IGNORED

PRESTON REFUND

City_USA

Just now, AdamB said:

CITY_USA,

I've followed this up with a number of individuals. I'm pleased to say that we will be fulfilling the refund.

The member of our Supporter Services team you've been dealing with today will contact you direct to request bank details for the refund.

Kind regards,
Adam

AdamB

Thank you for taking care of this. It is good to know that sometimes common sense can prevail. Hopefully the remaining fans will be offered the same solution.

Gratefully,

CITY_USA

Just now, City_USA said:

AdamB

Thank you for taking care of this. It is good to know that sometimes common sense can prevail. Hopefully the remaining fans will be offered the same solution.

Gratefully,

CITY_USA

Glad it got sorted for you mate.

10 minutes ago, Im_over_ere said:

CITY_USA, if you give me your bank details I will transfer $50,000,000 that I currently have in my company bank account unused. This should be sufficient to cover your costs. Just need your bank details please.....;)

FANTASTIC ! Just what I need to come over again next season.

Check your inbox

Hello City USA. Remember Preston game on that tuesdaynight. I wrote that we had chance, you were saying: not to mutch to ask for 3 points when you travelled so long. Oj oj oj oj, thats history, but that was more than bad. After that game we went strong and play in this leauge next season. Next time you see a game, it will be a win. Coyr!!!

2 minutes ago, City_USA said:

Beer ? I may be in the USA but I'm still a Cider drinker! Thankfully cider is becoming huge Stateside and there are some decent ones to be had!

Glad it worked out for you...well not in a way that would have been 3 points...but. Top fan.

Good on ya Adam too, nice to see common sense prevails. 

It's extremely disappointing that it took for the baying crowd for a genuine supporter (and one that had travelled from the USA no less) to get a refund. 

I think you all need to get yourself some lessons in customer service. 

Satisfactory outcome, but very poor lead up in truth. 

The right decision was made. As has been stated, the refund wasn't announced immediately after the loss(obviously). I can imagine many disappointed fans binning their tickets to a forgetful Tuesday night in Preston. Now if you paid for it with cash then obviously it's your only proof but any payments made online or over the phone should've been easy enough to sort. 

Well thanks to @AdamB this has drawn to satisfactory conclusion for me, hopefully for others as well.

Lets put this topic to bed and focus on cheering the lads over the finish line the next couple of days.

I will be watching the game on line hopefully and cheering on in my pseudo Bristolian/American accent!

Cheers to all, I'm off to work...COYR!

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I'm in Naperville Illinois. Where you at?

you should sign into chat box on match day. Quite a few of us colonists in there

Arvada, Colorado. Just north of Denver. I'll try to remember to sign into chat box. If ever you're in CO, give me a shout I would love to meet up with some fellow Reds

1 hour ago, 42nite said:

Not good!

Who is the current fans liason officer anyway?

Maybe they should be able to liase with supporters in this situation and whoever is supposedly dealing with this at BS.

Poor show Bristol Sport.

:clap:

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

It's extremely disappointing that it took for the baying crowd for a genuine supporter (and one that had travelled from the USA no less) to get a refund. 

I think you all need to get yourself some lessons in customer service. 

Satisfactory outcome, but very poor lead up in truth. 

I agree. All those who suck up to the "right decision in the end" bollocks are deluded.

Fact is it shouldn't have got to the stage where the OP should have needed to ask the question in the first place.

And Adam B shouldn't have needed to consult to then do a U turn.

Sadly this says it all about Bristol Sport. A bloody shambles.

If I'd been refunded for some of the dross I've put up with over the last 51 years following City, I'd have retired long ago!

So, should the players who offered to refund the travelling fans be let off lightly by only coughing up for half, the ones who bothered to claim?

Perhaps they would like to donate the rest the rest of the money to a worthy cause and I know they do support a very important local children's charity.

1 hour ago, 42nite said:

Don't Adam Baker and Mike Kelly comment on various posts?

What are your thoughts on this guys?

Or maybe you'd prefer to just ignore this one and hope it quietly goes away?

Sorry AB and MK,  I missed the bits where it had now been resolved.

Apologies for the rant,  my bad.

Just think it took too much complaining and hence creating ill feeling before common sense prevailed.

I guess the initial concern was that everyone would claim their refund based on a Bank statement, and then give their ticket to a mate (who wasn't there) to claim another refund.

Despite other people's view, I would suggest that this was a understandable reaction to a reasonable concern.

i personally think Adam deservess a lot of credit for resversing the decision when it became clear that the process wasn't going to be abused, and a lot of genuine fans were missing out.

Well done Adam.

Archived