IGNORED

Team for Millwall

sglosbcfc

On 04/04/2018 at 12:35, Mr Popodopolous said:

More likely overrun, because we had 2 in there vs a technical side IMO! Brentford's two- McEachran and Mokotjo were the same height as our 2, when we look at them as a pair. So I think that side of it is a bit of a red herring, personally.

Given Brentford played 4-2-3-1, it could be argued that they had 3 in there as Sawyers quite capable of shutting between the 2. 

• McEachran- 5 ft 10
  • Mokotjo- 5 ft 6.
  • If we include Sawyers- and being part of the 3rd band, that is to say the middle one in the 'three' behind the striker, 6 ft 1.

Set against us:

• Smith- 6 ft.
  • Walsh- 5 ft 5.

Total red herring in some ways. We were outfootballed and out tacticed and that's why we lost the game and moreover were battered in all but the scoreline.

Smiths 6 ft?! Really doesn’t look it! I would’ve had Pack in there to out strength a small midfield personally

8 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Smiths 6 ft?! Really doesn’t look it! I would’ve had Pack in there to out strength a small midfield personally

I'm not defending the selection- I too would have picked Pack.

My post was more about how in some ways we matched up, but simply got outplayed- and a key part of that was tactical errors IMO.

Archived