IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Didn’t he play a game or two in centre mid under Cotts and looked very comfortable and effective? 

He did last season too under LJ reading at home I believe, when we threw it away (sounds familiar) was very good that day. He will be missed if he does go no doubt about it but he’s just wasted at LB.

9 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I’ve said this for a year or two now. Sometimes he looks like he doesn’t necessarily want to be a footballer. Almost like his heart’s not in it a lot of the time - with the obvious caveat that when he decides he fancies it (á la Man Utd to name an obvious example) he can actually be an absolutely fantastic player. Maybe a big money move would actually benefit him in terms of the financials and allow him to retire from the game in a few years and do something he’s actually interested in. 

Agree

Will be interesting how any move pans out

I wonder whether Joe might have to battle ‘settling and mixing in’ somewhere else , rather than footballing ability

Hes definitely a different character to a lot of footballers and I’m not sure how he’d cope / be happy around a dressing room of big egos or big time Charlies 

I remembe4 him saying about being talked out of giving up football at 15 and I’ve always felt his ability actually outdoes any deep desire

12 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

He must’ve been pretty bored earlier as he live streamed on aforementioned social media application former forum favourite (well, in one person’s eyes anyway) Wes Burns getting his hair cut on North St earlier.  At one point it was even a dual broadcast with Jamal Ford-Robinson (erstwhile of Bristol Rugby).  

I’ve said this for a year or two now. Sometimes he looks like he doesn’t necessarily want to be a footballer. Almost like his heart’s not in it a lot of the time - with the obvious caveat that when he decides he fancies it (á la Man Utd to name an obvious example) he can actually be an absolutely fantastic player. Maybe a big money move would actually benefit him in terms of the financials and allow him to retire from the game in a few years and do something he’s actually interested in. 

Well if his heart's not in it, he better speak to his Dad.

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

So people were saying we weren’t playing Joe in his best position, but want to replace him with Lloyd Kelly, who’s position isn’t even left back and not his best one at that..

Kelly has good left back written all over him. Bryan definitely doesn’t. 

Bryan ain’t a left back and I’ll be glad to see him leave. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Kelly has good left back written all over him. Bryan definitely doesn’t. 

Bryan ain’t a left back and I’ll be glad to see him leave. 

Not sure about glad to see him leave but if LJ is going to persist in playing him LB then flog him, hinders us as team.

Downing tools like he did when we were second is the league is nothing short of disgraceful and the sort of player this club can do with out so good bloody riddance!! Very good games yeah but plenty of bad and my bet is he won’t go that much further than the championship...

More consistent performer needed in this position.. 

See you soon JB... 

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Not sure about glad to see him leave but if LJ is going to persist in playing him LB then flog him, hinders us as team.

Exactly. LJ sees him as a left back. Has been adamant in that from day one. Therefore, bye Joe. I won’t miss your lazy left back performances 

4 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Strikes me that Joe Bryan simply isn’t a lover of the game. Often his heart just isn’t in it. Can see him going the way of David Bentley and quietly dropping out of football early on his own terms. 

Went to QEH, has always preferred rugby. Football just a job for him unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Went to QEH, has always preferred rugby. Football just a job for him unfortunately.

I went to QEH and was partly responsible for football being opened up as a sport for the pupils to take seriously alongside rugby and cricket in 1985.....how do you know JB preferred rugby?

5 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Strikes me that Joe Bryan simply isn’t a lover of the game. Often his heart just isn’t in it. Can see him going the way of David Bentley and quietly dropping out of football early on his own terms. 

Still amazes me that many people do not realise that quite a large proportion of footballers just see it as a job and are not interested in the game beyond making a living. Not saying this is the case with JB but you shouldn't be surprised it this was so.

A very good tough tackling midfield captain for us in the 90s and early 00s  could not stand the game but you would never have guessed.

8 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Still amazes me that many people do not realise that quite a large proportion of footballers just see it as a job and are not interested in the game beyond making a living. Not saying this is the case with JB but you shouldn't be surprised it this was so.

A very good tough tackling midfield captain for us in the 90s and early 00s  could not stand the game but you would never have guessed.

Our own (!) David James was similar wasn’t he. I remember being very surprised when he joined him saying he only plays and almost never watches football. Wasn’t aware of how other teams do, couldn’t say who was top, bottom etc. No real 8nterest apart from playing. Must have just taken the money for the pundit stuff.

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Exactly. LJ sees him as a left back. Has been adamant in that from day one. Therefore, bye Joe. I won’t miss your lazy left back performances 

Agree Harry. Joe Bryan doesn't convince me he's a left back, he's far better further forward, his stand out performances have been central midfield and his better games are always left midfield.

He doesn't seem to hold concentration long enough to play left back.

8 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

If Tommy D is who you're referring to I think the whole world could have guessed 

18 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Played the last couple of months like he doesn't want to be here.

I genuinely don't think he has been happy since January. 

In fact...I would go as far as to say I reckon all 4 of the 'good friends' want out. Bryan, Flint, Pack and Reid 

might sound crazy but I think this time next year we will look back and think it was what the club needed, we have some fantastic young players who are not currently getting the chance they deserve, will be a blessing in my opinion don't think we will miss them as much as we all fear.

29 minutes ago, pillred said:

might sound crazy but I think this time next year we will look back and think it was what the club needed, we have some fantastic young players who are not currently getting the chance they deserve, will be a blessing in my opinion don't think we will miss them as much as we all fear.

I don't think so...

Flint- Not our captain but nonetheless our leader- you could say captain in all but name only. Lynchpin too. IMO a big loss.

Bryan- Not necessarily a left back but great further forward. Left sided wide midfield, left wing, or even left wing back for me. (Could even consider him centrally as others suggested). A mix of his age, quality, versatility- to me that's a big loss.

Pack- Approaching peak age. Would be better in a 3 but nonetheless an excellent creator, our most creative midfielder at that. Again- surely don't see how he wouldn't be a big loss.

Reid- What can we say. A revelation as a striker, plus assists too. Knows where the goal is and technically good too- only 24 or 25 I think so room for improvement and growth- evidence of his technical ability came to the fore when we played him up with Paterson behind. 4-4-1-1 on paper, yet became a 4-6-0 and even a 4-4-2-0 at times! Clearly would be a big- a major- loss.

Put another way if we were to replace those 4, like for like it would cost a hell of a lot in total IMO. Each one will leave a major hole tbh.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't think so...

Flint- Not our captain but nonetheless our leader- you could say captain in all but name only. Lynchpin too. IMO a big loss.

Bryan- Not necessarily a left back but great further forward. Left sided wide midfield, left wing, or even left wing back for me. (Could even consider him centrally as others suggested). A mix of his age, quality, versatility- to me that's a big loss.

Pack- Approaching peak age. Would be better in a 3 but nonetheless an excellent creator, our most creative midfielder at that. Again- surely don't see how he wouldn't be a big loss.

Reid- What can we say. A revelation ad a striker, plus assists too. Knows where the goal is and technically good too- only 24 or 25 I think so room for improvement and growth- evidence of his technical ability came to the fore when we played him up with Paterson behind. 4-4-1-1 on paper, yet became a 4-6-0 and even q 4-4-2-0 at times! Clearly would be a big- a major- loss.

Put another way if we were to replace those 4, like for like it would cost a hell of a lot IMO. Each one will leave a major hole tbh.

not saying they wont be missed at all, just that we have players with the potential to step up and be as good if not better in the not to distant future, but yes hope they don't all leave at once.

33 minutes ago, pillred said:

Think I have to use one of your own posts on that !!!!!

On 17/05/2018 at 10:11, pillred said:

that's a very brave statement let's hope that doesn't come back and bite you on the a**se!!

Personally wouldn't lose sleep over Bryan going, yes he's a good player and has been very good for us, but the 8-10m he would fetch, would be more than enough to find a suitable replacement and have money left in the jar.

Losing Reid & pack would be bigger blows and a lot harder to replace. 

2 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

Personally wouldn't lose sleep over Bryan going, yes he's a good player and has been very good for us, but the 8-10m he would fetch, would be more than enough to find a suitable replacement and have money left in the jar.

Losing Reid & pack would be bigger blows and a lot harder to replace. 

Be surprised if he attracts bids that high as clubs interests will have waned with loss of form and questionable desire and commitment to our cause. 

Fitting with his father's vocation that JBs heart may not be in it after all. 

Archived