IGNORED

Clubs banning people taking laptops into grounds...

LondonBristolian

10 hours ago, RedM said:

What about people try to get them to go without looking at a screen for 90+. If they get bored talk to them, distract them. it's worked for years before people had phones etc. It sickens me to see babies playing on phones whilst being wheeled about in their buggies. 

Rant over. Am I alone in this?

I think your wrong personally, it's just the way of the world now, an iPad to my daughter is no different to there being a hoover or microwave in the house as she knows no different.

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

I think your wrong personally, it's just the way of the world now, an iPad to my daughter is no different to there being a hoover or microwave in the house as she knows no different.

Bet the hoover doesn’t get wheeled out as often as the iPad though!

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

I understand it's the way of the world but don't you find it sad that these babies and toddlers are already showing signs of addiction to screens and some have withdraw symptoms. A time and a place and a bit of variety surely? Many youngsters now turning up to schools unable to hold a pencil never mind write their name, but they sure as hell can put a user name and password in on a keyboard. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I understand it's the way of the world but don't you find it sad that these babies and toddlers are already showing signs of addiction to screens and some have withdraw symptoms. A time and a place and a bit of variety surely? Many youngsters now turning up to schools unable to hold a pencil never mind write their name, but they sure as hell can put a user name and password in on a keyboard. 

Her school use and encourage the use of iPads, im not saying she uses it 24/7 and she certainly prefers to write or draw at home but if taking it to football means I get to watch the game when she gets bored then I'm all for it!!

15 hours ago, RedM said:

What about people try to get them to go without looking at a screen for 90+. If they get bored talk to them, distract them. it's worked for years before people had phones etc. It sickens me to see babies playing on phones whilst being wheeled about in their buggies. 

Rant over. Am I alone in this?

no, I have often said if I could only turn off the damn internet for just one day, it would be hilarious watching people on buses trains restaurants wondering what the hell to do with themselves, now I know they have their uses, but some people seem incapable of ever actually interacting with anybody (rant over as well)

Archived