IGNORED

Booking fees

wayne allisons tongues

How do booking fees work, just renewed my Membership for 12 months got charged £1 booking fee.

What is it actually for?

Bought one for my son £1 booking fee and one for my 6 year old nephew £1 booking fee plus £5 postage for live in Manchester and not down till Boxing Day so have to pay for water bottle delivery.

I can kind of understand 2 new ones having a booking fee but for renewing don’t understand why it’s all on system already and you don’t get a new card.

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

It's just a scam to add another £1 to every sale.

Just to add some balance here, print at home or games loaded to a members card do not incur a fee. The fee is a handling charge which can be avoided (for home games at least).

And because ticket prices are now stated inclusive of fees, it actually ends up a pound cheaper than the advertised price.

21 minutes ago, Red Bill said:

I hate booking fees.  Its like going into a shop and buying a can of beans for 45p and being told that will be 46p including a fee for selling it to you.  Theatres are the worst offenders.

Much the same as gig/concert tickets I expect. I tried to get a ticket last week for something next Summer, £84 ticket was getting a £9.50 surcharge, and then it was postage of £4.75 on top. So my ticket suddenly was going to cost £98.25. Actually the tickets sold out before I got them, but to be honest I’d already changed my mind anyway

11 hours ago, RedM said:

Much the same as gig/concert tickets I expect. I tried to get a ticket last week for something next Summer, £84 ticket was getting a £9.50 surcharge, and then it was postage of £4.75 on top. So my ticket suddenly was going to cost £98.25. Actually the tickets sold out before I got them, but to be honest I’d already changed my mind anyway

£4.75 postage is ridiculous!  And don't get me started on Ryanair and their "extras".

I was in a bar outside the Oval, went to the bar, purchased a round of drinks, got the bill and was charged a service bill. Suffice to say I got that struck off and have not drank there since. Same principle as above, I buy a ticket and am billed above and beyond for the requirement to hold a ticket. Why not have a credit card reader at the stadium that can recognise your CC details and Allow access. No requirement to print tickets, post tickets or collect in person. Pretty sure if I can do it on airlines this could be achieved.

Archived