IGNORED

NFL 2017 Season

Dynamite Red

8 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Don't panic just yet, Tipps! Give it a couple more defeats and then you can panic. Seattle and Minnesota await...:ph34r:

I just want to beat The Cowgirls!! :sad26:

I can’t complain too much though, I had the sense to put a few quid on Elliott to score the first touchdown of the game.

8 hours ago, DKM Len said:

First visit to Twickenham yesterday and was impressed with the stadium and all the tailgate stuff. Pity about the result but didn't expect any different.

Yes, it's a pretty austere design by modern standards but does a good job of providing a good view for the spectators. It's got three levels and consequently they are closer to the playing surface than the Wembley 'bowl'. The tailgate parties were able to carry on after the game (unlike Wembley) and there was a decent atmosphere. OK, the Browns were the Browniest again and managed to make football look difficult for most of the game but there's a good team in there somewhere. (They just need to get some better players and an almost all-new organisation.)

The moan about Twickers is the long queue for a shuttle bus back to the tube stations. Maybe if there's another game there I'll take a map and walk. Didn't get home until the last minute of the 'Boys/'Skins match.:angry:

12 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Yes, it's a pretty austere design by modern standards but does a good job of providing a good view for the spectators. It's got three levels and consequently they are closer to the playing surface than the Wembley 'bowl'. The tailgate parties were able to carry on after the game (unlike Wembley) and there was a decent atmosphere. OK, the Browns were the Browniest again and managed to make football look difficult for most of the game but there's a good team in there somewhere. (They just need to get some better players and an almost all-new organisation.)

The moan about Twickers is the long queue for a shuttle bus back to the tube stations. Maybe if there's another game there I'll take a map and walk. Didn't get home until the last minute of the 'Boys/'Skins match.:angry:

I saw that queue forming and was happy that we drove up. Parked about half a mile away and once through Hounslow it was plain sailing.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Tinpot.....

I'll hold fire until week 11

You Redskins are so bitter. 3rd in a shite Division, 2nd year QB and up and down Dallas way better. Thank God for the Giants, huh?

We're top of one of the most competitive Divisions, one where our best hope was to not finish bottom with Super Cam, the wonderful high flying Failcons, and Jameis and his big spending boys

Must suck being a 'skin

(God, I'm enjoying this season.....so far :yawn:)

4 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

You Redskins are so bitter. 3rd in a shite Division, 2nd year QB and up and down Dallas way better. Thank God for the Giants, huh?

We're top of one of the most competitive Divisions, one where our best hope was to not finish bottom with Super Cam, the wonderful high flying Failcons, and Jameis and his big spending boys

Must suck being a 'skin

All about next season hopefully without Gruden and Cousins!

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Must suck being a 'skin

No one likes a show off (and I mean no one)!! :P

And on that note, how is your fantasy team doing?  :rofl2br:

58 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

No one likes a show off (and I mean no one)!! :P

And on that note, how is your fantasy team doing?  :rofl2br:

Sharing the glory around, let someone else win it this year, Tipps

I couldn't handle the acclaim and congratulations I received on here for winning it.....:ph34r:

Only recently noticed that the Bears TE Zach Miller suffered a horrendous injury against the Saints, damaging the popliteal artery in his left knee. Rushed to hospital, he was given emergency surgery to save his leg! Could have lost it without. :shocking:

Even more sadly for Miller, his one-hander catch for a TD was overruled on review.:gaah:

4 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Eagles are for real, it seems! Who knew? That fourth-round pick trade for Ajayi looks good business, too. Denver are not up to full strength, but are being made to look poor in comparison.

And Denver’s defence isn’t exactly poor but they are being ripped a new one by the Eagles tonight. Sadly!!

How real are the Rams, for those who watch far more than me? Was reading somewhere over the weekend how McVay is already going into the HoF, certainly made a massive difference to them

Saints still rolling, I keep waiting for the wheels to fall off, and whilst Bucs aren't no great shakes, it's another win. Tough one in Buffalo this weekend, that might tell me a bit more

33 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

How real are the Rams, for those who watch far more than me? Was reading somewhere over the weekend how McVay is already going into the HoF, certainly made a massive difference to them

Saints still rolling, I keep waiting for the wheels to fall off, and whilst Bucs aren't no great shakes, it's another win. Tough one in Buffalo this weekend, that might tell me a bit more

For me, the Rams have high end players in prime positions & they are learning how to use those tools properly, along with seemingly having missed out on the injuries to key players like a lot of teams have had this season, they certainly seem to be in with a shout.

As for your ‘All Saints’, I think your in the same position as everyone else, we’re all waiting for the wheels to fall off........

The Bucs seem to be able to scrape wins without their ‘big guns’ performing yet, can that carry on or are these ‘big guns’ going to kick into action & completely destroy all comers? Only time will tell.

The one for me are The Cowgirls, will Elliott’s ban ever happen? Do they have enough if / when it does happen? I’d like to think not!

And then there’s Brady & The Pats, they’ve still not really performed but they are doing enough to still be feared & are still the bookies favourite for the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

For me, the Rams have high end players in prime positions & they are learning how to use those tools properly, along with seemingly having missed out on the injuries to key players like a lot of teams have had this season, they certainly seem to be in with a shout.

As for your ‘All Saints’, I think your in the same position as everyone else, we’re all waiting for the wheels to fall off........

The Bucs seem to be able to scrape wins without their ‘big guns’ performing yet, can that carry on or are these ‘big guns’ going to kick into action & completely destroy all comers? Only time will tell.

The one for me are The Cowgirls, will Elliott’s ban ever happen? Do they have enough if / when it does happen? I’d like to think not!

And then there’s Brady & The Pats, they’ve still not really performed but they are doing enough to still be feared & are still the bookies favourite for the Super Bowl.

Bucs, scraping wins? Wrong team there, I think, Tipps!

Yeah, Cowboys are a funny one. Zek seems to keep getting away with it, whilst it's completely wrong, you have to admire their legal team in doing a good job there

Thing is with the Saints, we've got a D all of a sudden. The O line has always been decent, if the D can steer clear of big injuries then who knows. I'm not suggesting we're going to win the whole show, but anyone avoiding injuries to key players this year is going to have a chance. Every week some big player is going down. Makes for grim reading

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Bucs, scraping wins? Wrong team there, I think, Tipps!

Yeah, Cowboys are a funny one. Zek seems to keep getting away with it, whilst it's completely wrong, you have to admire their legal team in doing a good job there

Thing is with the Saints, we've got a D all of a sudden. The O line has always been decent, if the D can steer clear of big injuries then who knows. I'm not suggesting we're going to win the whole show, but anyone avoiding injuries to key players this year is going to have a chance. Every week some big player is going down. Makes for grim reading

My mistake, I thought your original comparison for the Bucs was with regards to them scraping wins rather than your comment being about The All Saints beating them. The Bucs have struggled mainly because Winston has struggled with an ongoing dodgy shoulder, they started the season ok but that injury in particular has halted them.

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

My mistake, I thought your original comparison for the Bucs was with regards to them scraping wins rather than your comment being about The All Saints beating them. The Bucs have struggled mainly because Winston has struggled with an ongoing dodgy shoulder, they started the season ok but that injury in particular has halted them.

Did you see his pre game speech to his team on Sunday.....eating the 'W'.....all very, very odd

Archived