IGNORED

FAO Adam Baker

lenred

14 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Indeed. Every day that passes shows what a great job he done in the main. 

He certainly wouldn't be silent now. We might not like what he said but he'd not be silent and take the piss out of the role. 

Perhaps the club are not exactly allowing him to be forthcoming...

Most companies especially with a commercial element have a very strict social media policy these days and I dare say Bristol Sport are no exception.

Adam Baker is a good guy, leave him alone or he will probably resign like David Lloyd did.

He did a good job with videos and fancams etc when we were doing o.k. but it must be

very difficult to report on the rubbish we have seen this season, but thats not his fault.

Football clubs in general are like fortresses though, in terms of the info they let out, in terms of how they control the message (leaks aside). The higher up you go, the worse it gets. Just look at journos risking bans from press conferences for relatively little. When news is bad, they close ranks, they lockdown basically.

Adam Baker in my view is a symptom, not a cause.

3 hours ago, dunsteral said:

Adam Baker is a good guy, leave him alone or he will probably resign like David Lloyd did.

He did a good job with videos and fancams etc when we were doing o.k. but it must be

very difficult to report on the rubbish we have seen this season, but thats not his fault.

I hope he does resign and gives someone else the chance. 

Maybe Bristol Sport will realise that they need to improve their commitment to the role if their staff feel unable to do it properly. 

21 hours ago, woodsy62 said:

just a puppet in the house of puppeteer's is Mr baker

He's employed by the club as DaveL was. His hands are tied.

The fans liaison position should be funded by in an independent fashion rather than the club.

No idea how or who by tho.......

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He's employed by the club as DaveL was. His hands are tied.

The fans liaison position should be funded by in an independent fashion rather than the club.

No idea how or who by tho.......

I know his hands ate tied its just the same when he is on radio talking about the city games he can't criticise because of repercussions

1 hour ago, Rossi the Robin said:

It's not his fault

Would you publicly give your employer a hard time if they weren't treating customers properly?

I'm sure he's thinking the same as us but can't risk being on the dole queue, the same as a lot of us 

The same in every company then. A customer services agent almost always hates the company they work for and would often have a very different view to the one they openly share.  They are there to listen to the gripes of customers and provide a service. 

They have to tow the line and have the choice to go elsewhere if they want to. 

I don't expect him to tell me what I want to hear - I wasn't born yesterday -  but I do expect him to be a conduit for communication. He is anything but, in the sense of a productive and open FLO. 

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

The same in every company then. A customer services agent almost always hates the company they work for and would often have a very different view to the one they openly share.  They are there to listen to the gripes of customers and provide a service. 

They have to tow the line and have the choice to go elsewhere if they want to. 

I don't expect him to tell me what I want to hear - I wasn't born yesterday -  but I do expect him to be a conduit for communication. He is anything but. 

I totally agree, he is in the wrong job on this side with fans 

And although I don't mind listening to him on RB, I've always been bemused (not just this season) that he has that commentary role along with the pro club commentary stand ins 

Gary Owers also wouldn't say anything against the grain recently 

@AdamB said to me last night that there are 45 pages of directive to the SLO role.

I haven't read them. I've looked at snippets. Has anyone actually read them?

What I do know however, is that when - as a supporter - I've had a genuine grievance, Adam has raised it and caused a change in policy. Easy case in point being the away game with Villa. The club originally had those who couldn't make the rearranged fixture approximately 36 working hours to cancel the ordered ticket. Having raised the issue through the SLO this was extended.

The bloke has a challenging dual role. Clearly head of communication is a full time role, is SLO a full time role? Probably not. Certainly not when we are doing well, but to suggest that he is hiding us unfair.

If you have a concern or question as a supporter, then email him and I'm fairly sure that if he can't answer it, he'll represent you to the person who can.

As for expecting him to challenge the position of the manager and the process the board follow; probably not a role that sits within the SLO remit.

The club are easily contactable.

25 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The bloke has a challenging dual role. Clearly head of communication is a full time role, is SLO a full time role?

The problem is that that these two roles don't really sit together well at times like this.

The SLO role effectively goes out the window

5 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

The problem is that that these two roles don't really sit together well at times like this.

The SLO role effectively goes out the window

I think there might be a degree of that, bit equally we need to understand the remit of the SLO role.

I see the role as that of 'fan champion' someone who will be a point of escalation, not someone who is expected to regale the decision makers with every complaint.

Might be wrong, but as I said, I haven't read the full SLO role brief. 

Archived