Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

James

Section 82 Displays

On the back of another cracking atmosphere inside AG (as well as half decent performance on the pitch) we’re looking to prepare some hopefully equally impressive visual displays over the next few games.

**Tiny violin time** 

As many of you know, such displays are put together/paid for out of fans own pockets (and time) and whilst it’s something that we all enjoy doing, we have ambitions greater than this can always enable.

Therefore we’ve set up a crowdfunding page (link below) from which all donations – big or small – will be gratefully received and will go solely towards upcoming and future displays to hopefully be enjoyed by all inside AG.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/section82displays

Stickers also remain on sale in El Rincon (The Spanish Bar) on match days, proceeds from which go to the same place!

S82

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, James_ said:

On the back of another cracking atmosphere inside AG (as well as half decent performance on the pitch) we’re looking to prepare some hopefully equally impressive visual displays over the next few games.

**Tiny violin time** 

As many of you know, such displays are put together/paid for out of fans own pockets (and time) and whilst it’s something that we all enjoy doing, we have ambitions greater than this can always enable.

Therefore we’ve set up a crowdfunding page (link below) from which all donations – big or small – will be gratefully received and will go solely towards upcoming and future displays to hopefully be enjoyed by all inside AG.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/section82displays

Stickers also remain on sale in El Rincon (The Spanish Bar) on match days, proceeds from which go to the same place!

S82

why should we buy when you don't stay to the end.....

Sarcasm over, good job keep it up, I'll donate some when I get paid

• Like 1

Has gone out on Twitter:

Retweets/raised awareness appreciated!

Also feel free to share the link anywhere you think may be useful - Facebook etc.

Cheers!

Edited by James_
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, James_ said:

Has gone out on Twitter:

Retweets/raised awareness appreciated!

Also feel free to share the link anywhere you think may be useful - Facebook etc.

Cheers!

Just RTd 

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of the flags, whats the deal with them? I see them go up in the games but seem to go down just as quick? Is there a rule poised by security?

In German football the ultras on most teams wave the flags throughout the game and it makes a really intimidating sort of atmosphere from that side of the stadium

something like this 

32.jpg

fan-block-of-fortuna-ultras-in-duesseldo

Would love to have something similar, I'll throw some money in and buy some stickers, can you buy them any other times other than match days?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

I'm a big fan of the flags, whats the deal with them? I see them go up in the games but seem to go down just as quick? Is there a rule poised by security?

In German football the ultras on most teams wave the flags throughout the game and it makes a really intimidating sort of atmosphere from that side of the stadium

something like this 

32.jpg

fan-block-of-fortuna-ultras-in-duesseldo

Would love to have something similar, I'll throw some money in and buy some stickers, can you buy them any other times other than match days?

No 'rules' per say, however we do try to be mindful of the fact that what we're aiming for is still in its relative infancy within AG. Especially having only this season moved to that part of the ground.

We don't want to be p**sing people off with a flag in their face for 90 mins as we know we're ultimately all there to watch the game.

If you were to ask us for an ideal scenario X years down the line, examples like these wouldnt be far off the mark though..!

Stickers available through https://www.instagram.com/bristol_city_stickers/

As well as on match days, if you're not passing the Spanish bar just come and grab one of us in S25 as we'll have some on us!

Edited by James_
  • Like 1

Hi lads donation on way , fantastic effort from yourselves keep it up , i hope you get loads of support - put stickers up lions behind bar think they will sell out quickly don’t forget ever need hand putting flags out on a Friday for sat games in free 

• Like 3

I thought Section 82 were fantastic against Burton and non-existent versus Leeds.  The contrast was uncanny.   I guess you could say the results were similarly cnotrasting!

However, I think that we "the non-singing, only join in if everyone else is" fans needed you most against Leeds and it didn't happen.  Any idea why?

Keep up the good work though. I love the flags and the chants when they happen.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Hi lads donation on way , fantastic effort from yourselves keep it up , i hope you get loads of support - put stickers up lions behind bar think they will sell out quickly don’t forget ever need hand putting flags out on a Friday for sat games in free 

Cheers mate, will drop you a message nearer the time. 

Absolutely fantastic, I'll be trying to renew my ST a bit nearer to the action next year. All the management have spoken out about how big an impact it can have, brilliant, brilliant work everyone involved.

Dropped a tenner in, it's a shame that you are all stuck in one little segment as it does look a little weird - but certainly better than previous seasons. Who knows maybe the flags and atmosphere will spread along the stand :fingerscrossed:

• Like 2

I’ll donate if you up your game in terms of focused, mildly childish chants to the oppo. 

I was dying for a Freddie Sears themed song on Tuesday at 4-1 to really rub their noses in but no one around me was interested (most probably didn’t know what I was on about!)

9 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Dropped a tenner in, it's a shame that you are all stuck in one little segment as it does look a little weird - but certainly better than previous seasons. Who knows maybe the flags and atmosphere will spread along the stand :fingerscrossed:

Cheers mate.

That is the aim! It's certainly not a case of 'the flags stay here'. As mentioned above, we want as many as possible getting involved!

We only ask that they are returned, we have unfortunately had a fair few go 'missing' in the past..

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’ll donate if you up your game in terms of focused, mildly childish chants to the oppo. 

I was dying for a Freddie Sears themed song on Tuesday at 4-1 to really rub their noses in but no one around me was interested (most probably didn’t know what I was on about!)

In hindsight perhaps "let's pretend we scored a goal" would have been suitable?

Problem was, we didn't have a chance in-between the 'actual' ones ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, James_ said:

Cheers mate.

That is the aim! It's certainly not a case of 'the flags stay here'. As mentioned above, we want as many as possible getting involved!

We only ask that they are returned, we have unfortunately had a fair few go 'missing' in the past..

Im guessing the main issue is cost, im assuming the flags cost a lot of money. To deck the whole south stand out will cost a lot of money, something the lads i presume are finding difficult.

Its something everyone should help with, if they want the enjoyment from it also. Only so much money can go so far in life, as we all know.

• Like 1

Will donate on payday , would.be good if some the sticker designs made it onto a t shirt , you could link up with rob at South Bristol clothing . Palace and boro fan groups do similar.  All funds going to displays.  

Keep up the great work. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Will donate on payday , would.be good if some the sticker designs made it onto a t shirt , you could link up with rob at South Bristol clothing . Palace and boro fan groups do similar.  All funds going to displays.  

Keep up the great work. 

Cheers for the feedback, know it's something that's been looked at!

Edited by James_

I been speaking to them on twitter, they have said the wavey flags as in the red and white handheld ones, cost around £15 each.

I bet it would be amazing to do the whole south stand but that is obviously a lot of ££ also quite a few flags continue to go missing. 

Just donated. As I said on my donation be nice eventually (maybe some time away) to have the whole SS decked out. Would love to turn the East End into a Kop-like stand in the future

Hi @James_ What's your plans for the Cardiff game? How about some red and white streamers like we did in the Atyeo. 

I've been thinking about bringing my own flag in but I dunno what the rules are. This will be for the Cardiff game just to wind them up a bit. I am thinking about bringing the white dragon flag on a telescopic pole. In legends the dragons were supposed to have fought each other. The welsh claim their red dragon won but the english also claim the white dragon won. I know there is controversy over the white dragon but it is a load of nonsense. The one I am thinking about is for all ethic groups in england. 

http://hengistkites.com/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=engwhitedragonflag

• Like 1

Section 82 have been brilliant this season...the last couple of years in atyeo they had seemed detached from rest of suppprt but wow this season they have made a difference

• Like 1

Where the stickers end up make me laugh at times, i've been in places you just wouldn't expect to see them and the just pop up. Just this week alone i Was walking to the gym in Cheltenham and saw one randomly on a lampost. Had my mate message me, where he went for a piss in a nightclub in Leicester, lifts the seat up finds one starring right back at him!

10 minutes ago, WR5 said:

Where the stickers end up make me laugh at times, i've been in places you just wouldn't expect to see them and the just pop up. Just this week alone i Was walking to the gym in Cheltenham and saw one randomly on a lampost. Had my mate message me, where he went for a piss in a nightclub in Leicester, lifts the seat up finds one starring right back at him!

See, Lee Tomlin does still love us after all.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WR5 said:

Saw some whilst holidaying near Alcudia in Mallorca this Summer. Brilliant I thought :) 

45 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

Hi @James_ What's your plans for the Cardiff game? How about some red and white streamers like we did in the Atyeo. 

I've been thinking about bringing my own flag in but I dunno what the rules are. This will be for the Cardiff game just to wind them up a bit. I am thinking about bringing the white dragon flag on a telescopic pole. In legends the dragons were supposed to have fought each other. The welsh claim their red dragon won but the english also claim the white dragon won. I know there is controversy over the white dragon but it is a load of nonsense. The one I am thinking about is for all ethic groups in england. 

Hi, absolutely bring it along!

We really do want it to be a wall of colour and noise, the more the merrier (like the sub plot as well).

We're still ironing out details for Cardiff display but it's definitely going to be a good one!

If you don't want to be lugging the flag around beforehand drop us a message and you can store it in the ground before kick off if easier. You'll be fine bringing it in with you as normal though.

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Haha, cheeky buggers doubling the target :fear:

Great efforts everyone.  Things like this are the real meaning of being a "club".

I'm sure when I donated the target was £1500. Saw your reply and thought it'd moved to £3k and thought "wow, maybe they plan to kit out the whole South Stand" but follow the link and see the target is now £1000.

4 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

I been speaking to them on twitter, they have said the wavey flags as in the red and white handheld ones, cost around £15 each.

I bet it would be amazing to do the whole south stand but that is obviously a lot of ££ also quite a few flags continue to go missing. 

After the club gave us all those free scarves against West ham a few years ago, I wonder what the chances are of getting flags sorted for a certain TV Cup match? 

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Wow, take a bow @Olé very generous

Good to see such positive feedback on S82 this season. Think they should be pushing to expand next season. 

The more money raised, the bigger and better the displays!

Assume that's the south Bristol clothing donation? 

1 hour ago, Threshing Red said:

Yes, as James said, we have a good plan for Cardiff. Hope we can involve all of South Stand and Dolman too. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

After the club gave us all those free scarves against West ham a few years ago, I wonder what the chances are of getting flags sorted for a certain TV Cup match? 

It would be good, I hope the club let s82 take control and sort a display, maybe with club money? 

Not for the club to get over excited and do something themselves just as it's united at home.

22 minutes ago, phantom said:

One massive flag reading "We drink cider you drink tea" would go down a treat with the Great British public watching on Sky.

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

Assume that's the south Bristol clothing donation? 

Yep

• Like 5

Can we pin this please. I know this might seem like it's all about the EE but i hope others will realise a good atmosphere is to the benefit of all as well as the players. :)

A fiver is a pint of thatchers and a packet of crisps. We can do it!

40 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Can we pin this please. I know this might seem like it's all about the EE but i hope others will realise a good atmosphere is to the benefit of all as well as the players. :)

A fiver is a pint of thatchers and a packet of crisps. We can do it!

Don't worry, a pin has been agreed but from experience these threads work best in the first couple of days being bumped by genuine messages of support then pinning after to catch those who may have missed it. We will pin it in a day or two :) All of the moderating team are supportive of this initiative and some have donated already.

• Like 1

I've also shared the Just Giving page on the BRISTOL CITY TILL I DIE facebook group to see if some funds can be raised from there too.

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

Don't worry, a pin has been agreed but from experience these threads work best in the first couple of days being bumped by genuine messages of support then pinning after to catch those who may have missed it. We will pin it in a day or two :) All of the moderating team are supportive of this initiative and some have donated already.

Great stuff. Ive put a fair wedge into this just don't want it to fall down the page :)

I've always wanted to buy my own flags etc but when i see some of the ones bought by the lads i realise they are way more creative than me and when i see them in their full glory, i can say i was part of that!

My fav flag was the amigos dos amigos half skull flag that once got an outing. (Think its a tilburg flag) would love a replica full time in the EE. 

• Like 1