IGNORED

alardyce leaves everton

Ability to correctly use the English language leaves OTIB. 

News as above.

In all serious though, he seemed to be absolutely loathed by the Everton faithful. Everton will surely go for Marco Silva now, even with all the controversy surrounding his departure from Watford. Everton fans should be careful what they wish for, I can see another repeat of the season just gone, you can't sell such a goalscorer in Lukaku and replace him with an ageing Rooney and a Spanish striker who has had one good season in Spain. 

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

Will be another big pay day for Big Sam, bet he's laughing all the way to his offshore bank.  Where will he end up next?  Back at Newcastle when a bigger club finally tempts Rafa?

thats not sam's fault he's getting a pay day is it? so why hold it against him, he took over the club in 18th in free fall and guided them 8th finish

3 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

I think Everton were 13th by the time Sam took over

i stand corrected, point still stands though, they were leaking goals left right and centre under the previous man, sam stopped that, I know his football isn't pretty on the eye at time but he does know how to get the best out of players

Not really a shock....he was brought in to stabilise Everton in the short term and he did just that....he tightened them up at the back and took them to a safe 8th place finish. Not every management appointment has long term thinking behind it...if you want to get promoted out of the championship you appoint Neil Warnock or Steve Bruce - they have eight promotions to the premier league between them....that doesn’t mean they are good premier league managers though, but they will get you there....then you can say thanks very much, pay their promotion bonus and move onto a proven premier league boss....

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

People criticising this decision are banging on about 8th place finish. It is irrelevant in this case as the fans demand good football, and fair play to them for that.  I would rather see a great footballing side draw 3-3 than a Pulis type team win 1-0 

I have no affection for Pulis but it’s often said on here that he just deals in 0-0 draws and 1-0 victories....in his 5 months as Boro boss they’ve had one 0-0 draw and one 1-0 win...not counting the play offs. Instead he’s dealt in a 2-3 win away at PNE, a 0-3 win away at QPR, a 3-3 draw at Sunderland, a 3-0 win vs Leeds, a 3-1 win vs Hull, a 3-1 win against Barnsley, a 2-2 draw at Ipswich etc....dreary 0-0s and boring 1-0 wins under Pulis are a myth....

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

People criticising this decision are banging on about 8th place finish. It is irrelevant in this case as the fans demand good football, and fair play to them for that.  I would rather see a great footballing side draw 3-3 than a Pulis type team win 1-0 

Only criticism i'd have in that regard, he was brought in for the job of suring them up, job done. He had one transfer window. But not much chance of changing style of play with 1 window and objective A to achieve. Unless he told the higher ups he had no intention of changing then fair enough.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I have no affection for Pulis but it’s often said on here that he just deals in 0-0 draws and 1-0 victories....in his 5 months as Boro boss they’ve had one 0-0 draw and one 1-0 win...not counting the play offs. Instead he’s dealt in a 2-3 win away at PNE, a 0-3 win away at QPR, a 3-3 draw at Sunderland, a 3-0 win vs Leeds, a 3-1 win vs Hull, a 3-1 win against Barnsley, a 2-2 draw at Ipswich etc....dreary 0-0s and boring 1-0 wins under Pulis are a myth....

there weren't a myth when he was manager here, but that was almost 20 years ago now

35 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not really a shock....he was brought in to stabilise Everton in the short term and he did just that....he tightened them up at the back and took them to a safe 8th place finish. Not every management appointment has long term thinking behind it...if you want to get promoted out of the championship you appoint Neil Warnock or Steve Bruce - they have eight promotions to the premier league between them....that doesn’t mean they are good premier league managers though, but they will get you there....then you can say thanks very much, pay their promotion bonus and move onto a proven premier league boss....

Stop talking sense. What you need is to come up with a smart @ss master plan involving paying millions for 19/20 y.o. who you can loan out and never use and get one of your under qualified and inexperienced mates to oversee said plan over a 10 year period with actually no guarantees it will actually work.

12 minutes ago, RedM said:

Isn’t he one of the 4 or 5 managers that have managed most of the clubs in the Premiership? Wonder where he will pop up next, get your bingo cards ready....

Dibs on Watford

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

nah he won't go there, I'm thinking Southampton myself

Well documented Southampton have a philosophy etc and hire managers who match that rather then go for manager first. 

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Genuine question. 

Would you be happier finishing 8th and playing unattractive football, or would you be happier if you got relegated but drew all your games 3-3? 

Methinks the Evertons and Southamptons of this world have lost touch with reality, the latter disposing of a manager who'd led them to European contention but who didn't play attractive football. The **** they've been knocking out to stave off relegation all season really set the pulses racing.

As previous, no fan has ever asked 'how  we played' prior to asking 'what's the result?' Would I take mechanistic football delivering trophies over wildly entertaining football - absolutely,  every time. Until such time as the league tables consist of judges scores rather than WDL I suggest the answer is self-evident.

Funny how on one hand Newcastle fans bleat on about having won little in decades yet revere Keegan, a man who brought them, well not much in the top flight other than basketball scores. He'd sure have a far higher profile in that town had he been able to shut up shop and secured the title with a succession of 1-0 victories. Hammers fans bang on about Greenwood's 'West Ham Way', yet those old enough to have seen it know that often consisted of relegation fought 'kick and rush'.

Nothing against the Toffees but how sweet it would be were Big Sam to cajole safety for a no-hope XI thus relegating the Blues and their beautiful game to The Championship.

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Genuine question. 

Would you be happier finishing 8th and playing unattractive football, or would you be happier if you got relegated but drew all your games 3-3? 

Unanswerable question...............:dunno:

I'm sure most of us go to AG to be entertained and to me that means seeing City play attractive football. To me there's nothing more boring than seeing football played with the hand brake on.

On TalkSport Evertonians were saying how dull Big Sams football was and most were glad that's he's gone. Cascarino was saying that under Pulis Boro offered nothing going forward even tho they were 1-0 down in the Championship semi last night.

Archived