IGNORED

I love my Flinter

1 hour ago, Redstart said:

Villa continue to underachieve - why would he want to go there - has never struck me as a guy to chase the bucks - would be amazed if he opted to leave us for that shower.

That said good luck Villa today v Birmingham  :P

Villa will win the league next year. Steve Bruce with that squad after a proper pre season will be an unbelievable force. 

5 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Will give you that. If Newky had come calling last summer, he'd be gone faster than Ian Holloway down the Atyeo tunnel.

Maybe Boro if they come down. Would have suggested Sunny too but they are in debt to the hilt. Norwich and Huddersfield possibilities too. Can't imagine he'd go for Villa though just because the club is a shambles. Unless they sort it this summer window, I'd expect them to be struggling mid table again next year. Oh and Grealish is gonna be gone this window. Possibly Kodj too. The big Prem boys will come knocking I don't doubt.

They are a massive club though Peg - Certainly in top ten in this country ?

And they have the financial muscle still to resist anything but silly offers for their players , and a manager,  who I think will sort them out and will IMHO take them up next season 

Reluctantly I'd have to think most of our players would see a move to Villa as a step up, regardless of their current position

We don't have too many that a bigger club might poach atm and Flint as a commanding goal scoring centre half is perhaps the obvious one 

A doubling or trebling of wages would also be a temptation for anyone 

Love the guy and the effort and the goals. He has been the only mainstay in a poor defensive team though. May not be his fault. Looks the business lately though and maybe we need the right mix of full backs and midfielders. For 5m, I probably wouldn't sell but if it's 5m take it or leave it from a club like Villa or one of therelegated clubs then I'd let Flint make the decision. He's earned it and has earned the right for a different challenge if he so chooses and I'd never hold if against him. 

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Impossible not to love him. Still suspect his cult status and goals perhaps mean he gets away with a little more than other players do, but nonetheless still rightly one of the first names on the team sheet. His bullet header yesterday will surely go down as one of the greatest moments in a season without many contenders!

Totally agree.

He's the sort of wholehearted player every team needs. He cares. He gives his all.

After loads of very near misses at goal I was rooting for him to score yesterday . When he did, I was nearly as delighted as he was!

Always plays his heart out and you can see how passionate he is when playing for us. Two massive goals scored by him in recent weeks, the one at Wigan away and then yesterday to all but confirm our safety - not to mention the skillful finish at Huddersfield!

Love him. Whatever happens will go down as one of my favourite ever City players.

Archived