IGNORED

Eddie Jones

GrahamC

Not a follower of rugby at all, but I read this morning he said he was physically & verbally assaulted as he made his way home from the Scotland England match.

Presumably this means all of those who attended will have to pick up their tickets next year from a service station 50 miles away, all the pubs will be closed off and the police will spend the entire match filming the crowd?

I mean, fair’s fair, we wouldn’t want the impression that certain sports are treated totally differently or the fact that you are English in Wales was justification for completely different treatment, would we?

22 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not a follower of rugby at all, but I read this morning he said he was physically & verbally assaulted as he made his way home from the Scotland England match.

Presumably this means all of those who attended will have to pick up their tickets next year from a service station 50 miles away, all the pubs will be closed off and the police will spend the entire match filming the crowd?

I mean, fair’s fair, we wouldn’t want the impression that certain sports are treated totally differently or the fact that you are English in Wales was justification for completely different treatment, would we?

TBF its acceptable to be racist towards England in the Media..

You get morons following every sport. Jones would probably admit that he's a WUM and loves his pound shop mind games so sadly I'm not surprised that there are idiots who'd want to give him a bit back. It's totally unacceptable though and a shame that the head coach of the England rugby team doesn't want to use public transport any more.

1 hour ago, B1ackbird said:

Just imagine it English people had abused the Scotland manager like that. They would have been arrested for sure by now and labelled as fascist. 

Problem is that Scotland has always played second fiddle to England in both football and rugby and your average Scot hates that fact. 

They get fired up and start crowing on the rare occasions that they beat England in either sport and the hostile treatment of Eddie Jones unfortunately reflects that.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Problem is that Scotland has always played second fiddle to England in both football and rugby and your average Scot hates that fact. 

They get fired up and start crowing on the rare occasions that they beat England in either sport and the hostile treatment of Eddie Jones unfortunately reflects that.

Very much like the rovers 

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Super said:

What do you expect from that lot? Strange that he was travelling back alone in standard class!

It was on a train to Manchester, where he was a guest of Fergie, the hilarious thing the reports stated rugby AND football fans...

59 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Appalling behaviour by those who abused him.

It's one thing to be very disappointed when you lose. I am.

But there are lines over which one should not go especially where sport is concerned.

Jones was abused and assaulted by Scottish fans, not English.

2 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Absolutely.  There is racism and there is racism.  Apparently.

English isn't a race though so whilst you might have a point, people will get their backs up if you start using those terms. Doesn't bother me like, just saying.

5 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

English isn't a race though so whilst you might have a point, people will get their backs up if you start using those terms. Doesn't bother me like, just saying.

OK It's OK To be ethnically opposed to the English in the media...

:clapping:

It’s ok for a scottish international, Simon Bergman (not even Scottish) to state that everyone hates the English and Gavin Hastings to state that he wants to rub Eddie Jones nose in the dirt. Their comments are stoking the fire of the anti English feelings that are deemed acceptable by the majority of the media. If the BBC had any guts they would never allow them to work for them again and Bergman should be made to apologise; won’t hppen.

Gavin Hastings is an ambassador for Land Rover cars, o wonder what they think of his views?

6 hours ago, GrahamC said:

....and this after Eddie posed for photos with them.  What a bunch of tossers.

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Scotland has 1/10 of the population. Seriously, what is your ******* problem?

It annoys me that this is the way rugby is going. You've got players complaining at referees, even calling for cards and feigning head injuries which rarely if ever used to happen. Coaches like Gatland and Jones using pound shop mind games and taking cheap shots at other teams and players in the media and now this.

12 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

This must be fake news

Rugby fans are holier than thou They wouldnt do such things would they?

Most of been those horrible Celtic or Rangers fans making out to be Rugger boys

Too busy necking a pint of piss, with their trousers around the ankles.

Archived