IGNORED

Team for Millwall

sglosbcfc

1 hour ago, jtc1 said:

Fielding-Pisano Flint Baker Bryan-Brownhill Smith Pack Paterson-Reid Diedhiou.

good balance , 442 everyone knows what there job is.

2-0 win 6th place with 5 games to go !!!

Eureka!!! Why didn't we think of that before!! 

5 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

it will be a completely different game to Brenford, Millwall will play far less football and will hit the ball early and long. I think this team can be solid and hopefully see us turn the form book upside down and come back with three points.

I think the lions are going to ram it down our throats on Saturday. I’m getting ready for a good thrashing with the way we’ve played lately. Millwall have the playoffs in sight and I can see another Aston Villa type result if we’re not up for it. 

Invert the pyramid again imo.

Fielding

Flint - Baker

Paterson - Eliasson - Reid - Diony - Tea Lady - Woodrow - O'Dowda - Kent

2 hours ago, jtc1 said:

Fielding-Pisano Flint Baker Bryan-Brownhill Smith Pack Paterson-Reid Diedhiou.

good balance , 442 everyone knows what there job is.

I don't think Paterson knows what his job is in that formation. Or, if he does, he doesn't know how to do it/hasn't got the skills needed to do it.
I would put Bryan at LM and have Kelly at LB. Not sure about Brownhill at RM either.    

Fielding 

Pisano          Flint        Baker        Kelly 

Brownhill      Pack    Smith      Bryan 

Paterson 

Reid 

subs: Steele, Famara, Duric, Odowda, O’Neil, Eliiason, Wright.

6 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Fielding Gk

Bryan LWB

Baker LCB

Flint CB

Wright RCB

Pisano RWB

Pack CM

Smith CM

Brownhill CM

Reid CF

Famara CF

SUBS: Steele, Kelly, Magnússon, O Neill, Djuric, Paterson and Diony

it will be a completely different game to Brenford, Millwall will play far less football and will hit the ball early and long. I think this team can be solid and hopefully see us turn the form book upside down and come back with three points.

Reasonable.

I'd drop Diony off the bench, as I'd rather put a MF up than play him, and have Eliason there in case we want to switch formations.

7 hours ago, Negan said:

This would also be my team and for what’s its worth I wouldn’t have Kent on the bench but Eliasson. Take the fine from Liverpool and let’s give our own lad a chance, I think we can all agree if NE came on he’d but in a much better shift. 

Annoying how he doesn't play much. Kent imo isn't even as good.

We are playing Millwall a long ball team with big six foot defenders at the back. We will need to play the ball forward and have players that hold it up. Reid and Paterson will get bundled of the ball to easy. That's why I would play Fame and Duric up front with Reid and Paterson in the hole playing off them.  I not talking long ball it could be along the ground. The problem when we played them at home was the ball kept coming back at us because we could not hold the ball up once it went forward.

After Monday's team selection, I have more idea of the lottery numbers than the team LJ is going to pick. Not that I think it matters, given the way Millwall are playing, and the way that we are playing, we are going to get tonked whoever we put out. The only way we won't lose is if Frankie Fielding puts in the performance of his life to keep them out...

20 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think part of the conundrum is we are in poor form but it is really hard to see changes from the teamsheet that people want and would make sense.

I think we have to try something different on Saturday. I don't mind whether that is the formation suggested by the OP and seeing if that tightens us up or Eliasson on the flanks.

I don't think Paterson and Reid upfront is the answer on Saturday - when we've played that formation we've done well against teams that come at us but not so well at teams that sit back and play as underdogs, as Millwall did.

It's not going to win me popularity contests but I'd be tempted to suggest Diediou and Djuric up-front for this one. Reid either sitting behind in a midfield 3 or on the bench. 

It's worth a try we have nothing different available 

Fielding 

Pisano

Flint

Baker

Kelly

Brownhill

Pack

Smith

Bryan

Reid

Diédhiou

I think our midfield was overrun last time because Walsh put in there with Smith making us have a midfield of midgets and that was always going to be overrun. Would keep Diédhiou in there because Reid plays a lot better playing off him and they’ve looked brilliant together recently. If O’Dowda is fully fit and ready to start then I would go with him on the right and Brownhill alongside Smith as I think they would work well together and we would create more chances for Diédhiou and Reid who had practically no support on Monday

23 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Fielding 

Pisano

Flint

Baker

Kelly

Brownhill

Pack

Smith

Bryan

Reid

Diédhiou

I think our midfield was overrun last time because Walsh put in there with Smith making us have a midfield of midgets and that was always going to be overrun. Would keep Diédhiou in there because Reid plays a lot better playing off him and they’ve looked brilliant together recently. If O’Dowda is fully fit and ready to start then I would go with him on the right and Brownhill alongside Smith as I think they would work well together and we would create more chances for Diédhiou and Reid who had practically no support on Monday

I completely disagree with the Reid comment. Last few games with both Reid and Diedhou starting, Reid has really not done much. When he plays on his own up top, he works the same amount but has a back up in midfield strengthen it up. That is when he AND THE TEAM were playing well. Against Brentford Flint was lumping the ball up to Fammy who did not win anything in the air, without Fammy we keep the ball on the ground and play good football. Youreds.

19 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Reasonable.

I'd drop Diony off the bench, as I'd rather put a MF up than play him, and have Eliason there in case we want to switch formations.

I’d go one better than Monday, I’d drop bobby and start with Doiny and keep Kent on all game. Let’s go for a win I say!

On Tuesday, April 03, 2018 at 10:43, Super said:

You can already see how this game will go. We will be muscled out of the game same as Cardiff away. 

This is my fear too. On Monday Brentford not only outplayed us but they seemed to dominate us physically as well.

3 hours ago, Flint says No said:

Fielding 

Pisano

Flint

Baker

Kelly

Brownhill

Pack

Smith

Bryan

Reid

Diédhiou

More likely overrun, because we had 2 in there vs a technical side IMO! Brentford's two- McEachran and Mokotjo were the same height as our 2, when we look at them as a pair. So I think that side of it is a bit of a red herring, personally.

Given Brentford played 4-2-3-1, it could be argued that they had 3 in there as Sawyers quite capable of shutting between the 2. 

• McEachran- 5 ft 10
  • Mokotjo- 5 ft 6.
  • If we include Sawyers- and being part of the 3rd band, that is to say the middle one in the 'three' behind the striker, 6 ft 1.

Set against us:

• Smith- 6 ft.
  • Walsh- 5 ft 5.

Total red herring in some ways. We were outfootballed and out tacticed and that's why we lost the game and moreover were battered in all but the scoreline.

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 08:56, JoeAman08 said:

It is tough because we will probably have to go direct at some point so should we just do it from the start? Do we start with 4 in midfield if COD is back pushing Brownhill centrally? I’d probably go with this

Fielding

Pisano Flint Baker Kelly

Pack

COD Smith Brownhill Bryan

Reid

Also if COD not fit I would probably give Eliasson a go but that is doubtful maybe Pato wide right

If we go direct surely Reid is not the forward to play. Quick and tricky but not the player to hold the ball up or win anything in the air.

3 hours ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

If we go direct surely Reid is not the forward to play. Quick and tricky but not the player to hold the ball up or win anything in the air.

Depends on how we play. Think it is possible to play quick short passes with that lineup which has worked against a number of teams. Unsure if it would work against Millwall though. Would be a more energetic lineup though. 

I prefer not to be so direct even with a big man on the pitch. Would still like quick football with more emphasis on create space for wingers to cross to a Djuric or Diedhiou. If we did that would probably be better to play both but could play into Millwall’s hands. Tough game no matter what Saturday. 

On 4/3/2018 at 08:44, Top Robin said:

Fielding

Pisano     Flint      Baker       Kelly

Brownhill    Pack    Smith    Bryan/ODowda

Patterson

Reid.

This I think would be my preference, I don't think we will see it though.

On 03/04/2018 at 14:06, Red7 said:

I don't think Paterson knows what his job is in that formation. Or, if he does, he doesn't know how to do it/hasn't got the skills needed to do it.
I would put Bryan at LM and have Kelly at LB. Not sure about Brownhill at RM either.    

pattersons had his chances cant keep playing blokes out of form 

Archived