IGNORED

The Bristol City FC v Sheffield Wednesday FC Match Day Thread 35

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm always happy for discussion and debate.

The point, again going back to @tinman85, is that as soon as you point to evidence that doesn't tally with whatever claim he is making, he runs off and doesn't engage in the debate.

If he had the courage in his conviction to try and debate these things rather than starting numerous threads himself, stating the same things in different ways yet never countering someone who provides a counter argument, then I'd have more respect-and time- for him.

It's incredibly difficult to debate with some people who will not accept the slightest of criticism or questioning of LJ.

I for one did not expect the general level of performance that we had up to QPR at home and for that I am extremely happy and impressed, what I did expect and it has occurred is the long lasting dip in form but hoping we would see a different LJ who has suffered these huge slumps in his managerial career, an LJ who can actually demonstrate a cogent plan B to get us out of the said slump and so far I am seeing the similar LJ response of just lumping ridiculous long high balls to a striker who has little or no back up from his midfield and barely registering a shot on target game after game.

I am seeing a manager who even in this slump prefers to play certain under performing players virtually every week.

This is my hope for today, firstly I hope we win, I always do even when SOD was in charge, because it ***** my weekend up when we lose, my prediction is yet another not very pretty affair with us not producing much in the way of attacking flair or shots on target and free kicks that are more likely to end up in the car park than on target, defensively under pressure because Magnússon is weak in more physical games, Pisano cannot be fully fit and will probably have to rely on Paterson who defensively weak in any sort of game.

Personally I expect  draw at best.

But my caveat as always is, this is BCFC and anything could happen and all of the above that I am expecting to happen will be turned up on it's head and of course I hope that it is, why?, because I have never had the need to be correct but like to be able to hold my personal opinion without LJ fundamentalists becoming offended.

13 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Nice to see Pisano back, in a way, but can he be fully match fit? Even if he’s physically fit, the timing and positional play can’t be 100% after so long out and no sub appearances to get up to speed. Probably no alternative due to injuries 

Especially when the injury was sustained when he seemed to be rushed back due to a lack of options last time!

Cant understand criticism of LJ - we are further up the league than most expected at the start of the season, we had the huge excitement of beating Man Utd and we took Man City, who are nailed on for the double all the way over two legs. Injuries, suspensions and a few tactical errors have cost us but still in the mix and what a season it has been. Looking onl;y up!

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

NUTTER WATCH!

Just seen some bloke wearing shorts and a hoody.

The circle is complete.

Buster would be out in nothing but his usual t-shirt today 

1 minute ago, megansdad said:

Cant understand criticism of LJ - we are further up the league than most expected at the start of the season, we had the huge excitement of beating Man Utd and we took Man City, who are nailed on for the double all the way over two legs. Injuries, suspensions and a few tactical errors have cost us but still in the mix and what a season it has been. Looking onl;y up!

Criticism/critique should be ever present. 

Whether positive or negative. 

We're playing poorly. Good to discuss why. 

47 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I like that team, probably our strongest available side on balance although i'm not a huge fan of Magnússon and Flint together. Good news that Diedhiou isn't injured. 

I fancy us to win 3-1. Flint, Bryan and Diony with the goals.

I thought this was a serious post, until I got to the last 4 words..! 

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

It's incredibly difficult to debate with some people who will not accept the slightest of criticism or questioning of LJ.

I for one did not expect the general level of performance that we had up to QPR at home and for that I am extremely happy and impressed, what I did expect and it has occurred is the long lasting dip in form but hoping we would see a different LJ who has suffered these huge slumps in his managerial career, an LJ who can actually demonstrate a cogent plan B to get us out of the said slump and so far I am seeing the similar LJ response of just lumping ridiculous long high balls to a striker who has little or no back up from his midfield and barely registering a shot on target game after game.

I am seeing a manager who even in this slump prefers to play certain under performing players virtually every week.

This is my hope for today, firstly I hope we win, I always do even when SOD was in charge, because it ***** my weekend up when we lose, my prediction is yet another not very pretty affair with us not producing much in the way of attacking flair or shots on target and free kicks that are more likely to end up in the car park than on target, defensively under pressure because Magnússon is weak in more physical games, Pisano cannot be fully fit and will probably have to rely on Paterson who defensively weak in any sort of game.

But my caveat as always is, this is BCFC and anything could happen and all of the above that I am expecting to happen will be turned up on it's head and of course I hope that it is, why?, because I have never had the need to be correct but like to be able to hold my personal opinion without LJ fundamentalists becoming offended.

Isn't it gonna be brownhill in front of Pisano rather than Paterson? Don't let the facts get in the way of a good whinge though.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I think I'm one who often disagrees with you Es.

I wont address all your points here as some (Pisano) need the match to happen before an educated view can actually be formed (the only ones knowing exactly how fit he is will be him, the physios and the coaches) but RE LJ picking largely the same players each week at the moment, he has little choice because of the injuries and (for the last 2 games) Packs suspension.

The only area we really have any depth is our strikers with Diedhiou, Reid, Engvall, Woodrow and Diony all fit.

I have been professing giving the players time or not writing them off quick (still think Diony will prove his worth this season) but there's a definite drop off in quality there.

LJ certainly has got things wrong a few times recently, like not using Mags as a CB for the first 2 games of Bakers suspension, and like yourself I hope things turn around soo. I'm more optimistic about today than you are though.

6 minutes ago, megansdad said:

We have gone from being genuinely in the mix for 2nd place and automatic promotion at the turn of the year, to outside of the play-off places and LJ has made more than a few tactical errors along the way. Seems as though all the (rightful) praise from how he set us up for the cup games went to his head and he started thinking he was a 'master tactician', putting round pegs in square holes and making dire use of subs.

Today we seem to be back to basics with line-up, let's hope the use of subs is good too and we get 3 badly needed points.

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

We have gone from being genuinely in the mix for 2nd place and automatic promotion at the turn of the year, to outside of the play-off places and LJ has made more than a few tactical errors along the way. Seems as though al the (rightful) praise from how he set us up for the cup games went to his head and he started thinking he was a 'master tactician', putting round pegs in square holes and making dire use of subs.

Today we seem to be back to basics with line-up, let's hope the use of subs is good too and we get 3 badly needed points.

True but we got there in the first place and the squad has been stretched by our success, injuries and suspensions meaning LJ has not always had the options he might have liked.

Archived