IGNORED

Marlon pack.

steviestevieneville

How he wasn’t in that starting line up is beyond me. The main reason the back 4 were panicked into mistakes by Brentford’s pressing is down to lack of a out ball which Marlon provides. He’s our best ball playing central midfielder and dictates how we play. The lack of decent ball into bobby and fam was down to a lack of creativity.  The bigger crime though was not addressing it at half time. Liam Walsh will be a good player but never had a kick today was a rabbit in the headlights. How he wasn’t taken off for pack at the break I don’t know. Overall it was a strange team selection, I’m not one to slam LJ really but this result is 100% down to him imo . 

Assuming he was fit, as he was on the bench, dropping Pack today was up there with Adam Matthews at centre half last season when it comes to absurd Johnson selections.

Before the game I heard lots of people complaining about Wright being picked in front of Baker, and although I agree, I thought it was nothing compared to dropping Pack.

27 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Assuming he was fit, as he was on the bench, dropping Pack today was up there with Adam Matthews at centre half last season when it comes to absurd Johnson selections.

Before the game I heard lots of people complaining about Wright being picked in front of Baker, and although I agree, I thought it was nothing compared to dropping Pack.

Arrggghhhhh.....I'd almost forgotten that and you’ve dragged it up.  Reading at home.  To make matters worse, Taylor Moore wasn’t on the bench, but in the BBCRB commentary box.

27 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Apparently baker had hardly trained so can see why wright played. Yes Bailey had a mare but they were pressed into mistakes because pack didn’t play. He gives us so much more than just a out ball though. Balls into the front two allow our wide midfielders to make runs off them. None of that happened and never does when he’s not playing. 

I can only imagine it was because he was carrying a knock. Can't understand why it would've been made relative to Brentford and the game plan. They're a side who move the ball quickly but Pack's smart enough in his positioning to track runners and regularly picks up lose balls. 

As already been said, he shows for the ball from the defence so well, and more importantly relative to Smith and Walsh, he dribbles to keep position very very well. Often we didn't have that calming influence who could keep it and calm the game down.

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Apparently baker had hardly trained so can see why wright played. Yes Bailey had a mare but they were pressed into mistakes because pack didn’t play. He gives us so much more than just a out ball though. Balls into the front two allow our wide midfielders to make runs off them. None of that happened and never does when he’s not playing. 

I wonder why LJ had Baker on the bench if he hardly trained

Curious that he has been one of the whipping boys in the past and some still don't rate him.

LJ said early in the season that we build our game around his strengths and weaknesses so unless there were fitness reasons it was a baffling decision.

19 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Curious that he has been one of the whipping boys in the past and some still don't rate him.

LJ said early in the season that we build our game around his strengths and weaknesses so unless there were fitness reasons it was a baffling decision.

If he wasn’t fit why was he on the bench . Hegeler and O’Neil could of been subs if that was the case with brownhill CM with Smith , Bryan LM with kelly LB and either Kent or pato RM. 

24 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Was Pack dropped? Or was only selected for the bench because he wasn't fit to start the game?

According to Holden ‘Tactical’

:blink:

not always been Marlon biggest Lauder but grown and grown on me and probably the only player to have had a good afternoon (Flint was his usual committed best Tbf) as his non selection highlighted how much we miss him

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

not always been Marlon biggest Lauder but grown and grown on me and probably the only player to have had a good afternoon (Flint was his usual committed best Tbf) as his non selection highlighted how much we miss him

Flint definitely, Fielding maybe, apart from that kick!!!  That’s awful to think one/two players came out with any credit.

36 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Was Pack dropped? Or was only selected for the bench because he wasn't fit to start the game?

Exactly right.

Why else would Pack not start if he was fit?

Hes been a regular in every game upto today. 

I heard a rumour that he'd been unwell and hadn't fully recovered.

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Flint definitely, Fielding maybe, apart from that kick!!!  That’s awful to think one/two players came out with any credit.

Flint was no better than any of the others today. People need to see past the “passion” that flint apparently has over everyone else sometimes, get their head out of his arse, and admit he was shit (on this occasion).

3 minutes ago, joeyb said:

Flint was no better than any of the others today. People need to see past the “passion” that flint apparently has over everyone else sometimes, get their head out of his arse, and admit he was shit (on this occasion).

Complete and utter nonsense 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Complete and utter nonsense 

This isn’t a dig at Flint, as I genuinely don’t think anyone scored above a 4/10 today, other than possibly Korey who would maybe, if I’m being generous, get a 5. But to actually make a positive comment about his performance today is baffling to me.

48 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Tactical? Insane more like. Brentford are a passing team who like to dominate the ball and our management team's tactical response was to leave out our deep lying playmaker.  Amazing.

8 minutes ago, joeyb said:

This isn’t a dig at Flint, as I genuinely don’t think anyone scored above a 4/10 today, other than possibly Korey who would maybe, if I’m being generous, get a 5. But to actually make a positive comment about his performance today is baffling to me.

IMO he did his job today and was his usual committed , probably the only one 

What he must think of some of those around him I hate to think

His passing compared to Wright , Bryan , Kent etc etc makes him look like Pirlo 

Actually Watch how much he has worked on and improved weaknesses in his game - puts others to shame - shame they can’t be arsed to do likewise

If we had 11 with Flints attitude and application we’d be a much much better side

If we lose him - IMHO it will be a time to worry

18 minutes ago, joeyb said:

You obviously don’t read many of my posts, I’m probably one of Flint’s harshest critics, but today he stood above any other performance in a red shirt (and bright blue if you include FF).  

8 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Tactical? Insane more like. Brentford are a passing team who like to dominate the ball and our management team's tactical response was to leave out our deep lying playmaker.  Amazing.

Johnson McAllister and Holden look like a bunch of PE teachers at school. On the sidelines chatting away with their iPad for minutes on end only to end up playing the same square pegs in round holes. It's laughable we have a coaching team like that with no proven ability at this level. 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Trouble is Wright is not the best passer of the ball with his right foot, playing left side of a back 2 he's in panic mode when he has to play out from the left.

Would it have been to brave to put Kelly in alongside Flint?

Archived