IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

Looks like a chance of snow Thursday and Friday in Bristol area , good chance it will come to nothing . But maybe potential of games being called off over the weekend . We all know how cautious the health and safety folk are these days . But definitely going to be a few layers sort of day Saturday Whatever.

3 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Get the under soil heating on

There’s no danger of our pitch being unplayable. If games do get called off it’ll be because of the danger to suppprters in and around the stadiums. I imagine the vast majority of fixtures will have no real threat of postponement. 

18 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

There’s no danger of our pitch being unplayable. If games do get called off it’ll be because of the danger to suppprters in and around the stadiums. I imagine the vast majority of fixtures will have no real threat of postponement. 

I agree with the first part of your post, but I suspect there may be some frozen pitches in the lower leagues, although with the amount of notice they have had you would hope they have taken precautions. 

Aren't some parts of the country due heavy falls?

4 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I agree with the first part of your post, but I suspect there may be some frozen pitches in the lower leagues, although with the amount of notice they have had you would hope they have taken precautions. 

Aren't some parts of the country due heavy falls?

Yeah sorry I meant in the Championship, I expect there could be a fair few L1/L2 games off. 

3 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

your thinking of 95/96 slippery Saturday v rovers definitely worst ever underfoot 

I'm sure it wasn't that one. I would have missed the 95/96 game at Uni. 

Although I could be wrong. 

I'll look up the date as I may have been home for a holidays. 

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Wasn’t there a home game under McInnes (I have Watford in mind for some reason) that was called off about quarter of an hour before kick off?

Boxing Day rain storm. Spent ages mopping the pitch. Watford were on fire at the time, they would have slaughtered us. Didn’t we beat them in the rearranged match

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Yep, by the time of the rearranged game McInnes had gone and SO'D was in charge, and we won.

We won 2-0. They played a lot of second string players and totally underestimated us and were accused of not taking the game seriously. IIRC it was our first clean sheet of the season and it pissed down all night almost as bad as when the first game was called off.

Archived