IGNORED

Possibly Something Special Happening Here

Port Said Red

31 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I’m not and many others aren’t going over the top. Just enjoying (something it seems you struggle with) the moment, no point getting caught up in promotion, winning the league cup etc. Take each game as it comes and enjoy what is a remarkable season. I don’t expect to get promoted. Didn’t at the start of the season, don’t now. 

It’s a difficult league to get out of and there are at least 8 very strong teams trying to do it.

Why should I not enjoy a good performance against the best (that’s what we all want for the club). Football can chop and change too much to get downheartened by a couple of defeats. 

Please for the remainder of the season hop in to the Cider Submarine and enjoy the build up to each game, get excited about the prospect of a major cup final. If we don’t get promoted it’s not the end of the world, top players will look at us as candidates for promotion with a young manager who has appealing tactics. 

Yes a loss is is frustrating but you always have the next game to put it right. 

Up the shaggin’ reds 

:city:

Not going OTT. OTIB ? Ha!

Of course you should enjoy a performance, but we didn't win, or even draw, we lost, all this gutsy Bristol City crap, I hate it, I don't want to be a Giant Killer I want to be the Giant. And I can assure you we can only be the Giant if we all stop acting like we are a small club with a small club mentality, the media's under dog Darling's. if you will. There is change afoot, I sense it, but  it is very much the start of the revolution, let's not get carried away just yet is all I am saying.

29 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Sometimes it’s not so much what’s sad as how it’s said or, as appears to be the case on this occasion, by whom it’s said.

I’m as thrilled and positive as anyone by what’s happening, but to be scrupulously fair to the individual in question, facts are facts and he does have a point.

For all the glory and media exposure associated with the cup run, it’s ultimately the league form that matters most to me and I think when push comes to shove the majority of fans feel similarly. The elation is understandable and nobody wants to pee on someone else’s fireworks, but we have lost our last two league games to close rivals. Hugely extenuating circumstances in both cases: we had the game by the throat against Wolves and let it slip, with the help of a fairly uncharacteristic rush of blood from Frankie, and everyone accepts the players were exhausted at Villa.

However, we do need a good result on Saturday to consolidate our position in the Championship and it’s to be hoped that the feel good factor and momentum from last night can be carried into that game, otherwise the ever-present, nagging, background concern that the EFLC is extracting too high a price in terms of its impact on our promotion ambitions will come to the fore. The lads were quite magnificent last night, but I was very aware of how lightweight our bench looked and it remains the case that LK still has little option but to select pretty much the same starting eleven for Norwich. 

Well put Clifton

4 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

Not going OTT. OTIB ? Ha!

Of course you should enjoy a performance, but we didn't win, or even draw, we lost, all this gutsy Bristol City crap, I hate it, I don't want to be a Giant Killer I want to be the Giant. And I can assure you we can only be the Giant if we all stop acting like we are a small club with a small club mentality, the media's under dog Darling's. if you will. There is change afoot, I sense it, but  it is very much the start of the revolution, let's not get carried away just yet is all I am saying.

That’s what we all want for the club but it’s extremely unlikely we’ll ever get to Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea status in our lifetimes, that’s why I say enjoy the journey rather than the end prize. After all the journey makes the end prize

Archived