IGNORED

The Bristol City v Wolverhampton Wanderers Match Day Thread 25

4 minutes ago, downendcity said:

That, in nutshell, illustrates why Wolves are walking this league.

They can bring a player like  Cavalier on as a sub  when pretty well every team could not afford him as a starter.

True story DC. Was he as good as he looked or did we just not know how to deal with him which contributed?

Cant  recall a sub making as big an impact in ages. Changed the game. 

26 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

You should go on the Wolves forums now. They seriously think they're Barcelona - 'the game was never in doubt' etc. They bought the league. And even then, we matched them

Think you're wrong AG, at least according to this post from the Wolves forum.

When they went down to 10 the gulf in class was obvious; their only chance was through a ludicrous refereeing decision. Man to man, Bristol City didn't deserve to win against a big club like the Wolves.

43 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Wolves were good but we gave it to them in the end .

We lacked a bit of class in the final third today.

A point would have been fairer but credit to the opposition who could have crumbled but kept at it .

Villa expect a backlash ! 

For me you can only get away with square pegs in round holes for so long and tonight we got caught. Having to put a centre backs up front for a target, playing centre backs as full backs. Sooner or later it will get to you. 

Wolves are a premiership team in waiting. 50mil spent and really it showed at their set pieces. Lucky to avoid going one down with their free kick in the first. Unlucky to come off smiths head for their first, but the delivery for the winner was brilliant. Can't blame pack for the delivery. It didn't look like a great goal scoring opportunity. 

Obviously gutted to lose the game in the last minute. We were punished for a few errors by a very good team. The positives are we were far from outplayed, we played our game and individual errors can be learnt from.

Thought it was an excellent advertisement for the Championship, with two footballing teams matching each other all over the pitch and there was a decent referee.

As the year comes to an end I’m a very proud City fan.

2 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Wolves are a premiership team in waiting. 50mil spent and really it showed at their set pieces. Lucky to avoid going one down with their free kick in the first. Unlucky to come off smiths head for their first, but the delivery for the winner was brilliant. Can't blame pack for the delivery. It didn't look like a great goal scoring opportunity. 

and their fans are still *******

Edit Ok censorship   it rhymes with anchors away

Edited by AppyDAZE

Looking at our upcoming fixtures they all look difficult, however my tiny brain calls them actually exciting. We are in semis of league cup and 3rd in table. If someone told me this at the same time last year i would have suggested professional help. No matter what happens we have had one hell of a season to date and I have this feeling the ride will continue. Last year I was one who called for LJ's head however I am happy to admit to being very wrong. In saying that let's not underestimate the influence of DH and J Mc in our good fortunes. I am 58 and attended my first game aged 3 (you do the maths). I've experienced the good times and far more bad times. Make the most of the ride fellow Reds and enjoy. Most of all remember we will lose some games. It's a fact of life.

• Like 4

Today some plays who where mentally tired after a lot of hard games in not many days made mistakes that cost is the game, not the end of the world we where always going to lose at some point, what's important now is we go again and learn from this, also it shows just how much we need so more players we really could have have done some changes today