Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

You Do The Dziekanowski

Favourite chants over the years?

Recommended Posts

No mention for He's only a poor little gashead yet. Has to be one of my favourites when it gets going.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Champion Dung Spreader said:

 So many good songs to choose from. Don't think anyone has mentioned "we love you Johnson because you're fat and round, we love you Johnson you bounce around the ground, we love you Johnson, trust in me when I say ..." Reprise. Nice sleazy tune, easy to sing - remember singing it on freezing cold, Winter evenings in the East End. Probably one of our most tuneful renditions (no real high notes). We used to belt it out - proper loud.

 As mentioned on a previous thread, maybe it can be resurrected with amended lyrics.

Ah yes, that Johnson song was a good one.

There was also the “Johnson says Warnock is a ****” chant from around that time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Offside said:

I also used to like the “Tinman is a sh*thead” chant (he always used to acknowledge it as well).

Not sure exactly when, but there was one game (must have been late 1990s or early 2000s) at AG when City fans made fun of an opposing player’s haircut with the chant “He’s got a pineapple on his head - and he’s sh*t”. Very funny.

Jason Lee . Nottingham Forest 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Offside said:

I also used to like the “Tinman is a sh*thead” chant (he always used to acknowledge it as well).

Not sure exactly when, but there was one game (must have been late 1990s or early 2000s) at AG when City fans made fun of an opposing player’s haircut with the chant “He’s got a pineapple on his head - and he’s sh*t”. Very funny.

Tinman is a s**t head he wears a red white cap

He plays for Bristol City and is a very nice chap

He really hates the Rovers he wishes they were dead

and if he sees a gas head he’ll kick him in the head.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, shelts said:

Jason Lee . Nottingham Forest 

Also remember singing that at Peterborough away when he was there - must have been later in his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Negan said:

Clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap CITY 

 

My favourite crisps are ready salted, ice cream vanilla, colour is beige. 

Surely it’s clap - clap, - clap clap clap, - clap clap clap clap, - City

My favourite crisps are Prosecco, ice cream bacon, colour is taupe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe we lifted it, will have to look again.

Just made me laugh slightly when someone at work last season just before the Wigan home game opening game season asked me if he thought City fans would be singing Will Grigg's on fire as it was in the charts from memory, joining in with it.

Join in with a generic chant that they lifted from us, probably not :laugh:.

Northern Ireland fans sang it well before he went to Wigan.

 

11 hours ago, Champion Dung Spreader said:

 So many good songs to choose from. Don't think anyone has mentioned "we love you Johnson because you're fat and round, we love you Johnson you bounce around the ground, we love you Johnson, trust in me when I say ..." Reprise. Nice sleazy tune, easy to sing - remember singing it on freezing cold, Winter evenings in the East End. Probably one of our most tuneful renditions (no real high notes). We used to belt it out - proper loud.

 As mentioned on a previous thread, maybe it can be resurrected with amended lyrics.

That was AP who is know in Australia.  Eastender as was known used to come up with new songs each season.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Die Hard Red said:

Back in the old days when we weren’t so snowflake precious about being called ‘Bristol’, we used to chant ‘Brrristol’ (clap clap clap) from the East End and I fekkin’ loved it. Sadly nowadays we seem to just always whine and moan about commentators calling us ‘Bristol’ and the magnificent chant is long gone. 

It was BURRR RISS STTOLLL. Regular seventies eighties thing off the train. used to get the hairs on the neck standing up because it was chanted with venom behind it.

Edited by Three Lions
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this one too. I think we should bring it back the way Man Utd do it, with “u- in- ted”.

So rather than the clap clap clap between, the other half give it another BURR RISS STTOLL with a load of fist pumping! Quite loud and effective I reckon. You can put it on the end of chants like they do below too.

 

https://youtu.be/xnjL3HewKeA

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

No mention for He's only a poor little gashead yet. Has to be one of my favourites when it gets going.

Or even The Monkees Daydream Believer over the PA when Holloway turns up so that we can sing the correct words.  All together now........

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Come on you reds!!"

Sung just before we take a a corner, starting in one part of the ground with repeats from other areas. And then we score from the corner.

Has happened once in my life I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who are we singing is on fire, was Freeman then Leko both gone so who is it now as I assume we will sing this tomorrow night at some point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tinman is a sh!thead,

He wears a red and white cap

He plays for Bristol City, and he is a very nice chap

He really hates the Rovers, he wishes they were dead,

And if he sees a gashead...he'll kick 'im in the 'ed! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Champion Dung Spreader said:

 So many good songs to choose from. Don't think anyone has mentioned "we love you Johnson because you're fat and round, we love you Johnson you bounce around the ground, we love you Johnson, trust in me when I say ..." Reprise. Nice sleazy tune, easy to sing - remember singing it on freezing cold, Winter evenings in the East End. Probably one of our most tuneful renditions (no real high notes). We used to belt it out - proper loud.

 As mentioned on a previous thread, maybe it can be resurrected with amended lyrics.

New Version

 

We love you Johnson

Youre only 5ft 3 

We love you Johnson 

Youll take us to the Europa League 

We love Johonson

Trust I me when I say....

 

repeat 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What strikes me is how many chants mentioned on this thread are about giving someone a hiding, rather than about Bristol City. I've often felt that this is one of the biggest barriers to the whole of AG joining in, as the vast majority of people don't want to sing about how their Dad is a **** and how he can **** off.

My biggest issue is the line about the gas in 'Drink Up'. Liverpool don't sing about Everton in 'Never Walk Alone', West Ham aren't slagging off Millwall in 'I'm forever blowing bubbles', so why do we sully a great Wurzles song with their name?

4 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

A short-lived favourite

There's only one Martin Woolford

One Martin Woolford

He used to be SHITE

But now he's ALRIGHT

Walking in a Woolford wonderland.....

I love this. That dink vs Cardiff

Edited by Welcome To The Jungle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Also remember singing that at Peterborough away when he was there - must have been later in his career.

Yes he had a go at the Posh . Wasn’t terrible but wasn’t brilliant!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread has brought back some great memories..."Super Bob" is the best for me.

The funniest one this season, though, was at the Leeds game:

"He's one of your own, he's one of your own, Jimmy Savile, he's one of your own"

Quality!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mattjtsmith said:

As if you've not been asked enough questions this week....your message got me thinking. How well do the players hear the songs whilst focussed on the game, do they talk about them in the changing rooms etc? Always wondered what it's like if you don't like your own chant for example! 

It's no problem. You definitely hear it if it's your name being sung. Players don't tend to talk about the songs but in my opinion every football player gets a rush of confidence when 10-20,000 people are singing your name. I've been quite blessed throughout my career as I've always enjoyed the songs sung about me. Especially when they tend go something like "Michael McIndoe he's the greatest player ever ever ever..!" :rofl2br::rofl2br:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael McIndoe said:

It's no problem. You definitely hear it if it's your name being sung. Players don't tend to talk about the songs but in my opinion every football player gets a rush of confidence when 10-20,000 people are singing your name. I've been quite blessed throughout my career as I've always enjoyed the songs sung about me. Especially when they tend go something like "Michael McIndoe he's the greatest player ever ever ever..!" :rofl2br::rofl2br:

Haha, interesting. You'll be glad to know that in between my message and your reply I googled your chants. This forum thread should give you a few giggles (A lesson in OTIB 'expect what you said 10 years ago to be seen by the players themselves')

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

New Version

 

We love you Johnson

Youre only 5ft 3 

We love you Johnson 

Youll take us to the Europa League 

We love Johonson

Trust I me when I say....

 

repeat 

this is the best I can think of:

"We love you Johnson you drank Mourinho's wine, we love you Johnson you bounce along the line, we love you Johnson trust in me when I say ..." Repeat ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything pre-2000 

Anything Wurzels related (eg "I am a cider drinker")

Anything area specific (eg "Natch, cider in a can")

Anything City player specific (eg "Flint said no")

 

Easily pleased eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/01/2018 at 22:00, Die Hard Red said:

Back in the old days when we weren’t so snowflake precious about being called ‘Bristol’, we used to chant ‘Brrristol’ (clap clap clap) from the East End and I fekkin’ loved it. Sadly nowadays we seem to just always whine and moan about commentators calling us ‘Bristol’ and the magnificent chant is long gone. 

I remember it sporadically in late 90s and maybe a bit later. Not for years though!

Another I recall- isn't elaborate or grand, but can get crowd going a bit.

C then everyone shouts C

I then everyone shouts I

T then everyone shouts T

Y then everyone shouts Y

Everyone in unison "CITY" *clap clap clap* "CITY" *clap clap clap* 

Rinse and repeat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I remember it sporadically in late 90s and maybe a bit later. Not for years though!

Another I recall- isn't elaborate or grand, but can get crowd going a bit.

C then everyone shouts C

I then everyone shouts I

T then everyone shouts T

Y then everyone shouts Y

Everyone in unison "CITY" *clap clap clap* "CITY" *clap clap clap* 

Rinse and repeat

Copyright of Man's head.....!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny chant back in the east end, remember definitely singing against reading at home when we were awful and losing most weeks:

 

let's pretend, let's pretend, let's pretend we scored a goal... cue everyone going mental and the usual surge of netters heading towards the away fans!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One that popped into my head today, and maybe appropriate given our good form;

We're going to Division one ( now Premier League) we're going to the top.
We're better than United and we're louder than the Cop.
Our name is Bristol City and we play at Ashton Gate,
So come on all you City fans and sing and celebrate !
la la , la la la la etc !!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about this one from back in the day... Sorry if mentioned before 

I hear the sound... Clap clap clap.. Clap clap clap..

Of distant bums... Clap cc... Ccc 

Over there, over there (rhythmic arm waving/pointing)

And do they smell Ccc Ccc 

Like f......g hell Ccc Ccc 

Over there over there.... 

If my memory serves me right!!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in the day when we had to play in the shite league the Gas are currently in, we beat Grimsby 4-1. I still find the chants that day hilarious: “you’re shit and you stink of fish, you’re shit and you stink of fish...” and “come in a trawler - you must have come in a trawler, come in a trawler - you must have come in a trawler..”. 

 

Thank god we don’t have to play Grimsby anymore. 

Edited by LilRascal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, LilRascal said:

Back in the day when we had to play in the shite league the Gas are currently in, we beat Grimsby 4-1. I still find the chants that day hilarious: “you’re shit and you stink of fish, you’re shit and you stink of fish...” and “come in a trawler - you must have come in a trawler, come in a trawler - you must have come in a trawler..”. 

 

Thank god we don’t have to play Grimsby anymore. 

Why it’s a lovely place...

 

and the local ladies are easy on the eye :yawn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..and on Tuesday night, confusing the Man City fans with a mass chorus of "Johnson's Paint Trophy - you'll never win that"...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...