IGNORED

Set Pieces - No Flint

Davefevs

Just wondering whether our set plays (in the main) are a bit predictable with Flint, e.g. everything is aimed at him.  Also Flint seems to get annoyed if the set piece isn’t delivered to him, whether through choice or mIs-hit.

Without him for 3 games does this give us an opportunity to mix things up and become a bit more unpredictable?  We will of course miss his goal threat, but if you go back to Plymouth (yes, I know they were crap that night), both our CBs got on the scoresheet (Hegeler and Baker).

37 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Decent point - but what I’d like to see when AF is playing is more variety as well. We know the opposition will double mark him, and regardless of how annoyed he gets, we should use that as a decoy more when he is in the team...

That used to be my job....get marked by the defensive big man, and then drag him nowhere near the goal.  Either that or I was the near list flick on man.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That used to be my job....get marked by the defensive big man, and then drag him nowhere near the goal.  Either that or I was the near list flick on man.

Are you free Saturday, between 3 and 5 ? asking for a friend :laughcont:

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hang on, you’re not David Rennie are you?

Think it was Swansea or Brum away in 1990. I swear I’ve never seen a flick on like it...

26 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

10 years since Carey scored from the weasel....

:sad26:Get on it Johnson!

Although I do vaguely remember Agard scoring from one in the more recent past. Against Rotherham or MK Dons maybe?

Archived