IGNORED

Shrewsbury v Rotherham

Red Army 75

As said on another thread, really hope Rotherham come up.

In our 2006/2007 season their fans and players stayed behind to watch our promotion celebrations despite being relegated to league two and applauded our team and showed great decency and humbleness. 

A decent club and it would be nice to see them back up in the Championship. If they don't come up Will Vaulks could be worth a look. Only 24 (25 in September) and is a goal scoring midfielder who can also play in defence. 

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

So the last game to affect our fixtures for next season. Who are people going for. For me got to be Shrewsbury. Went there few seasons ago . Won 3-2 I think. Tidy ground and a lot closer than Rotherham. Come on you shrews . 

Yep, 3-2 win, Joe Bryan header, Steven Pearson and JET got the goals. First sighting of Ryan Woods, who played at RB.  Goodson looked a prospect too.

First away game I took Joe to.  Lovely little ground, great Wheelchair position, raised up behind the goal.  And the stewards go and get your half time pie for you!

Shrews for me.

Rotherham probably nearer to me, although being a Mids team, Shrewsbury feels nearer. Just checked, and Rotherham marginally closer, at 54 miles.

Not been  to either ground (although been to Gaymeadow and Millmoor several times) and have no antipathy to either, so not too fussed!

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, 3-2 win, Joe Bryan header, Steven Pearson and JET got the goals. First sighting of Ryan Woods, who played at RB.  Goodson looked a prospect too.

First away game I took Joe to.  Lovely little ground, great Wheelchair position, raised up behind the goal.  And the stewards go and get your half time pie for you!

Shrews for me.

With you Dave . 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Shrews for me.

Kept this from the tv, as we’re init, init.

AEC6EB94-9014-4426-9D4C-16F3F9038107.jpeg

Went to that 3-2 win 4 years ago with Mrs. The Bad and stayed over in a haunted pub, before walking the Shropshire Hills the next day.

Shropshire's a beautiful unspoilt county if you want to include a day's walking in your City away weekend - not everyone's cup of tea, I'm sure, but I did my fair share of boozy City away trips with the lads in my youth. Probably more than my fair share in fact. :whistle2:

I doubt we'd ever do the same for Rotherham, too much time spent in the car, although still tempting if the fixture fell at the right time of the year with the stunning Yorkshire Dales being only about 60 miles away.

Definitely Shrewsbury for me.

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Went to that 3-2 win 4 years ago with Mrs. The Bad and stayed over in a haunted pub, before walking the Shropshire Hills the next day.

Shropshire's a beautiful unspoilt county if you want to include a day's walking in your City away weekend - not everyone's cup of tea, I'm sure, but I did my fair share of boozy City away trips with the lads in my youth. Probably more than my fair share in fact. :whistle2:

I doubt we'd ever do the same for Rotherham, too much time spent in the car, although still tempting if the fixture fell at the right time of the year with the stunning Yorkshire Dales being only about 60 miles away.

Definitely Shrewsbury for me.

Shrewsbury actually isn't bad for a night out, and Chester is an hour up the road too.

Archived