IGNORED

Singing Section for Villa

ZiderEyed

2 hours ago, spudski said:

I agree...I hope the rest of the stadium start singing...'Stick yer Gas songs up your arse,...stick your Gas songs up your arse'....and drown out whoever starts them ;):P:thumbsup:

Don't encourage that, that will just result in calling everyone not in their blocks ***** ( get me, I remembered to star out the 'C' word). 

7 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

I know I will be shot down for this but I think the atmosphere has been quite poor at the gate since the singing sections opened. 

i used to have my season ticket in b block Dolan and the atmosphere was always good in there and in A block Dolman, atyeo stand, G block Dolman and over in the williams by the clock. when the atmosphere really got going this would spread around the stadium and a lot of the ground would join in. the opening of the east end ended this in my opinion.

the signing sections are great if you are in there but not though people join in around the ground.

fair play to those who go in there and try and generate an atmosphere though,this certainly isn't a dig at anyone. 

I didn't realise we named the stand after Bob Dolan, not a bad singer mind!

A lot of problems in this section, quite a few people in there dont bother singing anyway. Bloke next to me didn't sing once throughout the whole game what is the point in being there why not let someone who wants to sing go in that section. 

Can someone slow down the speeders as well, it is killing a lot of the songs off. 

It's not a "singing section" though. 

Its an unreserved seating area with relaxed rules on standing. 

Nothing stipulates that those in the area MUST sing. Yes, the area is more welcoming for those who wish to do so, but it's not compulsory. Nor is it exclusive. Other fans sat in other parts of the ground are more than welcome to create atmosphere. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

It's not a "singing section" though. 

Its an unreserved seating area with relaxed rules on standing. 

Nothing stipulates that those in the area MUST sing. Yes, the area is more welcoming for those who wish to do so, but it's not compulsory. Nor is it exclusive. Other fans sat in other parts of the ground are more than welcome to create atmosphere. 

Honestly Harry, you've gotta stop giving all these facts. It doesn't suit the witch hunt! ;) 

It was an great atmosphere in there tonight, signing for a 90% the game I think,

It's still new with people needing to find there spot, I have tried a different spot each game so far and tonight I found somewhere I liked, as others do the same the atmosphere will get better each match, 

By the end of next month it will be all settled in and rocking like the old eastend

Great atmosphere tonight. Best it's been all season. Well done all. Having the 'singing section' (for want of a better term) there definitely gets others more involved. The Dolman and South Stand joined in many times today.

Thought the Villa fans were poor. Usually bigger clubs have a noisy away following but very lacklustre from them. All stood but not great noise. Nowhere near the likes of Sheffield Weds or Leeds.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Great atmosphere tonight. Best it's been all season. Well done all. Having the 'singing section' (for want of a better term) there definitely gets others more involved. The Dolman and South Stand joined in many times today.

Thought the Villa fans were poor. Usually bigger clubs have a noisy away following but very lacklustre from them. All stood but not great noise. Nowhere near the likes of Sheffield Weds or Leeds.

Cant help but agree. Were silent for most of the first half and only piped up a bit when they scored. Did expect a lot more.

50 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agreed and last season I thought they were the loudest we had at the Gate, and there was 1000 less of them then. Lost all respect when they sang "everywhere we go..."  Expect that off clubs like Port Vale and Crawley, not Villa.

I could hear the Villa fans loud and clear on sky, a few muffled and disjointed versions of c' mon you reds but all in all apart from the villa fans I thought it was quiet. There was always this excuse that the Atyeo had crap acoustics, well I think the villa fans put that one to bed, with that in mind I'd give the away fans a block in the SL Stand Upper Tier.

I rewatched the game back after being down the Gate this evening. Atmosphere from our lot (I'm in the SS) was class and if you were in any of the stands you'd agree.. but when watching back on the telly you can't make us out too well..I'm guessing the mics are really turned down. Commentators did mention how good our fans are though, even before KO they bigged us up and said the fans are what makes Ashton Gate a tough place to come to :thumbsup:

They always put the mic's on the pitch by the Atyeo, by the away fans. No idea why that is mind you. 

This is why I believe the Sags comment on us, being quiet. I can't remember ever playing back a game we've been live to hear us louder than the away fans. 

Used to get Crapdiff fans saying they outsang us according to TV but never thought that when I'm there live. 

I'm not one of the singing section lot, and only been to one game this season (holiday reasons) So I'm looking forward to the next home game to find out what the singing section sound like from my Dolman B block seat. 

5 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

I could hear the Villa fans loud and clear on sky, a few muffled and disjointed versions of c' mon you reds but all in all apart from the villa fans I thought it was quiet. There was always this excuse that the Atyeo had crap acoustics, well I think the villa fans put that one to bed, with that in mind I'd give the away fans a block in the SL Stand Upper Tier.

I actually thought that our support, particularly the "singing section" was poor/ average, in general tonight, with some decent spells. 

If I'd not been there to contribute, then I don't think I'd be on here criticising! 

Villa sounded brilliant for the first 20 mins and then went pretty quiet for the rest of the game, bar the odd moment. Their catalogue of songs was dire!

Alright, alright we get your point!

Probably where Sky put their microphones then. I was in a great position in the ground to judge and that's not an accurate representation.

7 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

unfortunately, I cannot leave deepest Wilts to get to AG in time for an evening kick off, so I watched the game on Sky. I've no idea where microphones were placed, but Villa fans were far from silent (at least that's the way it appeared on the telly).

2 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

unfortunately, I cannot leave deepest Wilts to get to AG in time for an evening kick off, so I watched the game on Sky. I've no idea where microphones were placed, but Villa fans were far from silent (at least that's the way it appeared on the telly).

Must be the mic placement I think. That probably sounds like an excuse but I was in the middle of the ground yesterday so could judge accurately.

Were Villa fans noisy on the occasions where they did sing? Sure. But it was sporadic with a surprisingly MK Dons-like repertoire of songs. 

Consistently over the 90 we were the far louder support with a superior repetoire of songs. Shame that didn't come across on TV.

Archived