IGNORED

Johnson on sound of the city with twentyman

12 hours ago, One Dickie Rooks said:

It's appalling why do you people out up with mediocrity and then find excuses for Steve Lansdown's company Bristol Sport,they don't care about you,it's entertainment it's not real life 

Is top half of the Championship and a cup semi-final mediocrity?  I just ask, like...

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I doubt callers will be able to speak to LJ directly. It's a pretty safe environment for him.  Of course theyll be a few tough Qs but LJ ain't stupid and will be prepared for them. 

Let's be honest LJ tends to come across well in these interviews and the club will have weighed the above things up and concluded this was a good opportunity to set the record straight on a few issues.

I hope they allow a few, Geoff usually does in these hour long shows. 

I also hope the questions aren't pre-approved. 

19 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Is top half of the Championship and a cup semi-final mediocrity?  I just ask, like...

Not for us. But what are we trying to achieve here? Is SL here just to serve up broadly the same as what we've always had, or is he here to take us beyond that?

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I doubt callers will be able to speak to LJ directly. It's a pretty safe environment for him.  Of course theyll be a few tough Qs but LJ ain't stupid and will be prepared for them. 

Let's be honest LJ tends to come across well in these interviews and the club will have weighed the above things up and concluded this was a good opportunity to set the record straight on a few issues.

Throwing Bobby Reid into midfield when we need to score says different. 

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

I know we knew it already but him appearing on this would cement the fact that he ain't going anywhere. If he were off then I doubt the club or he would bother doing the interview talking about what happened this season and what will happen next season. Unless SL has someone lined up on the QT!.....some of us can hope! 

Maybe GT has set up an Apprentice type boardroom to be aired live

LJ and MA in the spotlight , one big row , ending with Steve L barking ‘You’re Fired’ 

:yawn:

But to whom

*** EDIT - The following picture contains flashing images***** :thumbsup:

24260237-CE7A-4EB1-A157-5A6FDD03F926.gif

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I hope they allow a few, Geoff usually does in these hour long shows. 

I also hope the questions aren't pre-approved. 

I think based on his track record we can rely on GT to ask questions every bit as difficult as any that supporters would come up with.

One other point, presumably LJ would like to discuss those who have been released, so may be the retained list will be out by then?

31 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I think based on his track record we can rely on GT to ask questions every bit as difficult as any that supporters would come up with.

One other point, presumably LJ would like to discuss those who have been released, so may be the retained list will be out by then?

Is it due to be out by 6pm today? 

Saw LJ in a coffee shop in Clifton Village today. Couple of corporate box owners had accosted him whilst he was trying to have his breakfast, blowing smoke up his arse that they thought this season was 'progress'. LJ was rolling out the usual lines about injuries etc so not sure you'll get much new out of him tonight. 

18 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

You`re right. I want him to succeed here and always have but even I get a bit embarrassed/pissed off with some of this stuff.

He`d get a few back on side if he just did a `mea culpa` now and again.

I dont think a Jar-Jar Binks impression would help things much.

10 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Saw LJ in a coffee shop in Clifton Village today. Couple of corporate box owners had accosted him whilst he was trying to have his breakfast, blowing smoke up his arse that they thought this season was 'progress'. LJ was rolling out the usual lines about injuries etc so not sure you'll get much new out of him tonight. 

How many injuries have we had in the last 6-8 weeks, at the most important time? 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

How many injuries have we had in the last 6-8 weeks, at the most important time? 

We played our best football of the season in the midst of an injury crisis. Yet, when LJ had a fully fit squad (bar O'Dowda) for the last few months of the season we were generally awful.

20 hours ago, phantom said:

Perhaps he may surprise us all...... 

He may well do so and those surprises he talked about regards transfers in and out in the very near future would be something I would be asking about.

We will be fed the injuries and fixture congestion as an excuse our form fell off a cliff and what a great result against manure 

11th and progress, young players coming through etc.....

What's the target for next season then Lee?

1 hour ago, Redmycolour said:

I suspose you'll get the usual people phoning in giving him all  the praises 

Well why don't you phone in then and give your own views.

Or is that a bit more difficult than tapping keys on a keyboard?

Archived