IGNORED

The Bristol City FC v Hull City FC Match Day Thread 44

Septic Peg

Thought we were more than decent for a lot of that half. Started brightly and had some good passages of play, slick movement and passing that has been missing, no end product though. A nice move ended in Callum having a tame shot from a good position in the box.

Their goal - Pato seemed to lose his man, who was then able to move into a world of space outisde the area and his shot (maybe deflected) looped past Fielding.

Cue about 5/10 minutes of what looked liked a few heads dropping but we built again - Paterson almost redeeming himself with a nice turn and shot on the edge of the box that deflected agonisingly off the inside of the post.  

We got the goal we deserved soon after, Pack (my man of the half) stepping inside to find space and score low into the corner from distance to cap his great performance.

The second, Famara, showed good strength to outmuscle his defender with a 50/50 in the box and smashed past the keeper.

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

COYR

Backbone after all.

We now need to concentrate on improving our goal difference

Think someone said the same during the Sunderland game and look how that turned out.

We now need to concentrate on seeing the game out IMO.

Just now, JonDolman said:

Started well, then looked awful for a spell and then looked quality. O'Dowda looks like he's lost a yard of pace. Pato poor on goal and always makes the odd error but turned it on last 10 minutes. Hull a decent side 

But poor in defence luckily. More goals in this for us I hope cos there are definitely more goals in it for them!

Weirder things have happened; we may be praying for Cardiff to defeat Derby at Pride Park to cancel out their game in hand which ensures they finish 2nd. Cannot have it all folks.

And you can almost hear Colin's words right now;-  "well I am very glad we won up in Derby you know because Bristol City are now in the play offs. They won't thank me though you know."

What a strange old game.

First and foremost let me say Paterson has grown into this game and is showing glimpses of the form that made him so valuable earlier in the season, he is not hiding, he wants the ball and seems to have a spring in his step, one slight frustration he showed with the deflected shot that hit the post that he possesses a good shot but earlier when set up by Reid he just stroked a ball he should have put his boot through, but all in all much better, whilst talking frustration the only time Diedhiou stayed strong and on his feet he scored, he needs to do that far more.

Our problem is for me the midfield looks very weak and brittle, their chances and indeed their goal have all come from midfield indecision, IMO we are missing Brownhill.

O'Dowda and Bryan are struggling, I would replace O'Dowda for Brownhill at half time.

The good news is belatedly we have started to shoot from distance a tactic that served us well earlier in the season.

Tighten up midfield keep probing and shooting and we should be ok.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Started well, then looked awful for a spell and then looked quality. O'Dowda looks like he's lost a yard of pace. Pato poor on goal and always makes the odd error but turned it on last 10 minutes. Hull a decent side 

I’d agree in the main. What was noticeable when Pato wasn’t playing well for a period was that Hull targeted our right side - Pato was central and not effective and Pisano isolated. 

2 minutes ago, ... said:

'Boro put another three past Derby, and a second half Bobby Reid hat-trick, and we will be seventh on alphabetical order!

:dancing6::dancing6::dancing6:

No no no... you have to play the 'long game' a draw is what we need up in Derby. Think about it carefully and you will see.

33 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Fammyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy  What a turn around!!!!!!!!!!

31 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Can't control a ball and has the touch of a Gorilla.

What, you mean a striker's job is to put the ball in the net? :)

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

3-1.. Fammy

Can't control a ball and touch of a Gorilla............. :)

Archived