IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Typical rovers creaming themselves after a manager wins a few games in a row.

now he has pressure on his shoulders watch him start to crumble and them get drawn back into the relegation zone...

Tbf we’ve plenty in this forum doing the same.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Tbf we’ve plenty in this forum doing the same.

Difference i guess is with us it seems to be certain fans trying to get one over on each other whenever johnson wins/loses.

Rovers wholeheartedly believe Coughlan is the Messiah, which therefore means they’ll be asking for his execution in a couple of years...

51 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

IMO Wally has just dropped another huge bollock, giving him a 2 1/2yr contract? I bet he’s pissing himself, the shite form is about to return and they will be back in the basement next season.

That’s a relatively long contract these days....a rolling 12 month one is the way to go....I’d have just given him a contract until the end of the season and said ‘go prove yourself and we’ll talk again in June’ - now he’s got the comfort of a longish deal...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s a relatively long contract these days....a rolling 12 month one is the way to go....I’d have just given him a contract until the end of the season and said ‘go prove yourself and we’ll talk again in June’ - now he’s got the comfort of a longish deal...

I fully expect it to have a clause saying “if performances are XYZ and you’re fired you’d only get paid for 1 year”. 

Actually I just remembered this is Rovers, I highly doubt the contract is even “water tight” ?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Difference i guess is with us it seems to be certain fans trying to get one over on each other whenever johnson wins/loses.

Rovers wholeheartedly believe Coughlan is the Messiah, which therefore means they’ll be asking for his execution in a couple of months ...

Fixed that for you :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think a contract is what everyone expected him to get even the fewers, but this is R*vers remember.

55 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Just got back from taking the boy to school, listening to Radio Bristol with Emma Britton interviewing the new Sag manager.

"So Graham, just to clarify, is it Coff or Cock?"

I think we all know the answer to that one deary...

What was his answer?

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

What was his answer?

42 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Something like "I'd better be careful how I answer - it's Cocklan" (phonetically obviously)!

Then he said “ow did them lot down the road get on then? Hehe...oh shit they won, ok I’ll wait till they get beaten”

He’s now a Gas legend.

Heard in an interview with a fan from Portishead on RB that Will Hosken confirmed DC was paid no compensation, he resigned with about four years remaining on his contract. Add to that Stewart also left with no compensation, as he asked to be relieved of his position and, Wael has made a saving of two wages and a reduction in contract length by employing the Irishman. So, even if he's on an increased wage, it will be an overall saving for the club.

33 minutes ago, BS3City said:

In the spirit of entertainment I made the mistake of googling "cockman", hoping to find something amusing to post about the Blue Fews latest Messiah.

Please take my advice and DO NOT try it yourself!!!

Aaaarrrggghhh my eyes......???

Pictures of @Rudolf Hucker ??? ?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Rich said:

Heard in an interview with a fan from Portishead on RB that Will Hosken confirmed DC was paid no compensation, he resigned with about four years remaining on his contract. Add to that Stewart also left with no compensation, as he asked to be relieved of his position and, Wael has made a saving of two wages and a reduction in contract length by employing the Irishman. So, even if he's on an increased wage, it will be an overall saving for the club.

Surprised to hear that, I thought the LMA generally advised and guided when situations came to a head, usually resulting in compensation being paid.

1 minute ago, wood_red said:

If he has resigned he won't need to get the LMA involved as won't be getting any compo surely?

Would depend on the reasons for him resigning. 

If he was promised new training facilities, a transfer budget and a poodle, and all Wally could come up with was 3 stolen traffic cones and a calendar from Battersea, then he could say he was forced to resign and his career was being damaged, especially as he turned down a more lucrative opportunity to stay.

Could just be that he woke up one morning and thought... 'sod this for a game of soilders, I'm off'.

Two different reasons for resignation, one unlikely to see compensation paid, the other might be a more negotiated position.

Either way, why would a fan know the terms? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I believe I heard 20man say on the radio that dopey was bound by a confidelity agreement which in itself would imply some form of compensation.

I'm sure he'll take Stewart with him as one of his "backroom boys" to similar footballing hotbeds like Hartlepool or Scarborough.