IGNORED

Zak Vyner

Roger Red Hat

57 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Young player of the year for Argyle.

55 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

Just seen this, think we've got a promising one on our hands here. 

Really pleasing news to hear, do people expect him to be in our first team squad  next season or another loan ?

1 hour ago, daored said:

Really pleasing news to hear, do people expect him to be in our first team squad  next season or another loan ?

I'm sure he will indeed be in the squad. I would expect that one way or another at least 2 central defenders will leave and both he and Kelly will be squad members, with Kelly possibly a regular.

No point talking about a pathway from the academy otherwise.

13 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Well done Zak! Love to see a player make progress.

Shme about the others at Cheltenham. Can’t really see any of them being exciting prospects considering Cheltenham’s position.

It's an achievement for a club like Cheltenham to comfortably retain League status so I wouldn't write anybody off.

And I would certainly be interested in Eisa, who has proved himself capable of scoring a lot of goals in those circumstances.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

It's an achievement for a club like Cheltenham to comfortably retain League status so I wouldn't write anybody off.

And I would certainly be interested in Eisa, who has proved himself capable of scoring a lot of goals in those circumstances.

I’ve watched Cheltenham this season. Eisa can score but wouldn’t be strong enough for the Championship. Morrell reminded me a bit of Scotty Brown. Think his lack of height would be a problem at Championship.

Taylor-Moore was ok. Got given the run around a couple of times but was just steady.....At League Two level.

2 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I’ve watched Cheltenham this season. Eisa can score but wouldn’t be strong enough for the Championship. Morrell reminded me a bit of Scotty Brown. Think his lack of height would be a problem at Championship.

Taylor-Moore was ok. Got given the run around a couple of times but was just steady.....At League Two level.

Informed comment, thank.

As to Eisa, surely the point would be to develop the qualities he lacks? CO'D for instance looked lightweight when he arrived but has developed physically.

And of course Bobby has transformed himself as a player in large part because of the physical work he has put in.

55 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He will certainly benefit from the experience. In their position the game away to Scunthorpe on Tuesday night promises to be a real battle potentially deciding the last play off spot.

If you want to see Zac in action they just mentioned on SSN that Scunthorpe v Argyle is on live on Tuesday night.

11 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Think Vyner will go into our squad next season, and if we're genuinely looking for Moore to progress then he should get a loan to L1, suspect Plymouth would be strong candidates if they don't come up.

Vyner has certainly been getting rave reviews from Argyle and deserved winning the YPoY award it seems, Both Bryan and Reid were down there and both benefited from the experience. 

Im sure Moore would progress down there as well - if they fail to come up of course!

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Going by many Cheltenham fans yes. Looks dodgy on highlights too. 

You’re the only comment I’ve seen, from Cheltenham and City, that says he’s been bad this year. On the Cheltenham fans Facebook page, most of them want him back next year, a few say they can upgrade as he hasn’t pulled up any trees for them. 

On 28/04/2018 at 15:08, Ryan_BCFC said:

Just seen this, think we've got a promising one on our hands here. 

But only if he is provided with first team opportunities. We know from Eliasson's appearance record that there is more chance of North Korea winning the world crown for sensitive democracy that Niclas being seen in a Bristol City first team shirt. 

On 28/04/2018 at 18:19, Cheesleysmate said:

He’s no Bobby Reid I’m afraid from what I have seen. Bobby Reid has always had a good work rate. Don’t see that in Eisa.

Yes, but you've got to wait 2-3 years for an Eisa to mature, before you can reap the benefit.

5 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Yes, but you've got to wait 2-3 years for an Eisa to mature, before you can reap the benefit.

That's our model though innit. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was on the summer shopping list.

On 28/04/2018 at 20:42, Northern Red said:

Think Vyner will go into our squad next season, and if we're genuinely looking for Moore to progress then he should get a loan to L1, suspect Plymouth would be strong candidates if they don't come up.

Moore in final year of contract next season.  Does that influence whether he goes on loan or not.  He needs a bleedin’ good pre-season, or if LJ deems him surplus, then he should try to move him on.  

Shame.  I think there’s a Championship CB in there.  He’s not a Flint or a Baker.  Nor is Odoi at Fulham!

Re Taylor Moor

IMHO - A £1.5m  pound signing should be standing out a mile at Cheltenham , even at 20 ; his obvious potential at least should be very apparent,

Is he ?

Not from what I’ve seen or read

Would we be looking at him , right now, for £1,5m if he’d joined Cheltenham from Lens ?

I doubt it

Lets hope he suddenly kicks on

Archived