IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

What if an offer came in the last xmas window and he and the club who bid were told no you are staying until the next window? a massive pay hike missed would certainly of pee`d him off which would certainly explain his cant be bothered efforts since? :dunno:Maybe the same for his mate BR.

Something happened for sure, now likely that we could well lose them both and maybe Flinty as well imo 3 of our best players could well be gone by next season will be tough to replace, certainly among the best in this div.

6 hours ago, Bri Stool City said:

What if an offer came in the last xmas window and he and the club who bid were told no you are staying until the next window? a massive pay hike missed would certainly of pee`d him off which would certainly explain his cant be bothered efforts since? :dunno:Maybe the same for his mate BR.

Something happened for sure, now likely that we could well lose them both and maybe Flinty as well imo 3 of our best players could well be gone by next season will be tough to replace, certainly among the best in this div.

I've not seen any evidence of a lack of evidence from BR. He might be off, of course, but I certainly think he can be bothered.

I'm not sure what has gone wrong with Bryan in recent months, and I think the whole team has been culpable so don't want to single him out, but - as a general rule - if any player cannot continue to give their all after being told to wait 5 months for a transfer when we are chasing promotion - the sooner they are moved on the better.

I've given my view before that there may be certain players - and I don't know who - who are not contributing to a positive and harmonious atmosphere at the club. I think, to answer a question posted by a different thread, the biggest change I'd like to see next season is any player who is not going to give their all and pull in the same direction as the rest of the team being moved on, however big a name they are.  Absolutely no idea if any of this applies to Bryan though. 

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Saw him eye to eye at Butlins Brighton on a Club18-30 event.

I know this thread is about Joe Bryan, but if he goes to Blackpool for a Northern Soul night, he must check out Edwin Starr's S.O.S. (stop her on sight). I maintain that it's one of the best Northern Soul tracks ever. So what if it was in Motown (some purists would say the track doesn't qualify as NS)?

2 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

I know this thread is about Joe Bryan, but if he goes to Blackpool for a Northern Soul night, he must check out Edwin Starr's S.O.S. (stop her on sight). I maintain that it's one of the best Northern Soul tracks ever. So what if it was in Motown (some purists would say the track doesn't qualify as NS)?

He was brilliant, had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand.  Great performer.  RIP Edwin.

Edwin Star lived in Polesworth, near Tamworth.

Not a lot of people knew that. 

I did, ‘cause I played football on a pitch close to his house. Truly the least likely, most bizarre place in the world for a famous US musician to live. Bit like Michael Jackson rocking up in Pill.

Uninteresting random fact of the day. 

13 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

I did, ‘cause I played football on a pitch close to his house. Truly the least likely, most bizarre place in the world for a famous US musician to live. Bit like Michael Jackson rocking up in Pill.

He’d never land up in Pill :whistle:

8 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

or Marvin Gaye living in Oostende 

8 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

He lived there because his later fame was on the Northern Soul circuit

32 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Mate of mine was told a story that a pal of his once saw franz beckenbauer in a chippy in stockwood, and he swore it was true?

"Trevor Brooking was born in Barking in 1948, the son of a police officer, and has lived for almost all his life in Essex.  He passed his 11-plus exam and entered Ilford County High School.  Unlike many professional soccer players, Trevor placed great emphasis on his education; indeed, he might claim to be an early exponent of lifelong learning.  He took 11 O-levels and Economics and Accounts at A-level.  Even after signing as an apprentice with West Ham United Football Club in 1965, Trevor continued day classes in Business Studies."

My one and only claim to fame is that I saw this  intellectual colossus in a betting shop in Cockfosters in the days when they were strewn with fag ends, torn up betting slips and broken dreams

7 minutes ago, Negan said:

Seem to be stating what everyone has been saying for the past week but putting exclusive as if they broke it first :laughcont:

Either doing themselves absolutely no favours or sticking their necks out or, just maybe, its true. 6 million is peanuts mind.

Archived