IGNORED

Shrewsbury v Rotherham

Red Army 75

23 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

Rotherham been very good, and looked very good on the attack. Vaulks and Williams look very good players. 

Very good? I thought both sides were poor by Championship standards. Rotherham deserved to win on the day but wouldn't survive on that performance, IMHO.

Credit where it's due, they've earnt another go I guess. 

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

All 3 back at the first attempt then

That says an awful lot about the difference in standard between the two leagues TBH.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Was their 62nd or 63rd game of the season.

Bit of tiredness doesnt mean theyre unfit.

How long did the reasoning of our cup run tiring our players get trotted out? Shrewsbury cup final and maintained the run to play off final 

Such a shame for Shrewsbury, they've been great this season, think they'd have gone up automatically almost any other year.

Pleased to have Rotherham back though, another South Yorkshire derby to look forward to. Surprised they've managed it after their appalling display last season.

3 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Such a shame for Shrewsbury, they've been great this season, think they'd have gone up automatically almost any other year.

Pleased to have Rotherham back though, another South Yorkshire derby to look forward to. Surprised they've managed it after their appalling display last season.

Out of interest, how do you think you'll fair in the summer, what do you make of your new manager? Do you think the likes of Reach, Bannan and Lees will stay put or move on ?

Rotherham deserved it but it's so boring to see the three relegated teams return straight away.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Superb, lovely new away day to Shrewsbury or another jaunt up to the grim north to another boring, miserable shithole.

***** sake Shrewsbury you bad bottlers.

We are probably the biggest bottlers in all four divisions this season so we can't exactly throw stones

5 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

Out of interest, how do you think you'll fair in the summer, what do you make of your new manager? Do you think the likes of Reach, Bannan and Lees will stay put or move on ?

We've come close to the FFP limit after a couple of years of silly spending so won't be doing much unfortunately. Not worried about losing many players though, especially the likes of Bannan. Looks a real possibility we'll lose our keeper Westwood though. Hoping someone is daft enough to come and take Jordan Rhodes off our hands, seems crazy to say it considering how fantastic he was in this division a few years ago. Can't see it happening though as he's on about 40k a week apparently. 

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

For reasons that are too obscure to explain, Rotherham are my least favourite team who are not Peterborough United. I rarely wish people ill but, if they could be relegated next season with a record low points total, that would be a thing I would feel fine about.

You'd fit in well on Owlstalk.

To be honest, we aren't missing out on much by not having Shrewsbury as an away day. If they were still at their old ground then yes but they play in a modern bowl on the outskirts of the City.

I think Rotherham will take up one of the bottom 3 spots again next season. 

1 minute ago, Owl Visiting said:

We've come close to the FFP limit after a couple of years of silly spending so won't be doing much unfortunately. Not worried about losing many players though, especially the likes of Bannan. Looks a real possibility we'll lose our keeper Westwood though. Hoping someone is daft enough to come and take Jordan Rhodes off our hands, seems crazy to say it considering how fantastic he was in this division a few years ago. Can't see it happening though as he's on about 40k a week apparently. 

Thought Rhodes to Rangers on loan was a done deal ? Gerard seemed pretty confident on the radio that it was a done deal. 

21 minutes ago, hodge said:

How long did the reasoning of our cup run tiring our players get trotted out? Shrewsbury cup final and maintained the run to play off final 

Shrewsbury played 8-9 more games than we did- over 60 in a season is a huge amount, and their form has been faltering for a while.

The number of games definitely caught up with them, a shame really as they were looking good for the automatic spots for most of the season.

2 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

You'd fit in well on Owlstalk.

I should think Adam Reach will have some serious interest though won`t he? Every time I saw your lot last season he shone out as the best player in your side by a mile. At least you should get some serious cash for him though. I`d love him at AG but it won`t happen.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

I should think Adam Reach will have some serious interest though won`t he? Every time I saw your lot last season he shone out as the best player in your side by a mile. At least you should get some serious cash for him though. I`d love him at AG but it won`t happen.

With Johnson looking for leaders, does anyone think Johnson might follow up his interest in Bannan from last year? With Bannan in his final year of contract, surely he won't be anymore than 4/5m. 

As Shrewsbury won't be in the Championship,  I think City would have a good chance of signing young Dean Henderson, as I have posted on here before, he looks a good prospect, commands the area well, shot saving is very good and so is his kicking and distribution.  I wonder how much he would cost?  Anybody think the same?

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I don't think we'd sell any of our key players to be honest. The Chairman is really ambitious and will be fancying another crack at promotion next season. Would be interesting if someone made a big offer, but I think we paid about 5 million for him.

2 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

With Johnson looking for leaders, does anyone think Johnson might follow up his interest in Bannan from last year? With Bannan in his final year of contract, surely he won't be anymore than 4/5m. 

You`re probably asking the wrong person - I`ve never been a huge Bannan fan TBH. Others on here are and could probably be a lot more objective than me!

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

As Shrewsbury won't be in the Championship,  I think City would have a good chance of signing young Dean Henderson, as I have posted on here before, he looks a good prospect, commands the area well, shot saving is very good and so is his kicking and distribution.  I wonder how much he would cost?  Anybody think the same?

He's a Manchester United player though, not a Shrewsbury player. Reportedly they said there was a new contract on the table for him as well.

According to Alan Nixon on Twitter, he said we were looking to pay £1m + for him, but Henderson was demanding big wages and that might scupper the deal.

If he is trying to hold us out for big money, I would say look elsewhere. He's only proven himself in League One, we would be a step up for him and he wont be playing for Man Utd anytime soon, so if he is already demanding the earth, let him demand it elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, Owl Visiting said:

I don't think we'd sell any of our key players to be honest. The Chairman is really ambitious and will be fancying another crack at promotion next season. Would be interesting if someone made a big offer, but I think we paid about 5 million for him.

I think it was you that said early season that you thought you`d been done a bit by Boro there (apologies if it wasn`t!). You can`t be too disappointed with the business now though - he`s worth twice that at least now I should think.

2 minutes ago, 123red1 said:

He's a Manchester United player though, not a Shrewsbury player. Reportedly they said there was a new contract on the table for him as well.

According to Alan Nixon on Twitter, he said we were looking to pay £1m + for him, but Henderson was demanding big wages and that might scupper the deal.

If he is trying to hold us out for big money, I would say look elsewhere. He's only proven himself in League One, we would be a step up for him and he wont be playing for Man Utd anytime soon, so if he is already demanding the earth, let him demand it elsewhere. 

I didn't know that 123,  it's a shame as I think he would be ideal for us, why do some players think they are above a certain level when they haven't proven themselves?  Not the type of player we want then.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think it was you that said early season that you thought you`d been done a bit by Boro there (apologies if it wasn`t!). You can`t be too disappointed with the business now though - he`s worth twice that at least now I should think.

It may well have been yeah, he's really stood out this season though. Hard to say what anyone is worth at the moment with all the crazy fees flying around.

Everyone seems to start a valuation at the moment with ""If Gary Madine is worth 6 million, then...."

3 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

It may well have been yeah, he's really stood out this season though. Hard to say what anyone is worth at the moment with all the crazy fees flying around.

Everyone seems to start a valuation at the moment with ""If Gary Madine is worth 6 million, then...."

It should be `If Gary Madine COST 6 million`

4 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

I actually wouldn't mind us buying Sam Winnall , He clearly isn't in your plans and looked good at times for Derby and Johnson knows him and he could be a cheap Striker to buy who at 27 isn't old and could only cost 1-2m. 5 goals in 21 Championship appearances mainly off the bench isn't bad going. 

1 minute ago, 123red1 said:

I actually wouldn't mind us buying Sam Winnall , He clearly isn't in your plans and looked good at times for Derby and Johnson knows him and he could be a cheap Striker to buy who at 27 isn't old and could only cost 1-2m. 5 goals in 21 Championship appearances mainly off the bench isn't bad going. 

Yeah he's a decent player, I want him gone as his behaviour has been really poor since he had a training ground bust up with Forestieri. He's made it very clear he doesn't want to come back to us.

I think he may well end up at Derby though once he recovers from his bad injury.

Just now, Owl Visiting said:

Yeah he's a decent player, I want him gone as his behaviour has been really poor since he had a training ground bust up with Forestieri. He's made it very clear he doesn't want to come back to us.

I think he may well end up at Derby though once he recovers from his bad injury.

Derby have no money, no manager and loads of their pensioners have to leave as well. I would be very surprised to see Derby signing anyone this summer. Rowett jumped off a sinking ship. 

Archived