IGNORED

Singing Section for Villa

ZiderEyed

Wondering if anyone in the Lansdown could get a few videos of it at the Villa game, would be much appreciated. I havent seen any posted on here at all which is a bit odd, atmosphere has really picked up so I'd have expected someone to take some photos at least.

50 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

To many OAP:s at AG. We need to get the youngsters going.

I assume you are looking forward to the ending of your life at 65 by compulsory euthanasia?

Fortunately for me, I was living out of the country so missed it. And it must have been overlooked when I came back four years ago. So keep your bloody Swedish head below the parapet otherwise you may not be so lucky.

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Wondering if anyone in the Lansdown could get a few videos of it at the Villa game, would be much appreciated. I havent seen any posted on here at all which is a bit odd, atmosphere has really picked up so I'd have expected someone to take some photos at least.

Probably not what you were after, but here's Barnsley as the teams come out.

Taken with my iPhone....might take my proper camera on Friday 

I sit in the middle of the Dolman usually.

The singing section in the corner was fantastic against Barnsley...in fact many people who don't normally sing joined in with them.

It sounded and looked fantastic.

Against Millwall, it was awful.

It seemed like every song was about the Gas.

Seriously chaps...no one is interested in the Gas.

Stop singing about them. It's not relevant, only makes them sound more important than what they are, and makes the singing section look like they've run out of ideas and run by a bunch of 12 year olds...which I know in the majority is not true.

I think they really made a difference against Barnsley.

52 minutes ago, spudski said:

I sit in the middle of the Dolman usually.

The singing section in the corner was fantastic against Barnsley...in fact many people who don't normally sing joined in with them.

It sounded and looked fantastic.

Against Millwall, it was awful.

It seemed like every song was about the Gas.

Seriously chaps...no one is interested in the Gas.

Stop singing about them. It's not relevant, only makes them sound more important than what they are, and makes the singing section look like they've run out of ideas and run by a bunch of 12 year olds...which I know in the majority is not true.

I think they really made a difference against Barnsley.

Agree RE Barnsley, I sat in the Lansdown corner bit last season, as far from the singers as possible. Comparatively, the atmosphere has been great imho. I am S23 so im very close. Also agree on the whole Gas thing as it goes, shame.

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

Its odd. I sit in Dolman near Atyeo end and can honestly say i dont think its sounded great at all!

I'm in Dolman too and am inclined to agree

I wonder if it's due to them being too far away from the away fans as that's what tends to get things nicely fired up

2 hours ago, City Mike said:

I'm in the lansdown stand. Really thought you lot moving to your spiritual home east end, south stand now. Would be great for the atmosphere. But it's worse, perhaps you sounded louder when the away fans used to wind you up. Step it up section 82!!!

It hasn't been that bad and it will take a few games for people find preferred positions in the singing section, for some to return from hols and the season to get properly underway (football seasons are like wars and August football is often phoney war). Hoping you'll be leading the Lansdown bounce around the ground the next time we're 3 - 0 up.

@bristolcitysweden

I believe, based on what's gone before, the singing section is season ticket only? So that's S28 to S25. People feel free to correct me if wrong!

So I would suggest E28 not too far, or possibly even better S24. Probably S24 is a better bet, to be closest to the action from the singing section, where atmosphere is most likely to spill over I would have thought.

13 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We would like to buy tickets in the singing section for Leeds (19 people). In what section shall we book?

i don't think you'll get in the singing section, book the block next to it if you can Tommy

10 hours ago, City Mike said:

I'm in the lansdown stand. Really thought you lot moving to your spiritual home east end, south stand now. Would be great for the atmosphere. But it's worse, perhaps you sounded louder when the away fans used to wind you up. Step it up section 82!!!

It is a shame you no longer get needle between Away and Home fans - first time in about a decade the away fans have been in a totally separate stand.

If I'd been redesigning AG, I'd have the 'singing section' in the middle of the SS with away fans tucked in one of the corners of that stand. Would be great for atmosphere but give us an advantage.

I'd have also redesigned the SS to look much better but that's another conversation..

I know I will be shot down for this but I think the atmosphere has been quite poor at the gate since the singing sections opened. 

i used to have my season ticket in b block Dolan and the atmosphere was always good in there and in A block Dolman, atyeo stand, G block Dolman and over in the williams by the clock. when the atmosphere really got going this would spread around the stadium and a lot of the ground would join in. the opening of the east end ended this in my opinion.

the signing sections are great if you are in there but not though people join in around the ground.

fair play to those who go in there and try and generate an atmosphere though,this certainly isn't a dig at anyone. 

16 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Other people can start songs y'know ;) 

That's right - some people in this thread acting as if S82 are exclusively accountable for the atmosphere at games.

I did notice vs Millwall a couple of choruses of 'Red Army' that spread around the ground and got pretty loud; from where I was sitting it looked like that originated from the South Stand? Not the singing section? Good to see if that's true.

29 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's right - some people in this thread acting as if S82 are exclusively accountable for the atmosphere at games.

I did notice vs Millwall a couple of choruses of 'Red Army' that spread around the ground and got pretty loud; from where I was sitting it looked like that originated from the South Stand? Not the singing section? Good to see if that's true.

I agree...I hope the rest of the stadium start singing...'Stick yer Gas songs up your arse,...stick your Gas songs up your arse'....and drown out whoever starts them ;):P:thumbsup:

Archived