Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iamalagerdrinker

LJ :- It could be a difficult summer..

LJ: “It could be a difficult summer and we have to make some strong decisions. They may or may not go down well but I promise the decisions we do make will be for the right reasons for the long-term prospects to get us to where we want to be.” #BRCvHUL

2 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

LJ: “It could be a difficult summer and we have to make some strong decisions. They may or may not go down well but I promise the decisions we do make will be for the right reasons for the long-term prospects to get us to where we want to be.” #BRCvHUL

In prep for the big summer sale of Flint, Bryan and Reid (possibly more) whilst trying to hoodwink the ‘customers’ into believing that the club is genuinely moving forward and that the sales are all part of the ‘big plan’....p.s. Make sure you’ve bought your season ticket!

Honestly, anyone who believes the propaganda must have been born yesterday...whilst the realists see some of the turd showing beneath the glitter as they predicted.

Bryan and Flint going I can deal with. I think we could replace them. Kelly and Wright/Vyner could probably step up to some degree  

Reid going would be huge, surely we can fulfill his financial requirements. Tell him we’ll sell him for loads in January if we’re not challenging for promotion. If we could get tomlin to sign surely we can keep hold of Reid for at least another 6 months. 

Coming out with this in the press conference just after the season ticket deadline has closed. 

Nice one.

1 minute ago, NOTBLUE said:

Players on the way out?

I'd have thought that would have been obvious seeing as we failed to challenge for promotion. Bryan, Reid, Flint will probably all go.

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Coming out with this in the press conference just after the season ticket deadline has closed. 

Nice one.

Of course. Thanks ‘customers’.

Just now, Shtanley said:

Bryan and Flint going I can deal with. I think we could replace them. Kelly and Wright/Vyner could probably step up to some degree  

Reid going would be huge, surely we can fulfill his financial requirements. Tell him we’ll sell him for loads in January if we’re not challenging for promotion. If we could get tomlin to sign surely we can keep hold of Reid for at least another 6 months. 

if we get decent offers for Bryan and Flint let them go. Probably only be championship teams in for them.

Nice one.

Of course. Thanks ‘customers’.

Why come out with this when we still have a (slim) possibilty of getting into the Play Offs? Presume they’ve given up. 

I have very little issue with players moving on, so long as the money is right and the players wants to, or is at least happy to, leave. Much better way of making money than exploiting the fans. 

If we lose Flint, Bryan, Reid etc, then we lose them and we go again. If we have to rebuild again then that's what we do. I believe most would be understanding of that if not for the price increases, which changes a simple cycle of football, the coming and going of players, into a con. 

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Why come out with this when we still have a (slim) possibilty of getting into the Play Offs? Presume they’ve given up. 

They gave up in January when they brought in Diony instead of an actual footballer 

Just now, lenred said:

Because the alternative is that he’ll be accused of lying or avoiding the question?

I guess he is alluding to moving players on that might be a surprise and possibly selling Reid if he won’t sign a new contract.

However let’s wait and see what the summer brings before slagging off something that hasn’t happened yet and may well not do so.

16 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

12th in the Championship..minimal spend and 21k s/t sales ! :facepalm:

20 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Come on Lee, tell us where you want us to be. Save all the guessing.

BREAKING NEWS: 

Football club in players leaving shocker! 

It has come to light that Bristol City may be the first football club in history to sell one of the players that some fans would like to keep. 

The same players that get regularly slated after any below par performance. 

It is unlikely that Bristol City will replace any of the departing players and may, at times, compete the 2018/19 Championship season’s matches with less than the permitted 11 players. 

This new policy is the recommendation of chief executive Mark Ashton and Head Coach Lee Johnson. Blame will be attributed elsewhere, temporarily, should transfer dealings result in a promotion push next season, but quickly revert to type the moment that they lose a game or 2. 

There may be an altogether different plan, but “supporters” on club forum “otib” will opt to ignore that and chose not to wait for the facts, before starting a witch hunt.

20 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Just to cap a bad few months

Personally , with my confidence in our wheeling dealing and recruitment 

my thought is

God help us

:wacko::shutup::pray:

:mf_sleep:

I frankly find it shocking that the uncle steve had sanctioned 25 million on transfersfor players who need love, seen us regularly go on massive slumps in form and then doesnt want to spend anymore until we flog all our best players. 

He should have kept his mouth shut.  I have no confidence in his recruitment at the best of times, but to come out with this, is not reassuring in the slightest.  

19 minutes ago, Super said:

if we get decent offers for Bryan and Flint let them go. Probably only be championship teams in for them.

The tone of Johnson's statement suggests to me that deals are already done, in so far as certain players (not difficult to guess which ones) have agreed to play for someone else next season. This might in part explain some of the poor performances since Xmas - key players with their heads elsewhere and the rest of the squad knowing they're off = an uninspired team.

Whether City get acceptable offers is a different matter but even then, I'm not sure we'd stand in the way of Bryan going to the Prem or deny Flint a move for a second time.

There's been no news about Reid signing an extended contract, even though we were told by Ashton before Xmas that talks were being held. This clearly indicates the lad fancies a move. So he'll have to be sold this summer after we trigger the 1 year extension otherwise we run the risk of getting sweet fa for him in January or nothing at all next summer. 

New heroes will emerge but these particular players - Flint and Bryan especially - have been integral to a remarkable period in City's history which will make their leaving particularly bittersweet. 

7 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I have very little issue with players moving on, so long as the money is right and the players wants to, or is at least happy to, leave. Much better way of making money than exploiting the fans. 

If we lose Flint, Bryan, Reid etc, then we lose them and we go again. If we have to rebuild again then that's what we do. I believe most would be understanding of that if not for the price increases, which change a simple cycle of football, the coming and going of players, into a con. 

Completely agree it’s a part of football players do move on. I’m more worried what LJ will do with the money, he likes to sign alot of players which are no where near first team level.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

BREAKING NEWS: 

Football club in players leaving shocker! 

It has come to light that Bristol City may be the first football club in history to sell one of the players that some fans would like to keep. 

The same players that get regularly slated after any below par performance. 

It is unlikely that Bristol City will replace any of the departing players and may, at times, compete the 2018/19 Championship season’s matches with less than the permitted 11 players. 

This new policy is the recommendation of chief executive Mark Ashton and Head Coach Lee Johnson. Blame will be attributed elsewhere, temporarily, should transfer dealings result in a promotion push next season, but quickly revert to type the moment that they lose a game or 2. 

There may be an altogether different plan, but “supporters” on club forum “otib” will opt to ignore that and chose not to wait for the facts, before starting a witch hunt.

It’s okay, I’ll wait another ten years. Surely you can understand the frustration? It’s not the most intelligent thing to say at this stage of the season and with how things have gone recently.

We can still make the play offs but you wouldn’t think it.

25 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Must say its a bizarre statement to make at this stage of the season when trying to instill a positive attitude in his players.

11 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

If we lose Flint, Bryan, Reid etc, then we lose them and we go again. If we have to rebuild again then that's what we do. I believe most would be understanding of that if not for the price increases, which changes a simple cycle of football, the coming and going of players, into a con. 

Players move on and there will be clubs in the championship who will offer our players the opportunity to  double even possibly treble their wages, can not fault players for that.

The concern for me is the ability to replace those players with someone of a similar quality. Personally I think our transfer dealings under Johnson have been a mixed bag and that has to be a worry if we lose three or four first team players 

23 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

we were challenging for promotion this January and look how that turned out. cant blame him if he wanted to leave.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

It’s okay, I’ll wait another ten years. Surely you can understand the frustration? It’s not the most intelligent thing to say at this stage of the season and with how things have gone recently.

We can still make the play offs but you wouldn’t think it.

Well, that depends if you are just looking at one paragraph of the press conference and using it as a stick..? 

Or you could also incorporate the bit where he talks about what’s needed to still have a chance of the play offs..! 

17 minutes ago, lenred said:

"If not now, then when?"

In the days before the internet, we didn't have the opportunity to read things into Manager / Coach statements and/or 'body language' and then broadcast our rock solid conclusions to thousands of others.  We just muttered and tutted over a cuppa and the Western Daily Press.  I miss those day a little bit.  

I occasionally feel that I've landed at The End Of The World sometimes when I drop in here.  But I do, of course, love you all............... :robbored:

:fish:

4 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

The tone of Johnson's statement suggests to me that deals are already done, in so far as certain players (not difficult to guess which ones) have agreed to play for someone else next season. This might in part explain some of the poor performances since Xmas - key players with their heads elsewhere and the rest of the squad knowing they're off.

Whether City get acceptable offers is a different matter but even then, I'm not sure we'd stand in the way of Bryan going to the Prem or deny Flint a move for a second time.

There's been no news about Reid signing an extended contract, even though we were told by Ashton before Xmas that talks were being held. This clearly indicates the lad fancies a move. So he'll have to be sold this summer after we trigger the 1 year extension otherwise we run the risk of getting sweet fa for him in January or nothing at all next summer. 

New heroes will emerge but these particular players - Flint and Bryan especially - have been integral to a remarkable period in City's history which will make their leaving particularly bittersweet. 

You are right and if this all plays out as you suggest it would certainly explain the loss in form from one of them.

I think additionally he may have learned a bit about one or two others during our slump and a surprise sale (or two) in addition can’t be ruled out.

Sounds ominous, losing a big player I can handle, but losing 3 or 4 would be disaster. There is a chance we can make £20m this summer but im not sure I trust them to invest it wisely if at all.  

7 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

The tone of Johnson's statement suggests to me that deals are already done, in so far as certain players (not difficult to guess which ones) have agreed to play for someone else next season. This might in part explain some of the poor performances since Xmas - key players with their heads elsewhere and the rest of the squad knowing they're off = an uninspired team.

If you’re referring to Flint Bryan or Reid

Bryan has had a mixed few months but Flint and Reid have given their all and probably been our most consistent two players so I don’t see how the above is linked

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Well, that depends if you are just looking at one paragraph of the press conference and using it as a stick..? 

Or you could also incorporate the bit where he talks about what’s needed to still have a chance of the play offs..! 

It’s a bizarre statement to come out with whether you like or not. Why say it now? Just keep the players heads down and concentrate on these last three games

..!

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If you’re referring to Flint Bryan or Reid

Bryan has had a mixed few months but Flint and Reid have given their all and probably been our most consistent two players so I don’t see how the above is linked

Uninspired team performances, Bob. Wasn't thinking of particular individuals.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

You are right and if this all plays out as you suggest it would certainly explain the loss in form from one of them.

Bryan ?

I think additionally he may have learned a bit about one or two others during our slump and a surprise sale (or two) in addition can’t be ruled out.

Baker ?  Who else ya reckon Graham ?

It’s a bizarre statement to come out with whether you like or not. Why say it now? Just keep the players heads down and concentrate on these last three games

..!

What has he stated..? 

It couldn’t be a lot more vague if he tried. 

It might also follow up conversations with players about proving they are good enough to take us forward, or we’ll move them on. 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’ll pm you.

Bit hypocritical to speculate on here after my first post on the topic.

Depending what happens and who goes

After recent months shambles , the season ticket saga , selling our cornerstones will v

certainly ensure 

The pressure and scrutiny will be on big time , come August

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Perhaps we're going to sign Diony on a permanent deal .

That did cross my mind. Maybe Woodrow as well.

Just now, GrahamC said:

I’ll pm you.

Bit hypocritical to speculate on here after my first post on the topic.

You can’t mate - I’m on ‘Tag’ :mafia:

No PMs 

:laughcont:

We clearly have a lot of dead wood around that it would be good to get rid of, thats whst we will be left with once flint and reid are gone. If bryan goes for good money and kelly takes his place it wont be the end of the world for me, but filling the squad with average players from foreign leagues hasnt worked, but relying on the league 1 champions still seems to be the key to our first 11.

5 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

..!

not really that bizarre

Its the classic 'throw someone under the bus'. Whether its someone leaving because they want to...or whether its someone leaving as they are not wanted...it doesnt matter. These type of comments  takes the spot light off of him and his shocking management...and gets the fans putting two and two together about certain players and reasons why we capitulated like we did

48 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Round and round in circles, I guess :sunwon:

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

What has he stated..? 

It couldn’t be a lot more vague if he tried. 

It might also follow up conversations with players about proving they are good enough to take us forward, or we’ll move them on. 

Look at the thread title. That’s the start of the statement...

The next statement quoted “it will all come to negotiations from the agent”. That’s not really a sign of players proving their worth is it..