IGNORED

Nothing...

ThreeWordCityNerd

City beat Norwich 4-0 on the Saturday, Charlton 6-0 on the Tuesday and then drew 1-1 at Millwall on the next Saturday. That Charlton game was the first time City had scored a penalty since AD became Manager two (?) years before.

I was at that game, but fellow old 'uns, please correct if my memory is wrong. The abuse against AD was due I believe that before the goals went in Jantzen Derrick appeared to be the only player actually trying to do something. When he was substituted, the fans became angry and the abuse started.

Can't prove it now, but I was once told Chris Garland would never pass the ball to Jantzen Derrick.

9 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Can you put up something prior and after 'that' Coventry game?

My favourite City game of all time!

I have a programme, but no press cuttings.

(I remember the 6-0 v Charlton) :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I will dig it out this evening and post a pic. What was the date? Its really cool because it has the old fashioned adverts as well. Worth a read alone!

23 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

23/09/1969.

I will take a pic of it and post it here mate. I haven't had a look through for a while so gives me something to do.

Your conversation may have lost me here, but surely the Coventry game he was after would have been May '77 ?

Would you have two articles I am after?

Glyn Riley 1982 to 1987 when jed Pitman put together all his goals that he had scored for city AFTER

his Partner taped over the goals that Glyn Riley had compiled himself

Not sure about the date though

The other one was circa 24 may 1986 when we played Bolton in the Leyland cup

A city fan  in Australia asked some one to ring them and connect the phone to the radio

so they could hear the game in Australia

Expensive but cheaper than flying to the U.K.

12 minutes ago, Offside said:

What a great photo on the front of that programme.

Reminds me of the sort of picture they used to use in the Spot the Ball competition. :) 

Regarding the OP, I was saying this when the criticism of Johnson was at it's highest, the board would have crumbled and given in to the crowd if it hadn't been for Harry Dolman,. Thank goodness he decided to see through his support of Dicks and his development of the club with home grown youth.

Archived