manager that actually has some success on his resume. DC has said multiple times afterwards his expected to lose Taylor when he said it and attempted to create a bidding war, which ultimately failed because only one team bid for him. It's not really rocket science, unfortunately agents find it very easy to share contractual details. 

Mark Ashton tapped up Taylor when he didnt re-sign immediately last summer.  He technically was a free agent and open to offers. .  Mark Ashton asked what wages he was on and what his release clause was.  Taylor resigned after he rejected offers from championship clubs.  Ever ask yourself why...probably not.

You are deluded if you think anything else.

Then comes the next available transfer window, we buy him.  Guess how much he cost.....yes well done.  The amount his release clause was.

Rocket science is not.   Please dont kid yourself that the dog worrier is capable of creating a bidding war.

You dont have to like it.  But there it is.

Stevo

14 minutes ago, harrys said:

The usual cloak and dagger stuff from the Rovers board, Wael out of the country, putting the news out at 11 O'Clock at night, not giving a definitive answer as to why it all fell through, they are so tin-pot it's untrue.

They only put that statement out as the collapse (on Rovers side) of the deal was leaked. If it were not for that I'm sure they would have continue to keep schtum. 

45 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

They only put that statement out as the collapse (on Rovers side) of the deal was leaked. If it were not for that I'm sure they would have continue to keep schtum. 

If this were us I think we, in the main, would be hounding Wael for truthful answers - I suggest they are probably that the deal 'fell through' because he does not personally have a pot to piss in let alone enough money to buy R*vers a new ground, that he was naively swindled by Nick Higgs after the Sainsbury's withdrawal and that he wrongly believed this football malarkey would be a walk in the park.

I think we would be demanding justice and truth no matter how uncomfortable for us it may be.

Justice and truth are not R*vers virtues, though.  Spin and lies are their currency. 

They have made their own bed.

Edited by WTFiGO!?!

6 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

So will Rovers be sued by UWE?

Can't see why they would do so, it's not like the Sainsbury deal where there was a contract in place; albeit with clauses that Higgs didn't understand.

The UWE deal was pulled before heads of terms were agreed so the contract won't have been drawn up yet.

What should be more concerning is the financial position of the gas.

The Memorial Stadium is valued at £11m and a charge of £10m has been placed against this creating a line of credit.

The costs of the UWE stadium project and a £1.5m annual operating loss meant that by 30 June 2016 £7.2m of this credit had been drawn and spent.

So now that would be £8.7m meaning that the remaining line of credit is £1.3m; being insufficient to cover the operating loss for the current season.

So they need more money. Third party companies, even Higgs' Wonga loanees, require security.  Now this could be achieved by giving them a charge upon The Stadium but it would have to rank above the existing charge; meaning that a chunk of that £10m would become unsecured and effectively lost to the owner.

I will rely upon gasheads' opinion that Wael is a good sort so he's unlikely to liquidate them but the impression also being given is that there is no more money to come and, unlike Steve Lansdown, he doesn't have the money to give up that debt.

So this is looking very like the gas will be out of money by the end of the season so will be going up for sale with any new owner having to take on a debt of £10m secured against the ground.

The gas may have checked out of the Conference but they can never leave.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

Exactly - loads of questions needs to be answered and still loads of them cannot even see an issue. My mate still says all of the finance is still there and cannot even see an issue at all.

1 minute ago, wood_red said:

Exactly - loads of questions needs to be answered and still loads of them cannot even see an issue. My mate still says all of the finance is still there and cannot even see an issue at all.

oh it's the best thing to happen to them and weal has got a piece of land nearby where they are building a 30k seater that will make trashton look like afganistan,

I heard that peach in the pub last night

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, wood_red said:

An obvious assumption to make I know, but either Wael is pulling off a huge bluff with UWE (who sound a bit rattled by it) to lower the price (it may work)m or Rovers are deep, deep in the doo doo.  I don't think there is any middle ground i.e., they have the cash and can look elsewhere.  They can't afford to spend years searching for new land or seeking planning permission.  The UWE is shit or bust from them. 

5 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

An obvious assumption to make I know, but either Wael is pulling off a huge bluff with UWE (who sound a bit rattled by it) to lower the price (it may work)m or Rovers are deep, deep in the doo doo.  I don't think there is any middle ground i.e., they have the cash and can look elsewhere.  They can't afford to spend years searching for new land or seeking planning permission.  The UWE is shit or bust from them. 

rovers have the cash, haven't you seen the carpets and sprinkers or their signings, 

Lets just say they find a piece of land in the next few months, they then have to acquire it, draw up plans, submit them, get past all the objections etc etc and then find the contractors to start the build. How long will all that take? 4 years at a guess?

Yet they are losing money weekly and have an owner who hasn't actually ploughed his own money into them, yet they think he will happily keep taking a loss week in week out (at least on the balance sheet) until they are sustainable and have a new ground?

The owners and his family seem to be backers of "sure things", this whole episode must be looking like a complete farce to them. They wanted a shiny new stadium and a guaranteed income/return - when is that likely to happen? I, personally will be amazed if they are still there in a few years time. 

11 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

mariobalotelli
Fans' Favourite

mariobalotelli Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 412 posts
6 minutes ago 
Post Options

Gas grammar. Not only do they not have sensible logic, they communicate in a sub-standard format.

They also have the strange ability to reverse think facts and outcomes. Amazing.

Wow, check out their forum it's comedy gold

mobile-poll What do you suppose is happening?

Al Qadi's are bailing on the club votes
Al Qadi's have the money, but are sick of negotiating UWE and want to explore cheaper, bette options 37 votes
Al Qadi's have the money, but are sick of negotiating UWE and want something extravagant vote
It's all a negotiating ploy to bring the cost down 12 votes
We're not getting a new stadium at all, get used to the leaky toilets in the East stand 21 votes

You may not vote in this poll. There have been 77 votes by 77 voters.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, B block said:

Wow, check out their forum it's comedy gold

mobile-poll What do you suppose is happening?

Al Qadi's are bailing on the club votes
Al Qadi's have the money, but are sick of negotiating UWE and want to explore cheaper, bette options 37 votes
Al Qadi's have the money, but are sick of negotiating UWE and want something extravagant vote
It's all a negotiating ploy to bring the cost down 12 votes
We're not getting a new stadium at all, get used to the leaky toilets in the East stand 21 votes

You may not vote in this poll. There have been 77 votes by 77 voters.

The last one. Tinpot......Accept it. Forever in the shadow, forever and ever amen.

Just now, Cheesleysmate said:

The last one. Tinpot......Accept it. Forever in the shadow, forever and ever amen.

and that's their problem, they just accept it, and blame everyone else for their misfortunes,

Getting relegated from the football elague = Wycombe Fault

Trouble at games = must be Teds

Stadium falls through again = gas sick of UWE dispite having no plan b (we didn't get what we wanted we had a plan b)

their main striker leaves for peanuts = City tapped him up how else did they know his clause in his undisclosed contract (the one that was in the national press 3 months before we even bid)

The soon they start looking inwards the sooner they will release they are a joke

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, freezer said:

Gas grammar. Not only do they not have sensible logic, they communicate in a sub-standard format.

They also have the strange ability to reverse think facts and outcomes. Amazing.

Thicker than a whale omelette.

Probably has to take his dick out to count to 13.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

And they tried to conceal it by publishing it on the day that Wilbs left. Or is that paranoia? ;)

• Like 1