IGNORED

Trouble at Athletic Bilbao v Spartak Moscow

Lanterne Rouge

6 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Russian corruption cost England the 2018 World Cup and Bristol City the Ashton Vale 40,000 seater stadium.

Go there and you let your club and country down.

COYR

I’m glad we didn’t get Ashton Vale, imagine the dross we’ve produced the last few seasons playing in a 40,000 stadium? this season we wouldn’t even get 40k in and we’ve played some great football and great clubs too! Also Ashton Gate is our home and it looks bloody beautiful as ever now

11 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The implied state sanctioning of the Russians in France last summer was quite sinister.

I've heard from a few people that it wasn't quite the one sided beating the media made it out to be though..

A lot of the Russian stories in our media are incredibly bias. The West love to paint a picture of the “big nasty Russians” in any of its media (not just the football hoolies). There is a continual narrative of “the Russians are coming”, to ensure our people always view them as bad versus us being good. Propagandist in the extreme. Don’t believe all that you read. 

Apparently most of the problems were caused by the Bilbao fans - a group of which are part of a Basque separatist faction. It was the locals who were throwing the fireworks, not the Russians, and in the videos available, it’s the Basques who are launching the attack on the bar containing the Spartak fans. 

The Russians of course were not totally innocent in these scenes, but the reason for the death of the policeman through a heart attack from the firework attack, is actually the locals to blame not the Russians. 

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

A lot of the Russian stories in our media are incredibly bias. The West love to paint a picture of the “big nasty Russians” in any of its media (not just the football hoolies). There is a continual narrative of “the Russians are coming”, to ensure our people always view them as bad versus us being good. Propagandist in the extreme. Don’t believe all that you read. 

Yes, I got the impression there were organised French gangs too (by the reports of people who were there and Stan Collymore (?))

13 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The implied state sanctioning of the Russians in France last summer was quite sinister.

I've heard from a few people that it wasn't quite the one sided beating the media made it out to be though..

The sheer number of england fans meant that it was definately not as one sided as made out.  But it was the organisation of the Russians and the fact they were happy to attack anyone on their own that made it scary. I did read about one russian hooligan bigging up a milwall contingent after the Russians came unsuck against them though. 

57 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Yes, I got the impression there were organised French gangs too (by the reports of people who were there and Stan Collymore (?))

First night we were ambushed by a french gang coming out of a side street throwing flares at the bar we were in. To be fair they were chased off pretty quickly by a barrage of chairs being thrown in their direction. I'm not going to lie....ive often derided the plastic chair throwing gang but ive never been happier to see it - Without it they would have riped straight through us.

It was an interesting weekend to say the least.

Archived