IGNORED

Lee Johnson's tactical overview of the Man U game

ZiderEyed

10 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

https://www.coachesvoice.com/lee-johnson/

Nice little video/article explaining the choices LJ made when setting up against Man United.

Excellent viewing.

You just gotta love LJ for taking the time to explain his tactical thinking. 

Cant remember ever seeing any other manager of any club do something similar.

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Excellent viewing.

This is getting nauseating now, book a travelodge.

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Just hope he’s not going down the same route as last season by over coaching/ thinking it. 

All managers use similar methods  of setting up the way they want their team to play. 

It might seem like over thinking to some but to these guys it's their job to try and get it right.

8 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Living off one game. Yes it was an amazing night. One we will never forget. But what is up with his tactics in day to day! The Johnson's love a bit of PR but let the results do the talking. 

Can you make one post where you don't spew pure bollocks? You're a 32/33 year old man for **** sake, act like it you miserable tit.

32 minutes ago, Robbored said:

All managers use similar methods  of setting up the way they want their team to play. 

It might seem like over thinking to some but to these guys it's their job to try and get it right.

Well I know that . I was relating to him admitting he over coached last season and thinking he could possibly be doing it again now we have a few players coming back from injury.  

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Well I know that . I was relating to him admitting he over coached last season and thinking he could possibly be doing it again now we have a few players coming back from injury.  

Lets hope he's learned his lesson then.

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

So he got one cup game right. What about the current run since 30th December? 

Perhaps he just got lucky v Man U, but can't repeat it now. A one trick pony! 

Yeah, he got extremely lucky for 2/3s of his time in charge of us. 

All the defeats have been the luck not occurring. :facepalm:

How much luck must Johnson have to get a 43.88% win ratio with us? 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Excellent viewing.

Has he done a video explaining his tactics for the recent away games at Cardiff? Or Burton? Or Bolton? Or the home game vs Sunderland? They would make interesting viewing...

39 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Has he done a video explaining his tactics for the recent away games at Cardiff? Or Burton? Or Bolton? Or the home game vs Sunderland? They would make interesting viewing...

Has he been asked to by a group who put out that type of content?

Literally every single other video up there is from a manger getting what would have been regarded as a good result for their club. Its not as if Johnson approached them about it to stroke his ego.

Or perhaps you're just being deliberately an arse, looking for an argument, yet again.

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ummm.... our Lee needs to avoid living up to Colin’s quote of ‘he talks a good game’.

Wise to take a leaf out of Colin’s book and concentrate on delivery and winning at all costs. Once we’ve won something, then you’re entitled to become a media darling.

Really good find by the op and a very   interesting insight into how he set up the team against man utd.

Shame The haters have invaded the thread because its just an interview explaining what lee johnson and bcfc tried to do in that special game.

It would be interesting to hear a similar interview about a match that went wrong,i do agree with that much.

I shall look at the other posts on there as well asap,stuff we dont usually get to view.

51 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

It would be interesting to hear a similar interview about a match that went wrong,i do agree with that much.

To be fair, when things have gone wrong, like his substitutions v Sunderland LJ usually holds his hands up if he messed up 

5 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

To be fair, when things have gone wrong, like his substitutions v Sunderland LJ usually holds his hands up if he messed up 

Yes thats true,i mean it would be nice to hear him do a similar thing on say the villa defeat using the tactical board and explaining how the plan didnt work and what he tried to do during the match when things went wrong.

But anyway its an interesting subject all around to me anyway.

6 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Yeah, he got extremely lucky for 2/3s of his time in charge of us. 

All the defeats have been the luck not occurring. :facepalm:

How much luck must Johnson have to get a 43.88% win ratio with us? 

Good point. What ratio do we need for promotion and how do we achieve it next year?

3 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Yes thats true,i mean it would be nice to hear him do a similar thing on say the villa defeat using the tactical board and explaining how the plan didnt work and what he tried to do during the match when things went wrong.

But anyway its an interesting subject all around to me anyway.

I'm certain they do with the team and coaches, but personally I wouldn't want this kind of self examination of a defeat shared publicly.

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Has he been asked to by a group who put out that type of content?

Literally every single other video up there is from a manger getting what would have been regarded as a good result for their club. Its not as if Johnson approached them about it to stroke his ego.

Or perhaps you're just being deliberately an arse, looking for an argument, yet again.

My question was put to Robbored who answered it reasonably and politely...not sure why you have jumped in...

Archived