IGNORED

Hurry up and **** off to Vegas

Fordy62

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

But it's all the manager's fault, apparently. 

If its not what is the point of having one? He sets the team up, he takes training, he chooses the players to buy, he motivates them, he demotivates them, he makes the substitutions and chooses the formation. The buck stops with a manager as it always has, will and should. 

The club could save a small fortune though, tis true.

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

If its not what is the point of having one? He sets the team up, he takes training, he chooses the players to buy, he motivates them, he demotivates them, he makes the substitutions and chooses the formation. The buck stops with a manager as it always has, will and should. 

The club could save a small fortune though, tis true.

Yes, he takes overall responsibility, no issues there. However there are too many who are willing to absolve the players of any culpability for anything.

Not a situation that is unique to City of course.

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

What players are bottlers? For me if Warnock was in charge then we see out that game and many other games, so then the same players are not bottlers. Not saying I want Warnock, just using him as an example. I'm wondering if Johnson can set a team up next season that does not concede so easily. I doubt he will be able to and that's the problem 

I don't know if Paterson, Flint, Bryan etc are bottlers or just not good enough at this level. Maybe a bit of both

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

What players are bottlers? For me if Warnock was in charge then we see out that game and many other games, so then the same players are not bottlers. Not saying I want Warnock, just using him as an example. I'm wondering if Johnson can set a team up next season that does not concede so easily. I doubt he will be able to and that's the problem 

Without turning this into a Warnock debate

There are many things happening that simply wouldn’t happen or be repeated under someone like Warnock

Eg

Apathetic performances

Capitulations

Pisanos antics today

2 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

I don't know if Paterson, Flint, Bryan etc are bottlers or just not good enough at this level. Maybe a bit of both

Most of them are good enough at this level. That’s why we’re mid table and not being relegated. The problem with those players is consistency. One minute flint and Bryan are worth 20 million. 3 months later people want shot.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Exactly what I was saying to my dad earlier. Football is 80% mental. If a Warnock team had conceded Hull’s 3rd goal he would have been screaming on the touch line to stay disciplined and get their act together. Paterson today could not have given less of a shite. Some of players either don’t care or know they can get away with putting in only some effort.

22 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

Most of them are good enough at this level. That’s why we’re mid table and not being relegated. The problem with those players is consistency. One minute flint and Bryan are worth 20 million. 3 months later people want shot.

The only people who thought they were worth £20m were deluded City fans. They’re not in huge demand by the rest of the football world. 

Both are hugely overrated and if another club is dumb enough to pay £5m, let alone £20m then I can’t bloody wait 

3 hours ago, dereks no1 said:

Exactly what I was saying to my dad earlier. Football is 80% mental. If a Warnock team had conceded Hull’s 3rd goal he would have been screaming on the touch line to stay disciplined and get their act together. Paterson today could not have given less of a shite. Some of players either don’t care or know they can get away with putting in only some effort.

Paterson is sh*te to be honest. The sooner he's transferred, the better

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

Ineffective for half a season. Hmmm

Reid and Pato are the only 2 players in the whole of our squad who are capable of playing in tight spaces and creating chances. 

Reid is likely off so you want to get rid of Pato as well? I assume you're also one who complains when we play "hoof-ball" - because that's what you'll get in this team without Reid or Pato playing and Smith in CM.

Archived