IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

1 hour ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Presumably on the condition that he signs for a different county first?

I would laugh if not the likelihood it could be true! Article says they're keen to consider late season form..... LEACH!!!!

1 hour ago, Super said:

Ballance under consideration?! How many more times ffs.

I'd rather Ballance then Westley

Edited by hodge

So people's choice for an Ashes squad? For me

1. Cook
  2. Stoneman
  3. Root
  4. Bairstow
  5. Malan
  6. Stokes
  7. Ali
  8. Woakes
  9. Wood
  10. Broad
  11. Anderson

I wonder if there have been discussions between the coaching staff and Bairstow as to whether he feels he could come in earlier, feel he could do a lot better then often being left with the tail. Ali is a more than good enough 7 and same goes to Woakes at 8. This firstly reduces the number of new players to the batting line up and allows us an extra bowler, which in Aus could be useful. Wood picked as I think his tad of extra pace will be useful in Aus. 

1. Hales
  2. Duckett
  3. Rashid (I mean I would say Leach, but come on they won't)
  4. Roland-Jones (if fit) 

18 minutes ago, hodge said:

So people's choice for an Ashes squad? For me

1. Cook
  2. Stoneman
  3. Root
  4. Bairstow
  5. Malan
  6. Stokes
  7. Ali
  8. Woakes
  9. Wood
  10. Broad
  11. Anderson

I wonder if there have been discussions between the coaching staff and Bairstow as to whether he feels he could come in earlier, feel he could do a lot better then often being left with the tail. Ali is a more than good enough 7 and same goes to Woakes at 8. This firstly reduces the number of new players to the batting line up and allows us an extra bowler, which in Aus could be useful. Wood picked as I think his tad of extra pace will be useful in Aus. 

1. Hales
  2. Duckett
  3. Rashid (I mean I would say Leach, but come on they won't)
  4. Roland-Jones (if fit) 

Do we need 6 bowlers?

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Do we need 6 bowlers?

Given Woakes is at 8 the question I'd ask is do you need another out and out batsmen, swapping in Rashid could always be an option if we want a second spin option and he bats well enough for a number 8/9. Otherwise just the ability for bowlers to be fresh bowling short spells could be valuable. 

Edited by hodge
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, hodge said:

Given Woakes is at 8 the question I'd ask is do you need another out and out batsmen, swapping in Rashid could always be an option if we want a second spin option and he bats well enough for a number 8/9. Otherwise just the ability for bowlers to be fresh bowling short spells could be valuable. 

I get your point and obviously not going to be easy getting 20 wickets but first innings runs is a must over there and our batting looks weak. 

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

You are doing this purposely, aren't you ;)?

Seriously, though, are your comments about Stokes and last night, well, serious?

Yes - full statement released. Got a text about 2 minutes before hand telling me what had occurred. 

Released without charge is interesting to me given Hales has gone back to help. Probably a released without charge but could well have a knock on your door soon. 

Not great given the ashes squad is meant to be announced tomorrow. I gather the ECB Still plan on making that decision tomorrow