IGNORED

Possibly Something Special Happening Here

Port Said Red

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Flint or Mangala ?

Baker Or Mangala ?

Crazy

Goes back to the OP doesn't it. We're enjoying being able to watch a tight-knit group of honest blokes playing football in an attractive and exciting manner.  That we had a CB pair of (1) a bloke who started at Alfreton and laid tarmac on the side and (2) a Villa reject whom Bruce determined would be no threat if sold and they made Mangala and Stones - both full internationals - look poor is incredible.

Add to that an exciting and dynamic midfield, Bristol born players all over the pitch...I could go on.

Cannot wait to see what we can do against Norwich.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Goes back to the OP doesn't it. We're enjoying being able to watch a tight-knit group of honest blokes playing football in an attractive and exciting manner.  That we had a CB pair of (1) a bloke who started at Alfreton and laid tarmac on the side and (2) a Villa reject whom Bruce determined would be no threat if sold and they made Mangala and Stones - both full internationals - look poor is incredible.

Add to that an exciting and dynamic midfield, Bristol born players all over the pitch...I could go on.

Cannot wait to see what we can do against Norwich.

Now that is massive game for us(In thecontext of this season)

:thumbsup:

Hope the red army is ready to ‘go again’ Saturday as the players may need us even more than they did last night (I’ve invested in 3 bottles of throat syrup ;))

COYR :clapping::city:

Looking at the quality Man City had sitting on their bench last night highlights the quality of the starting eleven... Such luxury!

Then look at the quality we had out there last night, heroes to a man, then think of the quality that will be sitting on our bench soon, beside new recruits what about the quality soon to return to fitness from injury (as good as several new signings) ...

Wow Bristol City, make no mistake, we are a genuine force to be reckoned with....'no longer just potentially ......

We Are Here, ..We Are Now, .. & WE ARE GETTING BETTER EVERY DAY.  :city:

3 hours ago, Robin TBW said:

Can't help thinking if we don't get promoted how many of these players will be gone next season though? Mid and lower level Premier League sides have seen us compete against five Premier League sides this season now and big money offers will happen.

That's what I think. That's why we've got to make it happen this season. We want to keep ALL these players.

15 minutes ago, Beckster said:

That's what I think. That's why we've got to make it happen this season. We want to keep ALL these players.

Definitely do alas if we dont go up i can see a few leaving . In the cup we have shown most of the prem up (not only the teams we beat the way we are playing has shown up most of the rest). For me this is the best city side ive watched even with all the injuries! I am enjoying this season immensely, though part of me thinks what would be if we didnt have such a bad injury list! 

From the dross of last season and wanting LJ gone you have to admire what him and the club have achieved and continue to do long may it continue!

4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

We are on a 4 match losing run and some are saying how good we are, I think we need a reality check, promising for the future yes, but still a lot of work to be done with the squad.

Villa? 

If you look at those losses individually with a tiny bit of depth there is a fair reason for all of them - Wolves (best team in the league), Villa (too many games in a short space of time), Watford (fringe and youth players throughout the team), Man C (best team in the country).

None of those losses point to any bigger problem than our squad isn't big enough to sustain performances 3 times a week.

6 minutes ago, Pezo said:

If you look at those losses individually with a tiny bit of depth there is a fair reason for all of them - Wolves (best team in the league), Villa (too many games in a short space of time), Watford (fringe and youth players throughout the team), Man C (best team in the country).

None of those losses point to any bigger problem than our squad isn't big enough to sustain performances 3 times a week.

Yes I know I have run all those variables through my head and it still adds up to four on the trot losses. 

I agree that it is not a typical set of fixtures but let's just be a little grounded, I am sure Lee and Co are.

19 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

We are on a 4 match losing run and some are saying how good we are, I think we need a reality check, promising for the future yes, but still a lot of work to be done with the squad.

Villa? 

Seriously can the mods ban this loon?

we could be in wolves’ position and it’ll all be FFP will bite us on the arse, the players don’t care about the club, we’re not good enough for the prem. 

Never has anything positive to say. 

15 hours ago, reddogkev said:

We'll now all know it as Bristol Total Football - has a nice ring to it.

Can we please stop all this.... feet on the ground or we just could fall over a cliff. We have won nothing as yet,  we are not Barcelona just yet, we have a bright future with the way the club and the management want this club to proceed, but let's not jump the gun. 

6 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Seriously can the mods ban this loon?

we could be in wolves’ position and it’ll all be FFP will bite us on the arse, the players don’t care about the club, we’re not good enough for the prem. 

Never has anything positive to say. 

What an idiot thing to say, I love this club  more than you can ever know, but we are work in progress, not me that's the Loon you get carried away I will wait and see where this team can take us, and we do need more quality.

Asking for someone to be banned, what a creep you are. 

19 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

That's why I said we need to work on the squad, four losses which ever way we dress it up. 

Or if we make it a city vs city competition...

* Man Utd & Man City  versus  Bristol City (theres only one team in Bristol of course)

The current score after two matches between the two city's is:

* MANCHESTER 3   BRISTOL 3 

in anyone's language (even yours) THAT AINT BAD!!!

:city:

Or if we look at the cup run... (forgetting  the first round 5nil thrashing of Plymouth)

Bristol City vs The Premier League

City scores.1st

3-2

2-0

4-1

2-1

1-2

Total Goals City v Prem

12 - 6

(+6 goal diff vs Prem teams)

COYR's

3 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

What an idiot thing to say, I love this club  more than you can ever know, but we are work in progress, not me that's the Loon you get carried away I will wait and see where this team can take us, and we do need more quality.

Asking for someone to be banned, what a creep you are. 

When was the last positive post you made?

we have just taken arguably the best team in the world. Yes, on this planet, the one with millions of football teams. Little ol’ Bristol City took the game to them and forced errors and it took a 90+ minute goal for them to win. 

And all you have to say is we’ve lost 4 on the bounce. 

Unbelievable. :facepalm:

Cheer up for gods sake, it could be a hell of a lot worse right now.

1 minute ago, WhistleHappy said:

* Man Utd & Man City  versus  Bristol City (theres only one team in Bristol of course)

Yep the kid's could make a real good game of that.

2 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

When was the last positive post you made?

we have just taken arguably the best team in the world. Yes, on this planet, the one with millions of football teams. Little ol’ Bristol City took the game to them and forced errors and it took a 90+ minute goal for them to win. 

And all you have to say is we’ve lost 4 on the bounce. 

Unbelievable. :facepalm:

Cheer up for gods sake, it could be a hell of a lot worse right now.

You go over the top, I won't until we get promotion, of course I am loving the Cup run, but my fears the cup run could scupper the promotion push.

5 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

And we were against 22 players!

We are a very good side but I feel this side with injuries coming back, young talented players coming up through the ranks can be a great side. We are a work in progress along with the whole Bristol Sport, within 3 years we should have a new training facility, a new arena next to the gate :) feeling proud of what’s been achieved and what can be achieved in the future. 

COYR

44 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

You go over the top, I won't until we get promotion, of course I am loving the Cup run, but my fears the cup run could scupper the promotion push.

I’m not and many others aren’t going over the top. Just enjoying (something it seems you struggle with) the moment, no point getting caught up in promotion, winning the league cup etc. Take each game as it comes and enjoy what is a remarkable season. I don’t expect to get promoted. Didn’t at the start of the season, don’t now. 

It’s a difficult league to get out of and there are at least 8 very strong teams trying to do it.

Why should I not enjoy a good performance against the best (that’s what we all want for the club). Football can chop and change too much to get downheartened by a couple of defeats. 

Please for the remainder of the season hop in to the Cider Submarine and enjoy the build up to each game, get excited about the prospect of a major cup final. If we don’t get promoted it’s not the end of the world, top players will look at us as candidates for promotion with a young manager who has appealing tactics. 

Yes a loss is is frustrating but you always have the next game to put it right. 

Up the shaggin’ reds 

Sometimes it’s not so much what’s sad as how it’s said or, as appears to be the case on this occasion, by whom it’s said.

I’m as thrilled and positive as anyone by what’s happening, but to be scrupulously fair to the individual in question, facts are facts and he does have a point.

For all the glory and media exposure associated with the cup run, it’s ultimately the league form that matters most to me and I think when push comes to shove the majority of fans feel similarly. The elation is understandable and nobody wants to pee on someone else’s fireworks, but we have lost our last two league games to close rivals. Hugely extenuating circumstances in both cases: we had the game by the throat against Wolves and let it slip, with the help of a fairly uncharacteristic rush of blood from Frankie, and everyone accepts the players were exhausted at Villa.

However, we do need a good result on Saturday to consolidate our position in the Championship and it’s to be hoped that the feel good factor and momentum from last night can be carried into that game, otherwise the ever-present, nagging, background concern that the EFLC is extracting too high a price in terms of its impact on our promotion ambitions will come to the fore. The lads were quite magnificent last night, but I was very aware of how lightweight our bench looked and it remains the case that LK still has little option but to select pretty much the same starting eleven for Norwich. 

1 minute ago, CliftonCliff said:

Sometimes it’s not so much what’s sad as how it’s said or, as appears to be the case on this occasion, by whom it’s said.

I’m as thrilled and positive as anyone by what’s happening, but to be scrupulously fair to the individual in question, facts are facts and he does have a point.

For all the glory and media exposure associated with the cup run, it’s ultimately the league form that matters most to me and I think when push comes to shove the majority of fans feel similarly. The elation is understandable and nobody wants to pee on someone else’s fireworks, but we have lost our last two league games to close rivals. Hugely extenuating circumstances in both cases: we had the game by the throat against Wolves and let it slip, with the help of a fairly uncharacteristic rush of blood from Frankie, and everyone accepts the players were exhausted at Villa.

However, we do need a good result on Saturday to consolidate our position in the Championship and it’s to be hoped that the feel good factor and momentum from last night can be carried into that game, otherwise the ever-present, nagging, background concern that the EFLC is extracting too high a price in terms of its impact on our promotion ambitions will come to the fore. The lads were quite magnificent last night, but I was very aware of how lightweight our bench looked and it remains the case that LK still has little option but to select pretty much the same starting e

There we reasons for those 2 defeats that we as supporters could see only too clearly. I still think that the players returning from injury will give us a huge boost from the end of January onwards. Rotation of the players in the system we play is absolutely vital, we need quality in numbers.

1 minute ago, CliftonCliff said:

However, we do need a good result on Saturday to consolidate our position in the Championship and it’s to be hoped that the feel good factor and momentum from last night can be carried into that game, otherwise the ever-present, nagging, background concern that the EFLC is extracting too high a price in terms of its impact on our promotion ambitions will come to the fore. The lads were quite magnificent last night, but I was very aware of how lightweight our bench looked and it remains the case that LK still has little option but to select pretty much the same starting e

Do you not begin to believe though that if progress is sustained or maintained  that we will get promotion at some point ?

Purely personally I am absolutely loving what’s going on right now and enjoying and savouring every moment and in particular the way we are doing it

So proud to be a red right now 

Personally Im not going to get too stressed about our ultimate fate this season, I’m not sure there needs to be a rush or panic to get to the ‘Promised Land’ - I’m just bloody enjoying the journey 

My one worry would be losing some massively cogs in the wheel in terms of Flint , Bryan etc as cash in the bank or not I think it would be extremely tough to replace these two in particular Bobby too possibly - our recruitment / reinvestment would be under real pressure to deliver and would need to be spot on

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

There we reasons for those 2 defeats that we as supporters could see only too clearly. I still think that the players returning from injury will give us a huge boost from the end of January onwards. Rotation of the players in the system we play is absolutely vital, we need quality in numbers.

Absolutely. We’re singing from the same hymn sheet,  as would have perhaps been clearer if my iPad hadn’t frozen and prevented me from rounding off my post.

11 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

However, we do need a good result on Saturday to consolidate our position in the Championship and it’s to be hoped that the feel good factor and momentum from last night can be carried into that game, otherwise the ever-present, nagging, background concern that the EFLC is extracting too high a price in terms of its impact on our promotion ambitions will come to the fore. The lads were quite magnificent last night, but I was very aware of how lightweight our bench looked and it remains the case that LK still has little option but to select pretty much the same starting eleven for Norwich. 

I agree to an extent, and it depends how you look at it.

If you're totally pragmatic about it - obviously the league is the priority of the club. We're far more likely to be promoted than win any cup competition and the financial rewards are massive.

But football isn't just about pragmatism. Being a football supporter is for moments like the United game. You couldn't really have scripted it better with a last minute winner. That's a football memory anyone present and all of the players will remember for all time.

In the future 'the United game' and 'Korey Smith's goal' will be talked about for many years, the same as Tinnion at Anfield. It's these sort of moments that make football such a compelling sport. 

I totally agree with you that we need results in the league too, and i'm worried about Saturday's game against a very able Norwich side.

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Do you not begin to believe though that if progress is sustained or maintained  that we will get promotion at some point ?

Purely personally I am absolutely loving what’s going on right now and enjoying and savouring every moment and in particular the way we are doing it

So proud to be a red right now 

Personally Im not going to get too stressed about our ultimate fate this season, I’m not sure there needs to be a rush or panic to get to the ‘Promised Land’ - I’m just bloody enjoying the journey 

My one worry would be losing some massively cogs in the wheel in terms of Flint , Bryan etc as cash in the bank or not I think it would be extremely tough to replace these two in particular Bobby too possibly - our recruitment / reinvestment would be under real pressure to deliver and would need to be spot on

Again, I largely agree, with the qualification that I’m a little less sanguine than you about our fate this season. In elite professional sport,  opportunities don’t always come around twice. If we miss out this year, it will still have been a terrific season, and I too have increasing faith in the project and the staff who are driving it forward, but were we to fail to make the playoffs, I think there would remain a sense of a chance missed. But of course I’m entirely with you in enjoying the ride. Fifty plus years of being a supporter and this is right up there with the best that’s ever happened.

Archived